Amazon & Incas
- Our saving
- US $ 1,872
- Meet the essence of Peru
- Visit the heart of Amazon Jungle
- Walk through the lost city of Machu Picchu
- A life changing cultural adventure
- Age range
- 18 to 65 year olds
- Hotel, Lodge
- Max Group Size
- Rather Poor
- MatthewWritten on February 18, 20175.0 - ExcellentAn authentic experience of Peru. Very knowledgeable guides for the Amazon jungle, Machu Picchu, Cuzco and the Sacred Valley. Although this tour isn't one where you are spending big on uncessary luxury comfort, in all of the places I stayed the staff were very friendly; and the rooms were up to my expectations in terms of facilities, cleanliness, and service. This trip is one where you get to know the Peruvian people, cultural heritage, and beautiful landscapes intimately. It would not have been such a great trip without Tucan's excellent choice of guides and itinerary. Muchas gracias.Show detailed ratings
- YZYuvalWritten on September 20, 20165.0 - ExcellentI am now back from an 8-day adventure trip to Peru ('PAI') and what an experience it has been!!! Everything. Absolutely everything Tucan Travel arranged went according to plan. Not only that, but the quality of every aspect of the trip could not have been better. But let me start from the beginning... I don't speak a word of Spanish yet wanted to experience Peru in the safety of a group while enjoying the raw, unfiltered sights that come with hiking in the Peruvian Amazon Jungle, climbing and venturing to locations in higher elevations of the Andes, as well as staying in prime locations in enchanted and picturesque towns like Ollantaytambo, and Cusco. I checked and compared the itineraries of different 7-8 tour companies and found time and again that Tucan Travel topped them all in all aspects of what interested me: Exciting sites + efficient logistics time-wise. In just 8 days the itinerary got us to Lima, Cusco, Porto Maldonado (the Amazon), Ollantaytambo, Aguas Calientes, and on to the most famous of them all - Machu Picchu, Pisco, and more ancient and memorable sites. It would not be such an exciting adventure without the excellent people of Tucan Travel on the ground. I could not imagine better Guides than we had. From Paul who was with us throughout the 8 days from Lima where the group first met, to Victor a local Amazon Jungle resident of several decades who lures Fire Ants out of a tree and a Tarantula out of its borrow, spotted Caymans in the river in the dark or enticed them to come out from a swamp, to Rafael who guided us for the best part of 2 days in Pisco, Ollantaytambo and the Sacred Valley, to Rafael and Pedro at Machu Picchu and other sites. All of them well spoken in English, knew everything about the visited sites, and were also very passionate, personable, attentive and ready to answer a question or provide an advice whether regarding packing for the following day, the best restaurants to eat at when relevant, or where to go shopping etc. Under their guidance, the group quickly developed into a very orderly bunch of guys and gals who showed up on time in the mornings, and on time to be ready for the next leg of a journey. Logistically, there was not even one hitch - tickets for the 3 domestic flights, transfers to airports, bookings at hotels, the included meals where applicable, canoe trips down and up the Madre De Dias river to the Amazonian Lodge and more - everything worked liked a clockwork. It's even more commendable that it all worked so smoothly considering the fact that the group of 16 (max # for these trips) had people dropping and joining it throughout the week as some move on to do the 3-day Inca Trail while others join for parts of the 8-day trip. Food safety, food quantity and quality again, were far beyond what I had expected - Breakfasts (all included) were rich and plentiful which is critical for 'Adventure' travel because you spend so much in calories due to the hiking and higher elevations. Lunches and Dinners which are also included in the Amazonia Lodge were likewise excellent. Finally, I should mention where it all started for me - the Website and the open, detailed and prompt communication that Tucan Travel agents provide you with. In my case, I wanted to climb Wayna Picchu (the mountain overlooking M-P) which is not on the itinerary, however Tucan Travel came through for me big time and arranged tickets for an earlier train to get me there in time. I could not be happier with my choice to go with Tucan Travel and I think more people need to know about this great Travel company. All that means I know which company I will travel with next. The only question now is where to :) A Video of my trip will be posted on YouTube by the end of Sep-2016 in case you want more info + a Video of my climb to Wayna Picchu.Show detailed ratings
- JWJaniceWritten on February 3, 20154.5 - ExcellentGreat tour! Well organized with lots of activities planned, as well as free time to explore on your own.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Arrive Lima
- Day 2-3: Amazon Jungle
- Day 4: Cusco
- Day 5: Sacred Valley of the Incas
- Day 6: Machu Picchu
- Day 7: Lima
- Day 8: Depart Lima
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Main Page Video
- The Amazon Jungle from Peru
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- November 1, 2016
Do you have tours for Peru, Macchu Picchu, Amazon that is for families with a 7 year old kid?
We do have a tour operator called Trafalgar that has a minimum age requirement of 5 years old and would be an awesome option for travelling with a family.
- September 1, 2016
I am bringing a rucksack with me, just wondering is it possible to bring a small four wheeled case as a cabin bag ? Can I then leave it in lima and pick it back when we come back to lima?
Santa Cruz is the start and end hotel for this trip. You would have to ask the hotel on arrival if they will store this for you as it is a case to case instance.
You can leave the luggage at a locker in Lima airport too if this option is available to you.
Your belongings t can be locked away for your overnight trip to the Amazon and for your trek to Machu Picchu your small bag can be kept at the Tucan office in Cusco.
There will be offered options so you won't need to worry too much.
- February 1, 2016
Where can I find more detailed information about this tour?
A trip note - which contains essential information about your trip will be given to you. Information such as the daily itinerary, where to meet on the first day, what time the trip starts, how to get to the joining point hotel, included activities, visa information, etc will be mentioned in there. Please contact us for this.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Darren, 54 years old1st April 2017
Amazon & Incas
- Upcoming departures
- October 2017
- November 2017
- December 2017
- January 2018
- February 2018
- SaturdayOct 21, 2017from LimaSaturdayOct 28, 2017in LimaOur saving$59PriceUSD $2,3200 spaces left
- SaturdayOct 28, 2017from LimaSaturdayNov 4, 2017in LimaOur saving$407Price$2,379-17%USD $1,9717 spaces left
- SaturdayNov 4, 2017from LimaSaturdayNov 11, 2017in LimaOur saving$59PriceUSD $2,3200 spaces left
- SaturdayNov 11, 2017from LimaSaturdayNov 18, 2017in LimaOur saving$407Price$2,379-17%USD $1,9717 spaces left
- SaturdayNov 18, 2017from LimaSaturdayNov 25, 2017in LimaOur saving$59PriceUSD $2,3200 spaces left
- SaturdayNov 25, 2017from LimaSaturdayDec 2, 2017in LimaOur saving$407Price$2,379-17%USD $1,9717 spaces left
- SaturdayDec 9, 2017from LimaSaturdayDec 16, 2017in LimaOur saving$387Price$2,259-17%USD $1,8727 spaces left
- SaturdayDec 16, 2017from LimaSaturdayDec 23, 2017in LimaOur saving$387Price$2,259-17%USD $1,8727 spaces left
- SaturdayDec 23, 2017from LimaSaturdayDec 30, 2017in LimaOur saving$387Price$2,259-17%USD $1,8727 spaces leftBook Now Hold my
- SaturdayJan 6, 2018from LimaSaturdayJan 13, 2018in LimaOur saving$387Price$2,259-17%USD $1,8727 spaces leftBook Now Hold my
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Recommended for Peru. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Peru. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Recommended for Peru. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Peru. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Recommended for Peru. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Yellow fever
- Recommended for Peru. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Start and end in Lima.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Tucan Travel to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $500 to confirm this Tucan Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 16 December 2017 the full payment of $1,872 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1872 for Amazon & Incas, but the deposit of $500 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Tucan Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Lima (Peru)
- 578 km
- Cuzco (Peru)
- 578 km
- Lima (Peru)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,872 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 2,872 tours in Latin America
- covered by 83 different operators in Latin America
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date.
- 15 travellers have already met
before they left for Amazon & Incas tour
Download TourRadar Meet App
- 3 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Amazon & Incas