Start planning your tour
- Embark on two treks in the remote Himalayas
- Climb through lush rhododendron and pine forests
- Enjoy views of the Shivling, the Matterhorn of India
- Observe a traditional aarti, a devotional ritual that involves floating candles and flowers on the Ganges River
- Day 1: Tour starts today in the Delhi hotel.
- Day 2: Fly to Dehra Dun; drive to Rishikesh; evening Ganga aarti.
- Day 3: Drive to Uttarkashi and then on to the small Garhwali village of Barsu (2,250m)
- Day 4: Short acclimatisation trek to Dayara Bugyal with wonderful views of the Indian Himalaya
- Day 5: Trek to Syari Bugyal; optional walk to our camp via Bakaria Top (3,800m)
- Day 6: Day walk to the viewpoint at Surya Top then on to Uchlaru Top (3,900m)
- Day 7: Last day of acclimatisation trek descending back to Barsu
- Day 8: Heading further north today we drive to Gangotri; afternoon to explore the temples and town
- Day 9: Begin our trek to the Source of the Ganges heading to Bhojwassa.
- Day 10: We reach the Source of the Ganges at Gaumukh; continue on to our camp at Tapovan (4,500m)
- Day 11: Optional day walk to Meru base camp or relax in this beautiful setting; option to visit an ashram
- Day 12: Trek down the valley from Tapovan to Chirwassa
- Day 13: A short trek back to Gangotri; drive to Uttarkashi for the night
- Day 14: Drive to the busy hill station of Mussoorie favoured by the British Raj.
- Day 15: Morning free to explore the hill station of Mussoorie; afternoon train to Delhi
- Day 16: End Delhi
- Additional Services
Where You'll Stay
Reviews about this operator
- RoswithaNovember 18, 2019Perfect trip, Joseph and the other 2 guys were very kind and helpfull, they always tried to make the trip as comfortable as possible for us. Hotels were great, except the one in Ooty looked more like a business hotel, very 'cold' atmospher. Hotel in... Show more
- JuliaApril 29, 2019We had a great time. It was a full on tour and we saw and experienced everything and more than expected. Naveen was the best tour leader and he made us feel safe and part of a big family. He made it all go very smoothly and kept us all on schedule... Show more
- DeborahDecember 10, 2019Only concern was several long days of travel that were not identified in the tour info/ notes.
NO CREDIT CARD FEES
Source of the Sacred Ganges Trek
STARTENDSEATS LEFTSAVE NOW PRICE
- SundayMay 17, 2020from New Delhi16 DaysMondayJun 1, 2020to New Delhi8 seats left$82USD $2,749Sharing a twin room
- SundaySep 27, 2020from New Delhi16 DaysMondayOct 12, 2020to New Delhi8 seats left$83USD $2,779Sharing a twin room
- SundayOct 18, 2020from New Delhi16 DaysMondayNov 2, 2020to New Delhi8 seats left$84USD $2,799Sharing a twin room
- SaturdayMay 15, 2021from New Delhi16 DaysSundayMay 30, 2021to New Delhi8 seats left$86USD $2,879Sharing a twin room
- SaturdaySep 25, 2021from New Delhi16 DaysSundayOct 10, 2021to New Delhi8 seats left$88USD $2,949Sharing a twin room
- SaturdayOct 16, 2021from New Delhi16 DaysSundayOct 31, 2021to New Delhi8 seats left$88USD $2,949Sharing a twin room
Frequently asked questions
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!
Good to know
- About the country
- Payment information
- Cancellation Policy
- Discover TourRadar