Cycle the Camino de Santiago
- +8 Destinations
- Northern Spain
- Santiago de Compostela
- Bask in the magnificence of Bishop's Palace
- Wander through charming mountain villages
- Visit the holy shrine of Santiago De Compostela
- Walk the beautiful Camino de Santiago route
- Grab a pilgrim certificate to celebrate your achievement
- Age range
- 14 to 85 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus, Bicycle
- Travel style
- Bicycle, In-depth Cultural, Historical
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
Day 1: Tour starts at Madrid airport. Walking tour of Leon
Start point Madrid Airport, Arrival Terminal 1, Av de la Hispanidad, s/n, 28042 Madrid, Spain 11:30
- Day 2: Cycle across the high plateau to Astorga
- Day 3: Cycle the rolling landscapes of the Bierzo mountains to Molinaseca
- Day 4: Transfer to O'Cebreiro; cycle the rural heart of Galicia to Samos
- Day 5: Cycle to Portomarin via the medieval village of Sarria
- Day 6: Cycle to Arzua; chance to try traditional Galician dish of octopus
- Day 7: Cycle from Arzua into Santiago; free afternoon
Day 8: Tour ends Santiago de Compostela
End point Rosa Rosae, Hotel reception, Via Molino, 1, 31030 S. Bartolomeo, Breda di Piave TV, Italy 09:00
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Rather Poor
- BarbWritten on October 5, 20194.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
It is a moderate challenge. Definitely not flat but not impossible either. Jorge is a fantastic guide -- knowledgeable about the history of the region as well as bicycles and touring -- he made the trip simply fantastic.Review collected by Explore!
- LuzWritten on September 30, 20195.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Great tour, excellent guide!Review collected by Explore!
- SStephenWritten on May 17, 20195.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
The trip leader, Jorge, elevated the trip experience from great to spectacular.Review collected by Explore!
- GGillWebsterWritten on May 11, 20194.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
Did self guided tour on Camino Way from Leon to Santiago in April. Loved all but first morning which was on a very main road. Good mixture of terrain, roads, lanes, woodland paths. Much of it we were able to cycle on the Camino Way route and great... Read more
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!Ask a question
- Explore! Spain and Portugal
- Explore Spain & Portugal
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Tam15th August 2019
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Spain. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Madrid is the starting point and Santiago de Compostela is the endpoint.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- For any tour departing before 14 December 2019 a full payment is necessary. For tours departing after 14 December 2019, a minimum payment of 30% is required to confirm your booking with Explore!. The final payment will be automatically charged to your credit card on the designated due date. The final payment of the remaining balance is required at least 60 days days prior to the departure date of your tour. TourRadar never charges you a booking fee and will charge you in the stated currency.
- Cancellation policy
- TourRadar is an authorised Agent of Explore!. Please familiarise yourself with the Explore! payment, cancellation and refund conditions.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Explore! will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Payment methods
- The following cards are accepted for Explore! tours: Visa, Maestro, Mastercard, American Express or PayPal. TourRadar does NOT charge you an extra fee for using any of these payment methods.
- Madrid (Spain)
- 289 km
- Leon (Spain)
- 43 km
- Astorga (Spain)
- 38 km
- Molinaseca (Spain)
- 47 km
- O Cebreiro (Spain)
- 24 km
- Samos (Spain)
- 8 km
- Sarria (Spain)
- 17 km
- Portomarin (Spain)
- 47 km
- Arzua (Spain)
- 32 km
- Santiago de Compostela (Spain)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $0 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 12,188 tours in Europe
- covered by 523 different operators in Europe
- Use Discounts and Credits*
- Past passenger discounts or credits, early-bird savings, child discounts, and multi-person discounts offered by the tour operator may be applicable when you book with TourRadar. *Discounts and credits are subject to the tour operator terms and conditions.
- 1 Genuine Review
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Cycle the Camino de Santiago