Beyond the Horizon Sale Unlock up to $600 in extra savings
ends on 25 Apr 2018
- Our saving
- US $ 3,282
+ $529 Local Payment
24/7 Customer SupportAsk a question
Have a question? Call us +1 844 311 3006
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
- Visit the sun-kissed islands of Kor?ula and Hvar
- See plentiful waterfalls in Plitvice National Park
- Explore Tiarna, the rebult and now hip captial of Albania
- Wander through the markets in the Old Town of Sarajevo
- Age range
- 18 to 65 year olds
- Hotel, Guesthouse, Apartment
- Max Group Size
- Train & Rail, Boat, Local Transport, Private Vehicle, Ferry
Start and end in Dubrovnik! With the discovery tour Balkans Encompassed, you have a 29 day tour package taking you through Dubrovnik, Croatia and 18 other destinations in Europe. Balkans Encompassed is a small group tour that includes accommodation in a hotel as well as an expert guide, meals, transport and more.
- Rather Poor
- DCDonWritten on October 21, 20174.0 - GoodThe Balkans -- Croatia, Slovenia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Hungary, Serbia, Kosovo, Macedonia, Albania and Montenegro -- are stunningly beautiful countries, each with its own rich but oftentimes diverse culture. This tour should be a "must do" on everyone's travel list. I thoroughly enjoyed the nearly month-long Balkans Encompassed experience and will highly recommend it to others. Our tour leader was enthusiastic, personable and organized and she handled one or two difficult situations with grace and aplomb. She responded quickly to personal and email requests. Our leader gave us a brief, verbal rundown of each country’s statistics as we arrived, but I would have appreciated more in-depth information and detail along the way. This might have been delivered orally as we traveled, or type-written as handouts given country-by-country, or even distributed daily in digital format via email. What we received in the form of trip notes, plus our leader’s comments, seemed lacking overall. The local specialists were informative, interesting and sometimes even entertaining. I can appreciate the cost of accommodation is a major input cost of tour travel. Most hotels and apartments used were certainly on the “budget side” of quality, but still acceptable. Hotel Sumratin in Dubrovnik, however, was the closest to questionable quality, but perhaps I just drew the unlucky straw and got poor quality rooms both stays there. The private coach drivers did tremendous jobs keeping us safe and on time, sometimes in tricky driving situations, and I enjoyed the diversity that train travel offered. I heard the time spent in Lake Hvar is being considered for reduction. I would discourage that thought. Lake Hvar was a wonderful respite with lots to see and do there. Add a day to the total length of the tour if you want to add an extra day somewhere else, but please leave Lake Hvar at three nights / two days. I appreciated the free time available so I could do my own thing sometimes. I enjoyed all the restaurants at which our tour leader organized group dining, except one. “Mezcal Mexican Restaurant” in Budapest should be dropped from the roster, even though it is proximate to the hotel. Many of us waited 1.5 hours for food; four other tables of people arrived at the restaurant after us but were served before us; one of the four tables mentioned, ate, paid and left the restaurant before we were served! The tour leader, however, was served in reasonable time, while many of us waited and waited. Three people in our group sent food back to the kitchen for additional cooking or because preparation was not done according to their request. Mexican-style food was promoted by the server, even though we were in a cuisine-rich area of Europe. I’m sure you get the drift – axe “Mezcal Mexican Restaurant” so it’s not an annoyance on future tours.) All-in-all, Balkans Encompassed was a very memorable tour experience, one to be treasured forever. Please thank all of those people who worked “in the background” to make the details come together – they did a great job! Where to next? HmmShow detailed ratingsTucan Travel commented on this reviewHi Don, thank you for leaving such in depth feedback. We will pass it on to the Destination Manager for Europe. Meanwhile, we have lots of incredible destinations on offer to help you choose where to go next.
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Arrive Dubrovnik
- Day 2-3: Sarajevo
- Day 4: Mostar
- Day 5-6: Hvar Island
- Day 7: Split
- Day 8: Plitvice
- Day 9: Zagreb
- Day 10-11: Lake Bled
- Day 12-13: Ljubljana
- Day 14-15: Budapest
- Day 16: Novi Sad
- Day 17-18: Belgrade
- Day 19-20: Pristina
- Day 21-22: Skopje
- Day 23-24: Lake Ohrid
- Day 25: Tirana
- Day 26-27: Kotor
- Day 28: Dubrovnik
- Day 29: Depart Dubrovnik
AccommodationRated Average by past passengers
GuideRated Good by past passengers
MealsRated Average by past passengers
TransportRated Good by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- December 1, 2016
Is the single supplement mandatory on this trip?
A single supplement is possible for this tour for an extra cost but is not mandatory. You can still share a room with the same gender traveller if you want to.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Lynette13th February 2018
NO CREDIT CARD FEES
Select Departure Month
- Upcoming departures
- April 2018
- May 2018
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
STARTENDSEATS LEFTSAVE NOW PRICE
- SundayApr 29, 2018from Dubrovnik29 DaysSundayMay 27, 2018to DubrovnikOnly 3 seats leftOnly 4 days left toSave $137USD $3,282+ $529 Local Payment
- SundayMay 27, 2018from Dubrovnik29 DaysSundayJun 24, 2018to Dubrovnik7 seats leftOnly 4 days left toSave $140USD $3,349+ $529 Local Payment
- SundayJun 10, 2018from Dubrovnik29 DaysSundayJul 8, 2018to Dubrovnik7 seats leftOnly 4 days left toSave $142USD $3,417+ $529 Local Payment
- SundayJun 24, 2018from Dubrovnik29 DaysSundayJul 22, 2018to Dubrovnik7 seats leftOnly 4 days left toSave $142USD $3,417+ $529 Local Payment
- SundayJul 8, 2018from Dubrovnik29 DaysSundayAug 5, 2018to Dubrovnik7 seats leftOnly 4 days left toSave $142USD $3,417+ $529 Local Payment
- SundayJul 22, 2018from Dubrovnik29 DaysSundayAug 19, 2018to Dubrovnik7 seats leftOnly 4 days left toSave $142USD $3,417+ $529 Local Payment
- SundayAug 5, 2018from Dubrovnik29 DaysSundaySep 2, 2018to Dubrovnik7 seats leftOnly 4 days left toSave $142USD $3,417+ $529 Local Payment
- SundayAug 19, 2018from Dubrovnik29 DaysSundaySep 16, 2018to Dubrovnik7 seats leftOnly 4 days left toSave $142USD $3,417+ $529 Local Payment
- SundaySep 2, 2018from Dubrovnik29 DaysSundaySep 30, 2018to Dubrovnik7 seats leftOnly 4 days left toSave $140USD $3,349+ $566 Local Payment
- SundaySep 16, 2018from Dubrovnik29 DaysSundayOct 14, 2018to Dubrovnik7 seats leftOnly 4 days left toSave $140USD $3,349+ $566 Local Payment
Show more departures
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Useful things to know before you go
- EuroSlovenia and Montenegro
Plugs & Adapters
Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
These are only indications, so please visit your doctor before you travel to be 100% sure.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Croatia, Slovenia, Hungary, Serbia, Bulgaria, Macedonia, Albania, Montenegro and Bosnia. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Croatia, Slovenia, Hungary and Albania. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Slovenia, Hungary, Serbia, Bulgaria, Macedonia, Albania, Montenegro and Bosnia. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Recommended for Bulgaria and Bosnia. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Recommended for Albania. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Yellow fever
- Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an infected area for Albania. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Start and end in Dubrovnik.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Tucan Travel to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $500 to confirm this Tucan Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 21 June 2018 the full payment of $3,282 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $3282 for Balkans Encompassed, but the deposit of $500 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Tucan Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
Covering a total distance of approx 2,506 km.
- Dubrovnik (Croatia)
- 86 km
- Korcula Island (Croatia)
- 52 km
- Hvar Island (Croatia)
- 40 km
- Split (Croatia)
- 164 km
- Plitvice Lakes National Park (Croatia)
- 110 km
- Zagreb (Croatia)
- 117 km
- Ljubljana (Slovenia)
- 47 km
- Bled (Slovenia)
- 395 km
- Budapest (Hungary)
- 256 km
- Novi Sad (Serbia)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $3,282 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 7,672 tours in Europe
- covered by 201 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date.
- 1 Genuine Review
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Balkans Encompassed