Outback Contrasts – A Journey to the Centre
- Our saving
- US $ 2,473
- JUST PAY $99 DEPOSIT TODAY
- Discover the mystical domes of Kata Tjuta.
- Experience a spectacular Red Centre sunset.
- Explore the beauty of Kings Canyon with a rim walk.
- Admire the sunrise from the base of Uluru.
- Age range
- 12 to 90 year olds
- Hotel, Resort
- Max Group Size
- Travel style
- Discovery, Adventure
- Paul Manley's review about another Inspiring Journeys tour4.5 - Excellent
The tour exceeded our expectations on all fronts except for the accommodation at Wildman Wilderness Lodge which was full of bugs and stifling hot at night. Most of the meals were excellent but a few lunches had mediocre sandwiches.
- CarlieFyfe's review about another Inspiring Journeys tour4.5 - Excellent
Great to see regions of Victoria I had never visited before. Very easy driving days and distances with generous start times. Food was amazing!
- Mick Duck's review about another Inspiring Journeys tour5.0 - Excellent
Our guide James was so knowledgeable and always ensured that everyone was well looked after. The hotels were fantastic and the food was so far above and beyond what you would expect in the outback. I cannot wait to do another Inspiromg Journeys trip
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Welcome to Alice Springs
- Day 2: Alice Springs
- Day 3: Alice Springs – Kings Canyon
- Day 4: Kings Canyon – Uluru
- Day 5: Farewell from Uluru
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Is tipping my Travel Director or Driver Guide compulsory?
Tipping is not compulsory in Australia or New Zealand however if you are happy with the service you received from your Travel Director or Driver Guide you can feel free to leave them a tip at your own discretion.
How can I pay for the Optional Experiences?
All your Optional Experiences can be organised directly with your Travel Director whilst on the tour and you can choose to either pay in either local cash or by credit card.
What is the maximum luggage allowance?
Due to strict Government vehicle weight restrictions you are allowed one medium size suitcase per person, with dimensions not to exceed H76cm x W46cm x D25cm. The maximum weight of all luggage must not exceed 23kg (50lbs).
You are also allowed one piece of hand luggage onboard the coach: however, it must be able to fit in the overhead compartments or under the seat in front of you if required.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Christopher26th May 2019
Outback Contrasts – A Journey to the Centre
- Upcoming departures
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- April 2020
- May 2020
- June 2020
- July 2020
- August 2020
- September 2020
- FridayJul 5, 2019from Alice Springs5 DaysTuesdayJul 9, 2019to UluruOnly 1 seat left$77USD $2,473
- FridayJul 19, 2019from Alice Springs5 DaysTuesdayJul 23, 2019to UluruOnly 1 seat left$77USD $2,473
- FridayAug 2, 2019from Alice Springs5 DaysTuesdayAug 6, 2019to UluruOnly 1 seat left$77USD $2,473
- FridayAug 30, 2019from Alice Springs5 DaysTuesdaySep 3, 2019to Uluru0 seats left$77USD $2,473Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- FridaySep 13, 2019from Alice Springs5 DaysTuesdaySep 17, 2019to Uluru10+ seats left$77USD $2,473
- FridaySep 27, 2019from Alice Springs5 DaysTuesdayOct 1, 2019to Uluru9 seats left$77USD $2,473
- FridayApr 10, 2020from Alice Springs5 DaysTuesdayApr 14, 2020to Uluru$80USD $2,570
- FridayMay 8, 2020from Alice Springs5 DaysTuesdayMay 12, 2020to Uluru7 seats left$80USD $2,570
- FridayMay 22, 2020from Alice Springs5 DaysTuesdayMay 26, 2020to Uluru10+ seats left$80USD $2,570
- FridayJun 5, 2020from Alice Springs5 DaysTuesdayJun 9, 2020to Uluru10+ seats left$80USD $2,570
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Yellow fever
- Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an infected area for Australia. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Japanese B encephalitis
- Recommended for Australia. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Alice Springs is the starting point and Uluru is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Inspiring Journeys to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $99 to confirm this Inspiring Journeys booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 18 August 2019 the full payment of $2,473 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $2473 for Outback Contrasts – A Journey to the Centre, but the deposit of $99 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Inspiring Journeys tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Alice Springs (Australia)
- 16 km
- Simpsons Gap (Australia)
- 67 km
- Ellery Creek (Australia)
- 167 km
- Kings Canyon (Australia)
- 134 km
- Uluru (Australia)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $2,473 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 1,369 tours in Australia/Oceania
- covered by 97 different operators in Australia/Oceania
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date.
- 4,381 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Australia/Oceania tours