Oktoberfest - 6 Day Coach/Camp
Save up to 60% across the globe
ends on 24 Jan 2018
Start and end in London! With the oktoberfest tour Oktoberfest - 6 Day Coach/Camp, you have a 5 day tour package taking you through London, England and Munich. Starting from $0.00, Oktoberfest - 6 Day Coach/Camp is 100% cheaper than the average 3-7 day tour through Europe.
- Age range
- 18 to 99 year olds
- Coach / Bus
- Physical Rating
1 ReviewWrite a review
- AAnonymousWritten on October 16, 2007Fast facts on Munich (Munchen): * 3rd largest german city * Population = 1.3 million approx * Located on River Isar north of the Bavarian Alps * Old city motto "Die weltstadt mit Herz" (the global city with a heart) * Munchen (german name for munich) stems from an old german word predating the word monche, meanining monk. Hence the monk on the munic coat of arms * Population is said to double every 30 years in Munich * Foundation date was 1158 * Summer Olympics held in Munich in 1972 (israeli athletes were assasinated by Palestinian terrorists Englischer Garter (a park in munich) is one of the worlds largest urban public parks, spanding 3.7kms * munich was ranked 8th top quality city to live in and 39th most expensive in the world (most expensive in germany however) * 2006 World cup final held at Allianz Arena World War 1 - outbreak of world war 1 (1914) - Allies block germany, leading to food & fuel shortages - 3 bombs hit munich during french raids in 1916 - From 1919 onwards, Munich became the stage for Nazi & Adolf Hilter powers 1923 - Hilter & supporters stage beer hall Putsch where they attempt to overthrow Weimar republic and sieze power. Hilter fails and is arrested...temporary power lost too nazi's - Nazis regain power in 1933, building dachau (first concentration camp to be built by Hilter) 16km north west of city centre World War 2 - munich was heavily damaged by allied bombings. Munich was hit 71 times by air raids over a period of 6 years Architecture - centre of city is Marienplatz, large open sqaure named after Mariensaule, a Marian column it its centre - Peterskirche, oldest church in the city centre. 1st built during Romanesque period, it was the focus of early monastic settlement in munich before the city's official foundation in 1158 - Residenz palace complex - on edge of munichs old town: one of europe's most significant museums of interior design Oktoberfest (d'wiesn) - 1st held 12/10/1810 (my birthday!) in honour of prince Ludwig's and princess Therese Von Sachsen-Hildburghausen's wedding. Traditionally the festival was closed with a horse race - Festival finishes 1st sunday in October Food Specialities - Weibwurste (white sausages): traditionally eaten before 12pm, served with sweet mustard and freshly baked pretzels (yum!) - Schweinshaxn (pork knuckle) Beer Gardens (Prost - cheers!!!) - There are 20 in Munich, largest one is Hirschgartin - 6 million visit oktoberfest each year - Festival is held near the area Theresienwiese My Time in Munich - PP Travel 5 day coach (in my case plane)/camping tour 21/9/2007 bus journey with PP travel 20 hours....i chose to fly. 22/9/2007 Arrive into munich at 11am, catch the S Bahn to a place called Karlsplatz then catch the U5 to Theresinweise. Once i got out of the station, i walked straight into the festival! awesome!!! The mayor had just hit the 1st keg to open the ceremony and fireworks were going off, truly magical. Oktoberfest can only be described as disneyland with a heap of beerhalls around the place. The place hosts the most drunken party in the world, so much fun. Food stalls, people selling souveniours and music everywhere!... We ended up at Lowenbrau both nights of the festival, my view was that it was the best beer hall. On the sunday PP took us to dachau (first concentration camp built by hilter) and then to a monastry that brews its own beer. The concentration camp was a really chilling experience, one i wont forget. Basically the nazi's held people here as prisoners. none were executed but instead perished at their own demise and misfortune (disease, lack of food etc) The monastry was a little more "oktoberfestishhh" with cold beer and the best pork knuckles being served. PP provide morning breakfast on all mornings at camp sit. We left the oktoberfest ground at 6.30pm last night, arrived in london around 10am. Nothing beats Oktoberfest, Munich is the most amazing place on earth and the locals embrace it 110%. An experience i will never forget. PROST!!!! (cheers in german)
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1 - Thursday - Drive to Munich
- Day 2 - Friday - Arrival in Munich
- Day 3 - Saturday - Oktoberfest Opening / Dachau Andechs
- Day 4 - Sunday - Dachau Andechs / Oktoberfest
- Day 5 - Monday - Back to London
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- April 1, 2016
Can you please confirm if this tour starts and ends in London or if it ends in Dachau?
This 5 day coach tour starts and finishes in London.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Janice22nd December 2017
About the countries
Useful things to know before you go
- Pound sterlingEngland
Plugs & Adapters
Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
These are only indications, so please visit your doctor before you travel to be 100% sure.
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Germany. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Start and end in London.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this PP Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 19 March 2018 the full payment of $0 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $0 for Oktoberfest - 6 Day Coach/Camp, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and PP Travel will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for PP Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
Covering a total distance of approx 1,838 km.
- London (England)
- 919 km
- Munich (Germany)
- 919 km
- London (England)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $0 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 6,981 tours in Europe
- covered by 178 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Oktoberfest - 6 Day Coach/Camp via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 28,261 travellers have already met
before they left for their Europe tour
Download TourRadar Meet App
- 17,282 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Europe tours