Balkans Encompassed (18 destinations)
- Our saving
- US $ 3,282
- Soak up the sun in Hvar Island
- See the differing shades of blue lakes of Plitvice National Park
- Shop in colourful open-air markets in Zagreb
- Visit an emerald green lake in Slovenia
- Age range
- 18 to 65 year olds
- Hotel, Guesthouse, Apartment
- Max Group Size
- Train & Rail, Boat, Local Transport, Private Vehicle, Ferry
- Rather Poor
- LSLornaWritten on October 1, 20173.0 - AverageThe trip overall was really well planned given the distance and number of countries covered. There was a really well thought out mix of cities, towns, coast and national parks to give a good flavour of the region. The walking tours at each place were excellent and enable you to get a good sense of the history and sites to revisit in your spare time. The accomodation was great, diverse and interesting. Transport in general was good, however the use of public buses, in peak hour in Budapest for a group with luggage was not good and very problematic for ordinary commuters also trying to use the bus. In others the walking distance from transport terminals to hotels was quite long and made more difficult by the pace set by the tour guide who did everything at speed. The only really negative aspect for me of this tour was the number of organised group dinners. These tended to be of poor quality and expensive. While I made an early decision I was not going to participate because the nature of the food was not what I was seeking and I preferred to source fresh food at local markets, other in the group felt they were obliged to participate. I would suggest given the nature of the tour that only a welcome and farewell dinner be organised and then people can be more independent in what they choose to do.Show detailed ratingsTucan Travel commented on this reviewHi Lorna, thank you for your in-depth feedback on your Balkans Encompassed Tour. I'm really pleased that overall you enjoyed your trip with us. Our tour leaders always arrange group dinners if clients want them. They are entirely optional to attend but many people, particularly those travelling on their own, enjoy and request them. Group meals are an excellent way to socialise and get to know other members of the group and the tour leader will always try to find restaurants with western and local options on the menu, within an affordable price range. We do hope that this has not put you off future trips with us and we hope to welcome you on another tour soon.
- LucyWritten on December 16, 20135.0 - ExcellentThe thing I loved about this tour is that we were able to see so much in the time we had whilst always feeling pretty relaxed. Starting and finishing in Budapest, we were able to see all the highlights of the Balkan cities as well as some smaller places such as Lake Ohrid or the small Croatian Island of Hvar - both were absolutely incredible. Luckily, we also had a great Tour Leader too! She was really helpful and amenable as well as being really knowledgeable about the culture and history of the places we visited. To be honest our expectations, although quite high as we had already heard good things about Tucan from friends, were blown out of the water!!Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Arrive Budapest
- Day 2: Novi Sad
- Day 3-4: Belgrade
- Day 5-6: Pristina
- Day 7-8: Skopje
- Day 9-10: Lake Ohrid
- Day 11: Tirana
- Day 12-13: Kotor
- Day 14-15: Dubrovnik
- Day 16-17: Sarajevo
- Day 18: Mostar
- Day 19-20: Hvar Island
- Day 21: Split
- Day 22: Plitvice
- Day 23: Zagreb
- Day 24-25: Lake Bled
- Day 26-27: Ljubljana
- Day 28: Budapest
- Day 29: Depart Budapest
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Good by past passengers
MealsRated Bad by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- January 1, 2017
Is the age limit just a recommendation or is it more of a strict rule?
This tour does not have a strict age limit, anyone can join as long as you are up for it.
It's important that you are comfortable walking long distances in the heat.
- May 1, 2016
Where can I find more detailed information about this tour?
A trip note - which contains essential information about your trip will be given to you. Information such as the daily itinerary, where to meet on the first day, what time the trip starts, how to get to the joining point hotel, included activities, visa information, etc will be mentioned in there. Please contact us for this.
- February 18, 2016
How many people are on the tour?
The average group size is between 15 and 24 travellers, although the vehicles comfortably seat up to 34 people on popular departure dates.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Lynne5th September 2017
Balkans Encompassed (18 destinations)
- Upcoming departures
- April 2018
- May 2018
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- SundayApr 15, 2018from Budapest29 DaysSundayMay 13, 2018to Budapest6 seats left$137USD $3,282+ $530 Local Payment
- SundayApr 29, 2018from Budapest29 DaysSundayMay 27, 2018to Budapest0 seats left$137USD $3,282+ $530 Local PaymentSold outSee similar tours on this date
- SundayMay 13, 2018from Budapest29 DaysSundayJun 10, 2018to Budapest7 seats left$140USD $3,349+ $530 Local Payment
- SundayMay 27, 2018from Budapest29 DaysSundayJun 24, 2018to Budapest7 seats left$140USD $3,349+ $530 Local Payment
- SundayJun 10, 2018from Budapest29 DaysSundayJul 8, 2018to Budapest7 seats left$142USD $3,417+ $530 Local Payment
- SundayJun 24, 2018from Budapest29 DaysSundayJul 22, 2018to Budapest7 seats left$142USD $3,417+ $530 Local Payment
- SundayJul 8, 2018from Budapest29 DaysSundayAug 5, 2018to Budapest7 seats left$142USD $3,417+ $530 Local Payment
- SundayJul 22, 2018from Budapest29 DaysSundayAug 19, 2018to Budapest7 seats left$142USD $3,417+ $530 Local Payment
- SundayAug 5, 2018from Budapest29 DaysSundaySep 2, 2018to Budapest7 seats left$142USD $3,417+ $530 Local Payment
- SundayAug 19, 2018from Budapest29 DaysSundaySep 16, 2018to Budapest7 seats left$142USD $3,417+ $530 Local Payment
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- EuroMontenegro and Slovenia
Plugs & Adapters
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Hungary, Serbia, Bulgaria, Macedonia, Albania, Montenegro, Bosnia and Slovenia. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Hungary, Serbia, Bulgaria, Macedonia, Albania, Montenegro, Bosnia, Croatia and Slovenia. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Hungary, Albania, Croatia and Slovenia. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Recommended for Bulgaria and Bosnia. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Recommended for Albania. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Yellow fever
- Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an infected area for Albania. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Start and end in Budapest.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Tucan Travel to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $500 to confirm this Tucan Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 22 May 2018 the full payment of $3,282 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $3282 for Balkans Encompassed (18 destinations), but the deposit of $500 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Tucan Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Budapest (Hungary)
- 256 km
- Novi Sad (Serbia)
- 69 km
- Belgrade (Serbia)
- 330 km
- Sofia (Bulgaria)
- 174 km
- Skopje (Macedonia)
- 110 km
- Ohrid (Macedonia)
- 87 km
- Tirana (Albania)
- 134 km
- Budva (Montenegro)
- 180 km
- Sarajevo (Bosnia)
- 68 km
- Mostar (Bosnia)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $3,282 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 7,417 tours in Europe
- covered by 190 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date.
- 2 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Balkans Encompassed (18 destinations)