Start planning your tour
Start in Almaty and end in Astana! With the discovery tour Across the Kazakh Steppe, you have a 14 day tour package taking you through Almaty, Kazakhstan and 8 other destinations in Kazakhstan. Across the Kazakh Steppe includes accommodation in a hotel as well as an expert guide, meals, transport and more.
Day 1: Join trip in Almaty
Start point Kazzhol Hotel, Hotel reception, Balqantau St 213, Astana 010000, Kazakhstan 18:00
- Day 2: Full day exploring the old capital of Almaty
- Day 3: Morning drive to Altyn Emel National Park, afternoon visit to 'Singing Dune'
- Day 4: Full day exploring the hills and gorges of Altyn Emel National Park
- Day 5: Morning visit to Charyn Canyon, walk along the rim before returning to Almaty and overnight train to Turkestan
- Day 6: Explore the old Silk Road trading post of Turkestan
- Day 7: Catch the day train to Aral Sea, travelling across the vast Kazakh Steppe
- Day 8: Explore the stricken village of Aralsk, a once-busy trading port on the Aral Sea
- Day 9: Travel by train to Baikonur, afternoon exploring Baikonur museum and International Space School
- Day 10: Explore Baikonur Cosmodrome, and sit in a cosmonaut's seat
- Day 11: Drive to Kyzlorda and fly to Kazakhstan's gleaming capital
- Day 12: Full day to explore the modern city of Astana
- Day 13: Morning visit to Alzhir gulag. Free afternoon in Astana.
Day 14: Trip ends in Astana
End point Empire G Hotel, Hotel reception, Abay Ave 63, Astana 010000, Kazakhstan 09:00
- Additional Services
- Additional Services
Where You'll Stay
- Overall RatingExcellent
- Most Recent
- Most Popular
- Highest First
- Lowest First
- AMark· December 23, 2019This tour was standout compared to the rival offerings for doing so many aspects of Kazakh history and society - the parks, Aral Sea, Baikonur and Astana/Nur Sultan. I would be looking to re-mould the Aral Sea days to add more things to see if possible... Show moreTrip date: June 2019Review collected by Explore!
- AAngela· December 23, 2019This is an amazing trip and as Svetlana said 'It is a country of many different lights' and we saw all those lights. It was wonderfully varied and showed all the major aspects of Kazakhstan. Highly recommend this trip. Shame the ships in the Aral Sea... Show moreTrip date: June 2019Review collected by Explore!
- ADave· December 23, 2019The Explore itinerary and the actual itinerary differed quite a bit. Generally the actual itinerary we followed was better and we had less 'free time' than the Explore document listed which was especially an advantage in Astanta- Nur-Sultan which is... Show moreTrip date: September 2019Review collected by Explore!
- ANigel· May 17, 2019I would highly recommend this trip to any potential Explore travellers for its interest, variety and welcome. I felt very safe in all parts of Kazaghstan and confident to walk about the towns on my own. The local eople were extremely welcoming and... Show moreTrip date: June 2018Review collected by Explore!
Dates & Availability
Across the Kazakh Steppe
From Almaty to Astana
No credit card fees
Select a departure month
Select The Travel Month
- Get Instant ConfirmationMondaySep 28, 2020SundayOct 11, 2020Multiple Room TypesHold space for 48h$4,420
- Get Instant ConfirmationMondayJun 7, 2021SundayJun 20, 2021Multiple Room TypesHold space for 48h$4,560
- Get Instant ConfirmationMondaySep 27, 2021SundayOct 10, 2021Multiple Room TypesHold space for 48h$4,560
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!
Good to Know
- About the country
- Payment information
- Cancellation Policy
- Discover TourRadar