Highlights of Britain
- Trace the footsteps of writers and poets
- Delve into Welsh cuisine with a cookery demonstration
- Become a dessert connoisseur at the world famous “Pudding Club”
- Explore the scenic back roads of some of Britain’s most spectacular regions
- Age range
- 40 to 90 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Travel style
- In-depth Cultural, Coach / Bus
- Rather Poor
- SsusanviolaWritten on August 30, 20185.0 - ExcellentLoved every minute of tour, Phil our original tour guide who had to go home and then young Johnny (his first tour of that kind) was wonderful and Sergio our driver. loved the back roads. couldnt have travelled with a better group of people, wonderful company.Show detailed ratings
- DBDeborahWritten on October 10, 20175.0 - ExcellentIt was a wonderful experience, going on the back roads you see so much more especially Hill Top FarmShow detailed ratings
- SSharonWritten on October 3, 20164.5 - ExcellentWe had a terrific trip. Pip, our driver and guide, was fabulous. He did a great job showing us his country and gave us lots of information and history so we understood what we were seeing. The back roads were so scenic - so much better than taking the main roads, He really tried to make sure that everyone had a great trip. Most of the restaurants were excellent and the accommodations were great except for the castle.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: London – Oxford – Cotswolds
- Day 2: Cotswolds - Stratford-Upon-Avon - Cotswolds
- Day 3: Cotswolds – Ironbridge – Denbighshire
- Day 4: Denbighshire – Snowdonia National Park – Denbighshire
- Day 5: Denbighshire– Chester – Haworth – York
- Day 6: York
- Day 7: York – Castle Howard – Lake District
- Day 8: Lake District
- Day 9: Lake District – Scottish Borders
- Day 10: Scottish Borders – Abbotsford House – Rosslyn Chapel – Edinburgh
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Small Group Tours of Europe & the UK
- The Road Less Travelled
- Western Europe Travel Guide
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Where is the meeting point in London?
The meeting point to be Grange Wellington Hotel.
Which hotels are we staying?
You will stay in charming, local hotels of a 3 to 4 star standard offering you an authentic experience which really makes you feel like you're in Britain!
Back-Roads Touring pride themselves on offering a truly authentic travel experience, so rather than staying in large, modern chain hotels, you will be more likely staying in family run hotels and manor houses.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Anna9th July 2018
Highlights of Britain
- SundaySep 30, 2018from London10 DaysTuesdayOct 9, 2018to Edinburgh0 seats leftUSD $2,832Based on Double ShareSold outSee similar tours on this date
- ThursdayOct 18, 2018from London10 DaysSaturdayOct 27, 2018to Edinburgh0 seats leftUSD $2,832Based on Double ShareSold outSee similar tours on this date
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- Pound sterlingEngland and Scotland
Plugs & Adapters
- London is the starting point and Edinburgh is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Back-Roads Touring to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $200 to confirm this Back-Roads Touring booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 22 November 2018 the full payment of $0 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $0 for Highlights of Britain , but the deposit of $200 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Back-Roads Touring : Visa - Master Card - American Express
- London (England)
- 82 km
- Oxford (England)
- 50 km
- Cotswolds (England)
- 99 km
- Ironbridge (England)
- 101 km
- Snowdonia National Park (England)
- 79 km
- Chester (England)
- 94 km
- Haworth (England)
- 59 km
- York (England)
- 144 km
- Lake District National Park (England)
- 164 km
- Edinburgh (Scotland)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $0 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,842 tours in Europe
- covered by 254 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date.
- 3 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Highlights of Britain