Start planning your tour
Places You’ll See
- Kochi (Cochin)
- Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary
- Drift through the backwaters on a traditional houseboat
- Delve into culture and spend the night with a local family
- Tantalise your tastebuds with a tasty homecooked curry
- Head for the hills for the cooler tea-producing climate
Start and end in Kochi (Cochin)! With the discovery tour Kerala Backwaters, you have a 9 day tour package taking you through Kochi (Cochin), India and 3 other destinations in India. Kerala Backwaters includes accommodation in a hotel as well as an expert guide, meals, transport and more.
Day 1: Join trip in Kochi (Cochin)
Start point Hotel Casino, Hotel reception, KPK Menon Rd, Willingdon Island, Kochi, Kerala 682003, India 17:00
- Day 2: Explore the fort and Jewish Quarter of Kochi
- Day 3: Drive through spice and tea plantations to Munnar and enjoy free time in the town
- Day 4: Visit tea and spice plantations; drive to Thekkady
- Day 5: Take a walk in Periyar National Park
- Day 6: Take an optional cooking class or village walk
- Day 7: Board a houseboat and float through the backwaters
- Day 8: Free time to explore Kochi
Day 9: Trip ends Kochi (Cochin)
End point Hotel Casino, Hotel reception, KPK Menon Rd, Willingdon Island, Kochi, Kerala 682003, India 09:00
- Additional Services
- Optional Extras
- Additional Services
Where You'll Stay
- Overall RatingExcellent
- Most Recent
- Most Popular
- Highest First
- Lowest First
- CChristineCottamDecember 01, 2019An excellent way to travel and be immersed in the culture of this beautiful part of IndiaTrip date: December 2019
- ACatherineMay 17, 2019Unnfortunately the flights were delayed on the way out due to fog at Abu Dhabi and the connecting flight was missed. The service at Abu Dhabi airport was very disorganised and I was unable to join the tour until the next day (after 2 days traveling with... Show moreTrip date: December 2017Review collected by Explore!
- AEstelleMay 17, 2019It would have been nice to have a bit more free time. We spent a lot of time being as a group. I would have liked a few more opportunities to have some free time to explore some towns by myself but there was little time to do so, expect in Kochi on the... Show moreTrip date: December 2017Review collected by Explore!
- ASusanMay 17, 2019I was one of two members of the group along with the guide stuck behind a tree with a very angry water buffalo on the other side at the Periyar Park. We were fine. Park guides handled the situation extremely well; one of those exceptional/memorable... Show moreTrip date: December 2017Review collected by Explore!
- AMalcolmMay 17, 2019The number of people on the trip - 16 - was just about right for a trip of this type. Everybody seemed to get on very well.Trip date: March 2018Review collected by Explore!
- AClareMay 17, 2019It was Jojan's attention to detail and ability to adapt to what we wanted to do that made this holiday stand outTrip date: November 2018Review collected by Explore!
- AAnneMay 17, 2019Such an interesting area would merit a longer tour (e.g. 14 days)Trip date: January 2018Review collected by Explore!
From Kochi (Cochin) to Kochi (Cochin)
No credit card fees
Select a departure month
Select The Travel Month
- SaturdayFeb 8, 2020SundayFeb 16, 2020Sharing a twin room$940
- SaturdayFeb 15, 2020SundayFeb 23, 2020Sharing a twin room$940
- Get Instant ConfirmationSaturdayOct 24, 2020SundayNov 1, 2020Sharing a twin room$1,030
- Get Instant ConfirmationSaturdayNov 7, 2020SundayNov 15, 2020Sharing a twin room$1,030
- Get Instant ConfirmationSaturdayNov 14, 2020SundayNov 22, 2020Sharing a twin room$1,030
- Get Instant ConfirmationSaturdayNov 21, 2020SundayNov 29, 2020Sharing a twin room$1,030
- Get Instant ConfirmationSundayDec 20, 2020MondayDec 28, 2020Sharing a twin room$1,070
- Get Instant ConfirmationSaturdayJan 16, 2021SundayJan 24, 2021Sharing a twin room$1,020
- Get Instant ConfirmationSaturdayJan 30, 2021SundayFeb 7, 2021Sharing a twin room$1,020
- Get Instant ConfirmationSaturdayFeb 13, 2021SundayFeb 21, 2021Sharing a twin room$1,020
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!
Good to Know
- About the country
- Payment information
- Cancellation Policy
- Discover TourRadar