Across the Kazakh Steppe
- Tour Operator:
- Max group size:
- Age range:
- 14 to 85
- Operated in:
- Tour id:
Pay over time
Pay over time
TourRadar makes your next trip easier to book by letting you pay over time without any interest or extra fees.
Divide your payments
Pay smaller amounts every two weeks until your departure.
No interest or extra fees
You don't pay any interest or extra fees.
For select departures only
Check Dates & Availability to see which departures offer our instalment option.
Ready-to-book adventures, personalized
Make your adventure more you
Enjoy a tour focused solely on your travel group
Access our Travel Experts’ insider knowledge
Travel within your own bubble
- Day 1: Join trip in Almaty
- Day 2: Full day exploring the old capital of Almaty
- Day 3: Morning drive to Altyn Emel National Park, afternoon visit to 'Singing Dune'
- Day 4: Full day exploring the hills and gorges of Altyn Emel National Park
- Day 5: Morning visit to Charyn Canyon, walk along the rim before returning to Almaty and overnight train to Turkestan
- Day 6: Explore the old Silk Road trading post of Turkestan
- Day 7: Catch the day train to Aral Sea, travelling across the vast Kazakh Steppe
- Day 8: Explore the stricken village of Aralsk, a once-busy trading port on the Aral Sea
- Day 9: Travel by train to Baikonur, afternoon exploring Baikonur museum and International Space School
- Day 10: Explore Baikonur Cosmodrome, and sit in a cosmonaut's seat
- Day 11: Drive to Kyzlorda and fly to Kazakhstan's gleaming capital
- Day 12: Full day to explore the modern city of Astana
- Day 13: Morning visit to Alzhir gulag. Free afternoon in Astana.
- Day 14: Trip ends in Astana
- Additional Services
- Additional Services
Where You'll Stay
- Overall RatingExcellent
- AMark· December 23rd, 2019This tour was standout compared to the rival offerings for doing so many aspects of Kazakh history and society - the parks, Aral Sea, Baikonur and Astana/Nur Sultan. I would be looking to re-mould the Aral Sea days to add more things to see if possible... Show moreExplore! commented on this reviewThank you so much for your feedback. I'm glad that you found the trip so enjoyable overall.Trip date: June 2019Review collected by Explore!
- AAngela· December 23rd, 2019This is an amazing trip and as Svetlana said 'It is a country of many different lights' and we saw all those lights. It was wonderfully varied and showed all the major aspects of Kazakhstan. Highly recommend this trip. Shame the ships in the Aral Sea... Show moreExplore! commented on this reviewThanks for the great feedback, we're so pleased to hear you enjoyed your Kazakhstan adventure. Thanks, The Explore TeamTrip date: June 2019Review collected by Explore!
- ADave· December 23rd, 2019The Explore itinerary and the actual itinerary differed quite a bit. Generally the actual itinerary we followed was better and we had less 'free time' than the Explore document listed which was especially an advantage in Astanta- Nur-Sultan which is... Show moreExplore! commented on this reviewThanks for your review and feedback. Hope to travel with you in the future.Trip date: September 2019Review collected by Explore!
- ANigel· May 17th, 2019I would highly recommend this trip to any potential Explore travellers for its interest, variety and welcome. I felt very safe in all parts of Kazaghstan and confident to walk about the towns on my own. The local eople were extremely welcoming and... Show moreExplore! commented on this reviewThanks for the great feedback on your Kazakhstan adventure!Trip date: June 2018Review collected by Explore!
Dates & Availability
Take advantage of our 0% interest instalment plan on selected departures. Learn More
- Get Instant ConfirmationMonday6 Jun, 2022EnglishSunday19 Jun, 2022Multiple Room Types$4,9200% Interest Instalments
- Get Instant ConfirmationMonday26 Sep, 2022EnglishSunday9 Oct, 2022Multiple Room Types$4,9200% Interest Instalments
Frequently Asked Questions
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!
Good to Know
- Plugs & Adapters
- Payment information
- Cancellation Policy
- Discover TourRadar