WWI Battlefield Weekend Summer
- Take time to pay your respects at relatives’ graves.
- Go on a trench tour at Vimy Ridge
- Hear the Last Post played at Ypres
- Learn more of the overall conduct/strategy of the war
- Age range
- 40 to 90 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Rather Poor
- CAChrisWritten on October 22, 20174.5 - ExcellentWe went on the Western Front Battlefields weekend tour just a week ago. It was a very interesting and highly moving experience. David our excellent guide carefully built a "brush stroke" picture both through sensitive commentary and the order in which he guided us through this iconic area yet never "over commentated"' allowing us to form our own impressions. The coach was very comfortable. If you are looking for luxury accomodation and /or a "foodie" experience then this is not the tour for you . All perfectly adequate but not what we were there for. Many thanks David for making these few days so memorable.Show detailed ratings
- DPDeniseWritten on August 20, 20165.0 - ExcellentThe tour was perfect for our needs. Informative, concise and well organised. Gide was knowledgable and able to adapt the tour to suit the needs of the group.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Lille – The Somme – Villers-bretonneux – Ypres
- Day 2: Ypres Salient
- Day 3: Ypres – Fromelles – Vimy Ridge - Lille
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Small Group Tours of Europe & the UK
- The Road Less Travelled
- Western Europe Travel Guide
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- July 18, 2016
When are the WW1 Battlefield Tours happening in the May of 2017
We can see that the dates below are those that are available for May 2017:
6 May, 13 May, 20 May, 27 May.
- February 15, 2016
Can I request pre-trip accommodation for this tour?
Yes, you can request pre-trip accommodation, but confirmation will be subject to availability.
- February 1, 2016
Can you please advise what time this trip departs on the first day?
Pick-Up & Drop-Off:
This tour commences from Lille Europe Station, The Meeting Point, Gare de Lille-Europe, 59800, Lille at 8.30am. Please ensure you are at the 'Meeting Point', which you'll find in Hall 2, at least 15 minutes prior to departure.
The tour finishes at 6.00pm at Lille Europe Station, The Meeting Point, Gare de Lille-Europe, 59800, Lille.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Gemma, 31 years old7th April 2017
About the countries
- EuroFrance and Belgium
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Lille.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Back-Roads Touring to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $200 to confirm this Back-Roads Touring booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 21 April 2018 the full payment of $0 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $0 for WWI Battlefield Weekend Summer, but the deposit of $200 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Back-Roads Touring : Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Lille (France)
- 97 km
- Somme (France)
- 113 km
- Ypres (Belgium)
- 27 km
- Fromelles (France)
- 26 km
- Vimy (France)
- 33 km
- Lille (France)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $0 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 7,373 tours in Europe
- covered by 181 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date.
- 2 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on WWI Battlefield Weekend Summer