Save up to 75% across the globe
ends in 52:35:59
- US $ 3,529
+ $505 Local Payment
24/7 Customer SupportAsk a question
- Visit the sun-kissed islands of Kor?ula and Hvar
- See plentiful waterfalls in Plitvice National Park
- Explore Tiarna, the rebult and now hip captial of Albania
- Wander through the markets in the Old Town of Sarajevo
- Rather Poor
- DCDonWritten on October 21, 20174.0 - GoodThe Balkans -- Croatia, Slovenia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Hungary, Serbia, Kosovo, Macedonia, Albania and Montenegro -- are stunningly beautiful countries, each with its own rich but oftentimes diverse culture. This tour should be a "must do" on everyone's travel list. I thoroughly enjoyed the nearly month-long Balkans Encompassed experience and will highly recommend it to others. Our tour leader was enthusiastic, personable and organized and she handled one or two difficult situations with grace and aplomb. She responded quickly to personal and email requests. Our leader gave us a brief, verbal rundown of each country’s statistics as we arrived, but I would have appreciated more in-depth information and detail along the way. This might have been delivered orally as we traveled, or type-written as handouts given country-by-country, or even distributed daily in digital format via email. What we received in the form of trip notes, plus our leader’s comments, seemed lacking overall. The local specialists were informative, interesting and sometimes even entertaining. I can appreciate the cost of accommodation is a major input cost of tour travel. Most hotels and apartments used were certainly on the “budget side” of quality, but still acceptable. Hotel Sumratin in Dubrovnik, however, was the closest to questionable quality, but perhaps I just drew the unlucky straw and got poor quality rooms both stays there. The private coach drivers did tremendous jobs keeping us safe and on time, sometimes in tricky driving situations, and I enjoyed the diversity that train travel offered. I heard the time spent in Lake Hvar is being considered for reduction. I would discourage that thought. Lake Hvar was a wonderful respite with lots to see and do there. Add a day to the total length of the tour if you want to add an extra day somewhere else, but please leave Lake Hvar at three nights / two days. I appreciated the free time available so I could do my own thing sometimes. I enjoyed all the restaurants at which our tour leader organized group dining, except one. “Mezcal Mexican Restaurant” in Budapest should be dropped from the roster, even though it is proximate to the hotel. Many of us waited 1.5 hours for food; four other tables of people arrived at the restaurant after us but were served before us; one of the four tables mentioned, ate, paid and left the restaurant before we were served! The tour leader, however, was served in reasonable time, while many of us waited and waited. Three people in our group sent food back to the kitchen for additional cooking or because preparation was not done according to their request. Mexican-style food was promoted by the server, even though we were in a cuisine-rich area of Europe. I’m sure you get the drift – axe “Mezcal Mexican Restaurant” so it’s not an annoyance on future tours.) All-in-all, Balkans Encompassed was a very memorable tour experience, one to be treasured forever. Please thank all of those people who worked “in the background” to make the details come together – they did a great job! Where to next? HmmShow detailed ratingsTucan Travel commented on this reviewHi Don, thank you for leaving such in depth feedback. We will pass it on to the Destination Manager for Europe. Meanwhile, we have lots of incredible destinations on offer to help you choose where to go next.
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Arrive Dubrovnik
- Day 2-3: Sarajevo
- Day 4: Mostar
- Day 5-6: Hvar Island
- Day 7: Split
- Day 8: Plitvice
- Day 9: Zagreb
- Day 10-11: Lake Bled
- Day 12-13: Ljubljana
- Day 14-15: Budapest
- Day 16: Novi Sad
- Day 17-18: Belgrade
- Day 19-20: Pristina
- Day 21-22: Skopje
- Day 23-24: Lake Ohrid
- Day 25: Tirana
- Day 26-27: Kotor
- Day 28: Dubrovnik
- Day 29: Depart Dubrovnik
AccommodationRated Average by past passengers
GuideRated Good by past passengers
MealsRated Average by past passengers
TransportRated Good by past passengers
- Main Page Video
- Main Page Video
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Is the single supplement mandatory on this trip?
A single supplement is possible for this tour for an extra cost but is not mandatory. You can still share a room with the same gender traveller if you want to.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Geraldine5th June 2018
NO CREDIT CARD FEES
Select Departure Month
- Upcoming departures
- September 2018
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
STARTENDSEATS LEFT PRICE
- SundaySep 30, 2018from Dubrovnik29 DaysSundayOct 28, 2018to Dubrovnik4 seats leftUSD $3,649+ $505 Local Payment
- SundayApr 28, 2019from Dubrovnik29 DaysSundayMay 26, 2019to Dubrovnik7 seats leftUSD $3,529+ $540 Local Payment
- SundayMay 12, 2019from Dubrovnik29 DaysSundayJun 9, 2019to Dubrovnik7 seats leftUSD $3,599+ $540 Local Payment
- SundayMay 26, 2019from Dubrovnik29 DaysSundayJun 23, 2019to Dubrovnik7 seats leftUSD $3,599+ $540 Local Payment
- SundayJun 9, 2019from Dubrovnik29 DaysSundayJul 7, 2019to Dubrovnik7 seats leftUSD $3,669+ $540 Local Payment
- SundayJun 23, 2019from Dubrovnik29 DaysSundayJul 21, 2019to Dubrovnik7 seats leftUSD $3,669+ $540 Local Payment
- SundayJul 7, 2019from Dubrovnik29 DaysSundayAug 4, 2019to Dubrovnik7 seats leftUSD $3,669+ $540 Local Payment
- SundayJul 21, 2019from Dubrovnik29 DaysSundayAug 18, 2019to Dubrovnik7 seats leftUSD $3,669+ $540 Local Payment
- SundayAug 4, 2019from Dubrovnik29 DaysSundaySep 1, 2019to Dubrovnik7 seats leftUSD $3,669+ $540 Local Payment
- SundayAug 18, 2019from Dubrovnik29 DaysSundaySep 15, 2019to Dubrovnik7 seats leftUSD $3,669+ $540 Local Payment
Show more departures
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Useful things to know before you go
- EuroSlovenia and Montenegro
Plugs & Adapters
Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
These are only indications, so please visit your doctor before you travel to be 100% sure.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Croatia, Slovenia, Hungary, Serbia, Bulgaria, Macedonia, Albania, Montenegro and Bosnia. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Croatia, Slovenia, Hungary and Albania. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Slovenia, Hungary, Serbia, Bulgaria, Macedonia, Albania, Montenegro and Bosnia. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Recommended for Bulgaria and Bosnia. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Recommended for Albania. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Yellow fever
- Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an infected area for Albania. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Start and end in Dubrovnik.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $500 to confirm this Tucan Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 24 November 2018 the full payment of $3,529 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $3529 for Balkans Encompassed, but the deposit of $500 is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Tucan Travel will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Tucan Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
Covering a total distance of approx 2,506 km.
- Dubrovnik (Croatia)
- 86 km
- Korcula Island (Croatia)
- 52 km
- Hvar Island (Croatia)
- 40 km
- Split (Croatia)
- 164 km
- Plitvice Lakes National Park (Croatia)
- 110 km
- Zagreb (Croatia)
- 117 km
- Ljubljana (Slovenia)
- 47 km
- Bled (Slovenia)
- 395 km
- Budapest (Hungary)
- 256 km
- Novi Sad (Serbia)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $3,529 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,853 tours in Europe
- covered by 255 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Balkans Encompassed via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 1 Genuine Review
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Balkans Encompassed