Start planning your tour
- Walk along protected coastal habitats
- Enjoy time in the ancient Moorish town of Tavira
- Savour the local seafood delicacies with a glass of wine
- Explore traditional fishing communities and sand dunes
- Walk through forest hills, olive groves and citrus orchards
Day 1: Join trip in Tavira
Start point Maria Nova Lounge, Hotel reception, 17, R. António Pinheiro, 8800-439 Tavira, Portugal 18:00
- Day 2: Walk in Ria Formosa National Park on Tavira Island
- Day 3: Walk along the Guadiana river to Odeleite, return by bus and train
- Day 4: Walk to Pego de Inferno waterfall
- Day 5: Free day. Opportunity to relax or walk the Via Algarviana trail.
- Day 6: Walk in the Barrocal hills north of Tavira.
- Day 7: Take a ferry to Culatra Island and walk to Farol
Day 8: Trip ends in Tavira.
End point Maria Nova Lounge, Hotel reception, 17, R. António Pinheiro, 8800-439 Tavira, Portugal 09:00
- Additional Services
- Additional Services
Where You'll Stay
- Overall RatingExcellent
- Most Recent
- Most Popular
- Highest First
- Lowest First
- MMalcolmBiggNovember 27, 2019Bring some good binoculars as there are lots of birds to see.Trip date: November 2019
- ARichardMay 17, 2019It was a very enjoyable holiday, the last day needs to be looked at. Thank you Bert for making the holiday enjoyable.Trip date: October 2018Review collected by Explore!
- AChristopherMay 17, 2019The tour was excellent, well organised and enjoyable. However it has confirmed that I am more interested in bird-watching than walking for its own sake, so I will probably not go on a purely walking trip again.Trip date: October 2018Review collected by Explore!
- APeterMay 17, 2019It was great that this trip operated from a single centre. I personally prefer to stay in one place, without having to pack and unpack during the week.Trip date: December 2018Review collected by Explore!
- AMelanieMay 17, 2019I thoroughly enjoyed my first trip with Explore, from the booking process to farewell, I think we were well looked afterTrip date: March 2018Review collected by Explore!
- AAngelaMay 17, 2019This trip was relaxed and easy a good opportunity to replenish personal resources.Trip date: October 2018Review collected by Explore!
- ANicolaMay 17, 2019Some of the walk information needs updating as it has been alteredTrip date: October 2018Review collected by Explore!
- BMBarbaraApril 18, 2019All around great tripTrip date: March 2019
NO CREDIT CARD FEES
Walking in Portugal - Eastern Algarve
Select Departure Month
- Upcoming departures
- December 2019
- March 2020
- April 2020
- May 2020
- September 2020
- October 2020
- December 2020
STARTENDSEATS LEFT PRICE
- SundayDec 22, 2019from Tavira8 DaysSundayDec 29, 2019to Tavira0 seats leftUSD $1,130Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- SundayMar 8, 2020from Tavira8 DaysSundayMar 15, 2020to Tavira10+ seats leftUSD $990Sharing a twin room
- SundayMar 22, 2020from Tavira8 DaysSundayMar 29, 2020to Tavira10+ seats leftUSD $1,050Sharing a twin room
- SundayApr 12, 2020from Tavira8 DaysSundayApr 19, 2020to Tavira10+ seats leftUSD $1,080Sharing a twin room
- SundayMay 17, 2020from Tavira8 DaysSundayMay 24, 2020to Tavira8 seats leftUSD $1,080Sharing a twin room
- SundaySep 13, 2020from Tavira8 DaysSundaySep 20, 2020to Tavira10+ seats leftUSD $1,080Sharing a twin room
- SundayOct 4, 2020from Tavira8 DaysSundayOct 11, 2020to Tavira10+ seats leftUSD $1,080Sharing a twin room
- SundayOct 18, 2020from Tavira8 DaysSundayOct 25, 2020to Tavira10+ seats leftUSD $1,080Sharing a twin room
- SundayDec 20, 2020from Tavira8 DaysSundayDec 27, 2020to Tavira10+ seats leftUSD $1,130Sharing a twin room
Frequently asked questions
- Do I need a visa for this tour?
- Is travel insurance recommended?
- Is there a guide?
- Are meals included?
- Is transport included?
Good to know
- About the country
- Payment information
- Cancellation Policy
- Discover TourRadar
- Explore Walking Video
- Explore! Spain and Portugal
- Explore Spain & Portugal