The Eastern Discovery (16 Days)
- US $ 5,216
- JUST PAY $99 TODAY
- Explore the Greco-Roman treasure of Ephesus
- Stand beneath frescoed ceilings in Schönbrunn Palace
- Appreciate the blend of old and new wonders in Maribor
- Marvel at the water wonderland of Plitvice National Park
- Age range
- 5 to 99 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus, Private Vehicle, Plane
- Travel style
- Discovery, Historical
- Insight Vacations
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Welcome to Vienna.
- Day 2: Stately Vienna and the Habsburgs.
- Day 3: Zagreb’s Twin Towns.
- Day 4: The Crystal blue-green Lakes of Plitvice.
- Day 5: Plitvice Lakes, Ancient Trogir and Split.
- Day 6: Diocletian’s Palace and Dine-Around in Dubrovnik.
- Day 7: Dubrovnik, Pearl of the Adriatic.
- Day 8: Scenic Drive to Kotor and Tirana.
- Day 9: Across the cobalt-blue waters to Corfu.
- Day 10: Relax in Corfu.
- Day 11: Delphi, Centre of the Ancient World.
- Day 12: Delphi sightseeing and on to Athens.
- Day 13: Cruise to Mykonos.
- Day 14: Kusadasi to Patmos.
- Day 15: Crete and Santorini.
- Day 16: Depart Athens.
AccommodationRated Rather poor by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Bad by past passengers
- Rather Poor
- JJenniferForbesWritten on March 6, 20193.5 - Good
Insight Vacations excelled themselves with this itinerary. It is amazing how many countries you visit on this trip. The hotels were of a very high standard and the fact that they are centrally located made it easier to explore. Our Travel Director was so... Read moreShow detailed ratingsInsight Vacations commented on this reviewThe Eastern Discovery is a wonderful way for our guests to get a real feel for Eastern Europe; therefore, we are very pleased that you have thoroughly enjoyed your trip. Also, we are very happy to hear that our staff put in a lot of effort to make your time on the road an insightful one. That being said, we are without a doubt happy to have hosted you and we truly look forward to welcoming you back for more amazing destinations.
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!Ask a question
- Meet Insight Vacations Travel Director Tim Pendlebury
- Meet Insight Vacations Travel Director Sara Tuppen Veloso
- Deliciously Authentic Dining
- The Magic of an Insight Experience
- The Art of Traveling in Style
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Crystal4th July 2019
The Eastern Discovery (16 Days)
- Upcoming departures
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- May 2020
- June 2020
- July 2020
- August 2020
- September 2020
- October 2020
- SundayAug 11, 2019from Vienna16 DaysMondayAug 26, 2019to Athens10+ seats leftUSD $5,436+ $159 Cruise Port Tax
- SundayAug 25, 2019from Vienna16 DaysMondaySep 9, 2019to Athens0 seats leftUSD $5,391+ $159 Cruise Port TaxSold outSee similar tours on this date
- SundaySep 8, 2019from Vienna16 DaysMondaySep 23, 2019to Athens0 seats leftUSD $5,391+ $159 Cruise Port TaxSold outSee similar tours on this date
- SundaySep 22, 2019from Vienna16 DaysMondayOct 7, 2019to Athens7 seats leftUSD $5,391+ $159 Cruise Port TaxInstant BookHold my
- SundayOct 6, 2019from Vienna16 DaysMondayOct 21, 2019to AthensOnly 1 seat leftUSD $5,216+ $159 Cruise Port TaxBook Now Hold my
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- EuroAustria , Montenegro and Greece
Plugs & Adapters
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Austria, Croatia and Albania. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Croatia, Montenegro, Albania and Greece. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Montenegro, Albania and Greece. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Recommended for Albania. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Yellow fever
- Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an infected area for Albania. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Vienna is the starting point and Athens is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Insight Vacations to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- For any tour departing before 9 September 2019 a full payment is necessary. For tours departing after 9 September 2019, a minimum payment of $99 is required to confirm your booking with Insight Vacations. The final payment will be automatically charged to your credit card on the designated due date. The final payment of the remaining balance is required at least 50 days days prior to the departure date of your tour. TourRadar never charges you a booking fee and will charge you in the stated currency.
- Cancellation policy
- TourRadar is an authorised Agent of Insight Vacations. Please familiarise yourself with the Insight Vacations payment, cancellation and refund conditions.
- Payment methods
- The following cards are accepted for Insight Vacations tours: Visa, Maestro, Mastercard, American Express or PayPal. TourRadar does NOT charge you an extra fee for using any of these payment methods.
- Vienna (Austria)
- 268 km
- Zagreb (Croatia)
- 110 km
- Plitvice Lakes National Park (Croatia)
- 158 km
- Trogir (Croatia)
- 16 km
- Split (Croatia)
- 164 km
- Dubrovnik (Croatia)
- 61 km
- Kotor (Montenegro)
- 149 km
- Tirana (Albania)
- 192 km
- Corfu (Greece)
- 261 km
- Delphi (Greece)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $5,216 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 11,859 tours in Europe
- covered by 568 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 50 days prior to the departure date.
- 1 Genuine Review
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on The Eastern Discovery (16 Days)