- US $ 3,529
- Soak up the sun in Hvar Island
- See the differing shades of blue lakes of Plitvice National Park
- Shop in colourful open-air markets in Zagreb
- Visit an emerald green lake in Slovenia
- Age range
- 18 to 65 year olds
- Hotel, Guesthouse, Apartment
- Max Group Size
- Train & Rail, Boat, Local Transport, Private Vehicle, Ferry
- Travel style
- Rather Poor
- JMJanetWritten on October 1, 20183.0 - AverageNatasha is very British centric and her attitudes are offensive to Australian travellers and probably muslims unless she trims her sails The singles who had paid the single supplement were often housed in "broom cupboards" while in the same locations the couples were housed in self contained apartments. It gets tiring being discriminated againstShow detailed ratingsTucan Travel commented on this reviewHi Janet, we are sorry that you were not happy with Natasha and have passed on your comments to our Europe Operations team who will take your comments on board. We wish you all the best in your future adventures
- AAnonymousWritten on October 1, 20183.0 - AverageNatasha only spoke English, was very British centric and had a very poor view of her non-Bwitish chargesShow detailed ratings
- LSLornaWritten on October 1, 20173.0 - AverageThe trip overall was really well planned given the distance and number of countries covered. There was a really well thought out mix of cities, towns, coast and national parks to give a good flavour of the region. The walking tours at each place were excellent and enable you to get a good sense of the history and sites to revisit in your spare time. The accomodation was great, diverse and interesting. Transport in general was good, however the use of public buses, in peak hour in Budapest for a group with luggage was not good and very problematic for ordinary commuters also trying to use the bus. In others the walking distance from transport terminals to hotels was quite long and made more difficult by the pace set by the tour guide who did everything at speed. The only really negative aspect for me of this tour was the number of organised group dinners. These tended to be of poor quality and expensive. While I made an early decision I was not going to participate because the nature of the food was not what I was seeking and I preferred to source fresh food at local markets, other in the group felt they were obliged to participate. I would suggest given the nature of the tour that only a welcome and farewell dinner be organised and then people can be more independent in what they choose to do.Show detailed ratingsTucan Travel commented on this reviewHi Lorna, thank you for your in-depth feedback on your Balkans Encompassed Tour. I'm really pleased that overall you enjoyed your trip with us. Our tour leaders always arrange group dinners if clients want them. They are entirely optional to attend but many people, particularly those travelling on their own, enjoy and request them. Group meals are an excellent way to socialise and get to know other members of the group and the tour leader will always try to find restaurants with western and local options on the menu, within an affordable price range. We do hope that this has not put you off future trips with us and we hope to welcome you on another tour soon.
- LucyWritten on December 16, 20135.0 - ExcellentThe thing I loved about this tour is that we were able to see so much in the time we had whilst always feeling pretty relaxed. Starting and finishing in Budapest, we were able to see all the highlights of the Balkan cities as well as some smaller places such as Lake Ohrid or the small Croatian Island of Hvar - both were absolutely incredible. Luckily, we also had a great Tour Leader too! She was really helpful and amenable as well as being really knowledgeable about the culture and history of the places we visited. To be honest our expectations, although quite high as we had already heard good things about Tucan from friends, were blown out of the water!!Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Arrive Budapest
- Day 2: Novi Sad
- Day 3-4: Belgrade
- Day 5-6: Pristina
- Day 7-8: Skopje
- Day 9-10: Lake Ohrid
- Day 11: Tirana
- Day 12-13: Kotor
- Day 14-15: Dubrovnik
- Day 16-17: Sarajevo
- Day 18: Mostar
- Day 19-20: Hvar Island
- Day 21: Split
- Day 22: Plitvice
- Day 23: Zagreb
- Day 24-25: Lake Bled
- Day 26-27: Ljubljana
- Day 28: Budapest
- Day 29: Depart Budapest
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Average by past passengers
MealsRated Bad by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Main Page Video
- Main Page Video
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Is the age limit just a recommendation or is it more of a strict rule?
This tour does not have a strict age limit, anyone can join as long as you are up for it.
It's important that you are comfortable walking long distances in the heat.
Where can I find more detailed information about this tour?
A trip note - which contains essential information about your trip will be given to you. Information such as the daily itinerary, where to meet on the first day, what time the trip starts, how to get to the joining point hotel, included activities, visa information, etc will be mentioned in there. Please contact us for this.
How many people are on the tour?
The average group size is between 15 and 24 travellers, although the vehicles comfortably seat up to 34 people on popular departure dates.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Heather, 57 years old23rd September 2018
- Upcoming departures
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- SundayApr 14, 2019from Budapest29 DaysSundayMay 12, 2019to Budapest7 seats leftUSD $3,529+ $527 Local Payment
- SundayApr 28, 2019from Budapest29 DaysSundayMay 26, 2019to Budapest7 seats leftUSD $3,529+ $527 Local Payment
- SundayMay 12, 2019from Budapest29 DaysSundayJun 9, 2019to Budapest7 seats leftUSD $3,599+ $527 Local Payment
- SundayMay 26, 2019from Budapest29 DaysSundayJun 23, 2019to Budapest7 seats leftUSD $3,599+ $527 Local Payment
- SundayJun 9, 2019from Budapest29 DaysSundayJul 7, 2019to Budapest7 seats leftUSD $3,669+ $527 Local Payment
- SundayJun 23, 2019from Budapest29 DaysSundayJul 21, 2019to Budapest7 seats leftUSD $3,669+ $527 Local Payment
- SundayJul 7, 2019from Budapest29 DaysSundayAug 4, 2019to Budapest7 seats leftUSD $3,669+ $527 Local Payment
- SundayJul 21, 2019from Budapest29 DaysSundayAug 18, 2019to Budapest7 seats leftUSD $3,669+ $527 Local Payment
- SundayAug 4, 2019from Budapest29 DaysSundaySep 1, 2019to Budapest7 seats leftUSD $3,669+ $527 Local Payment
- SundayAug 18, 2019from Budapest29 DaysSundaySep 15, 2019to Budapest7 seats leftUSD $3,669+ $527 Local Payment
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- EuroMontenegro and Slovenia
Plugs & Adapters
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Hungary, Serbia, Bulgaria, Macedonia, Albania, Montenegro, Bosnia and Slovenia. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Hungary, Serbia, Bulgaria, Macedonia, Albania, Montenegro, Bosnia, Croatia and Slovenia. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Hungary, Albania, Croatia and Slovenia. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Recommended for Bulgaria and Bosnia. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Recommended for Albania. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Yellow fever
- Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an infected area for Albania. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Start and end in Budapest.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $140 to confirm this Tucan Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 22 December 2018 the full payment of $3,529 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $3529 for Balkans Encompassed, but the deposit of $140 is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Tucan Travel will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Tucan Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Budapest (Hungary)
- 256 km
- Novi Sad (Serbia)
- 69 km
- Belgrade (Serbia)
- 330 km
- Sofia (Bulgaria)
- 174 km
- Skopje (Macedonia)
- 110 km
- Ohrid (Macedonia)
- 87 km
- Tirana (Albania)
- 134 km
- Budva (Montenegro)
- 180 km
- Sarajevo (Bosnia)
- 68 km
- Mostar (Bosnia)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $3,529 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,576 tours in Europe
- covered by 257 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Balkans Encompassed via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 3 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Balkans Encompassed