Contrasts of Australia & New Zealand
- Our saving
- US $ 5,496
- Snorkel and see the colours of the Great Barrier Reef
- Admire the sunset on a dinner cruise of Sydney Harbour
- Dip your toes in the Pacific Ocean at iconic Bondi Beach
- Journey over the Southern Alps on the TranzAlpine Train
- Cruise on the magical waters of mystical Milford Sound
- Age range
- 5 to 99 year olds
- Hotel, Lodge
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus, Plane
- Travel style
- Discovery, Adventure, Coach / Bus, Sightseeing
- AAT Kings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Welcome to Melbourne
- Day 2: Melbourne
- Day 3: Melbourne – Cairns
- Day 4: Great Barrier Reef
- Day 5: Cairns Free Time
- Day 6: Cairns – Sydney
- Day 7: Sydney
- Day 8: Sydney Free Time
- Day 9: Sydney – Auckland
- Day 10: Auckland
- Day 11: Auckland – Rotorua
- Day 12: Rotorua – Christchurch
- Day 13: Christchurch – Franz Josef
- Day 14: Franz Josef – Queenstown
- Day 15: Milford Sound Cruise
- Day 16: Queenstown Free Time
- Day 17: Depart Queenstown
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
- Joan Allister's review about another AAT Kings tour5.0 - Excellent
Excellent tour.although the drive from Georgetown to lawn hill was tough it was well worth it.
- JOHN ROY's review about another AAT Kings tour5.0 - Excellent
An excellent choice of events and accommodation for the 11 day tour. The cruises were outstanding. Delma gave us a lot of very useful background information. Ben was an efficient and considerate driver.
- Denyse Demers's review about another AAT Kings tour5.0 - Excellent
We would prefer hanging name tag instead of pinning.
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Is tipping my Travel Director or Driver Guide compulsory?
Tipping is not compulsory in Australia or New Zealand however if you are happy with the service you received from your Travel Director or Driver Guide you can feel free to leave them a tip at your own discretion.
How can I pay for the Optional Experiences?
All your Optional Experiences can be organised directly with your Travel Director whilst on the tour and you can choose to either pay in either local cash or by credit card.
What is the maximum luggage allowance?
Due to strict Government vehicle weight restrictions you are allowed one medium size suitcase per person, with dimensions not to exceed H76cm x W46cm x D25cm. The maximum weight of all luggage must not exceed 23kg (50lbs).
You are also allowed one piece of hand luggage on-board the coach: however it must be able to fit in the overhead compartments or under the seat in front of you if required.
- AAT Kings
- AAT Kings - Meet Mark and New Zealand
- Explore New Zealand's North Island with AAT Kings
- Explore Australia and New Zealand with AAT Kings
- Explore Australia's spectacular Northern Territory with AAT Kings
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Lora2nd August 2019
Contrasts of Australia & New Zealand
- Upcoming departures
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- January 2020
- February 2020
- March 2020
- April 2020
- May 2020
- June 2020
- July 2020
- August 2020
- September 2020
- October 2020
- November 2020
- December 2020
- January 2021
- February 2021
- March 2021
- ThursdayOct 3, 2019from Melbourne17 DaysSaturdayOct 19, 2019to QueenstownOnly 1 seat left$189USD $6,106
- ThursdayOct 17, 2019from Melbourne17 DaysSaturdayNov 2, 2019to Queenstown0 seats left$189USD $6,106
- ThursdayNov 14, 2019from Melbourne17 DaysSaturdayNov 30, 2019to Queenstown8 seats left$799$6,295-13%USD $5,496
- ThursdayDec 19, 2019from Melbourne17 DaysSaturdayJan 4, 2020to Queenstown0 seats left$189USD $6,106
- ThursdayJan 23, 2020from Melbourne17 DaysSaturdayFeb 8, 2020to Queenstown9 seats left$189USD $6,106
- ThursdayFeb 6, 2020from Melbourne17 DaysSaturdayFeb 22, 2020to Queenstown0 seats left$189USD $6,106
- ThursdayFeb 13, 2020from Melbourne17 DaysSaturdayFeb 29, 2020to Queenstown7 seats left$189USD $6,106
- ThursdayFeb 27, 2020from Melbourne17 DaysSaturdayMar 14, 2020to Queenstown7 seats left$189USD $6,106
- ThursdayMar 5, 2020from Melbourne17 DaysSaturdayMar 21, 2020to Queenstown8 seats left$189USD $6,106
- ThursdayMar 12, 2020from Melbourne17 DaysSaturdayMar 28, 2020to Queenstown10+ seats left$189USD $6,106
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- DollarAustralia and New Zealand
Plugs & Adapters
- Yellow fever
- Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an infected area for Australia. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Japanese B encephalitis
- Recommended for Australia. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Melbourne is the starting point and Queenstown is the endpoint.
- For any tour departing before 15 November 2019 a full payment is necessary. For tours departing after 15 November 2019, a minimum payment of $200 is required to confirm your booking with AAT Kings. The final payment will be automatically charged to your credit card on the designated due date. The final payment of the remaining balance is required at least 60 days days prior to the departure date of your tour. TourRadar never charges you a booking fee and will charge you in the stated currency.
- Cancellation policy
- TourRadar is an authorised Agent of AAT Kings. Please familiarise yourself with the AAT Kings payment, cancellation and refund conditions. TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees.
- Payment methods
- The following cards are accepted for AAT Kings tours: Visa, Maestro, Mastercard, American Express or PayPal. TourRadar does NOT charge you an extra fee for using any of these payment methods.
- Melbourne (Australia)
- 2,325 km
- Cairns (Australia)
- 259 km
- Great Barrier Reef - Tropical North (Australia)
- 1,768 km
- Sydney (Australia)
- 2,157 km
- Auckland (New Zealand)
- 194 km
- Rotorua (New Zealand)
- 672 km
- Christchurch (New Zealand)
- 199 km
- Franz Josef (New Zealand)
- 222 km
- Queenstown (New Zealand)
- 71 km
- Milford Sound (New Zealand)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $5,496 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 1,401 tours in Australia/Oceania
- covered by 115 different operators in Australia/Oceania
- Use Discounts and Credits*
- Past passenger discounts or credits, early-bird savings, child discounts, and multi-person discounts offered by the tour operator may be applicable when you book with TourRadar. *Discounts and credits are subject to the tour operator terms and conditions.
- 4,481 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Australia/Oceania tours