Brown Bear Weekend
- US $ 760
- Spend a night observing bears from a bear hide
- Keep an eye out for wolves, foxes, elk and owls
- Explore forests and learn about bear habitats
- Experience the pristine natural beauty of Finland
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
Day 1: Join trip at Kajaani Airport; drive to the Wild Brown Bear Centre
Start point Kajaani Airport, Arrivals Hall, Lentokentäntie 7, 87850 Paltaniemi, Finland 18:00
- Day 2: Guided nature walk; exciting evening spent bear watching from hides
- Day 3: Free day with the chance to enjoy a nature trek or go canoeing
Day 4: Drive to Kajaani Airport where the trip ends
End point Kajaani Airport, Departures Hall, Lentokentäntie 7, 87850 Paltaniemi, Finland 11:30
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
- Rather Poor
- BBarbaraWritten on May 17, 20194.3 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
I loved the holiday, saw a bear a few times, the scenery was spectacular, also saw a moose. This was my first experience on my own, and I was well looked after, the environment was relaxed and friendly, and I will be looking to go on holiday again with... Read moreReview collected by Explore!
- LLauraWritten on May 17, 20194.3 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
My group was extremely fortunate in terms of our wildlife sightings and that 100% made this trip very special and memorable. It was clear from Sabrina's reactions to a wolf spotting that she is very passionate about wildlife and can still get excited by... Read moreReview collected by Explore!
- RRebeccaWritten on May 17, 20194.7 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
An absolutely lovely weekend away. Sabrina made a lovely location and activities a truly fabulous experience. The success of the trip is easily 50% down to her. Appreciate that we were fed regularly, snacks and meals. Loved the fact tea and coffee always... Read moreReview collected by Explore!
- WWendyWritten on May 17, 20195.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
The Food and accommodation was great. We knew it would be basic accommodation but it was ideal. I am a fussy eater but there was always something that I liked. The food was cooked wonderfully.Review collected by Explore!
- CChristineWritten on May 17, 20195.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
The information provided by Explore for the trip could have contained more information. For example, what clothing to take was not on the sheet.Review collected by Explore!
- CCatherineWritten on May 17, 20194.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
It was a truly fabulous trip that my daughter (about to study zoology) and I may well repeatReview collected by Explore!
- GGayWritten on May 17, 20194.7 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Finnair problems unavoidable, but the rest of the trip was excellentReview collected by Explore!
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Do I need a visa for this tour?
Visa requirements are always changing so it is best to contact your local embassy or consulate for the most up-to-date information.
Is travel insurance recommended?
Travel insurance is highly recommended. TourRadar has partnered with World Nomads to ensure you are adequately covered whilst travelling. For more information please contact our Travel Experts.
Is there a guide?
A guide will accompany you on the tour.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Thomas4th July 2019
Brown Bear Weekend
- Upcoming departures
- May 2020
- June 2020
- July 2020
- August 2020
- September 2020
- FridayMay 22, 2020from Kajaani4 DaysMondayMay 25, 2020to Kajaani10+ seats leftUSD $760Sharing a twin room
- FridayMay 29, 2020from Kajaani4 DaysMondayJun 1, 2020to Kajaani10+ seats leftUSD $800Sharing a twin room
- FridayJun 19, 2020from Kajaani4 DaysMondayJun 22, 2020to Kajaani10+ seats leftUSD $800Sharing a twin room
- FridayJul 17, 2020from Kajaani4 DaysMondayJul 20, 2020to Kajaani10+ seats leftUSD $800Sharing a twin room
- FridayAug 14, 2020from Kajaani4 DaysMondayAug 17, 2020to Kajaani10+ seats leftUSD $800Sharing a twin room
- FridaySep 4, 2020from Kajaani4 DaysMondaySep 7, 2020to Kajaani10+ seats leftUSD $800Sharing a twin room
- FridaySep 18, 2020from Kajaani4 DaysMondaySep 21, 2020to Kajaani10+ seats leftUSD $800Sharing a twin room
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Finland. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Start and end in Kajaani.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- For any tour departing before 26 January 2020 a full payment is necessary. For tours departing after 26 January 2020, a minimum payment of 30% is required to confirm your booking with Explore!. The final payment will be automatically charged to your credit card on the designated due date. The final payment of the remaining balance is required at least 65 days days prior to the departure date of your tour. TourRadar never charges you a booking fee and will charge you in the stated currency.
- Cancellation policy
- TourRadar is an authorised Agent of Explore!. Please familiarise yourself with the Explore! payment, cancellation and refund conditions.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Explore! will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Payment methods
- The following cards are accepted for Explore! tours: Visa, Maestro, Mastercard, American Express or PayPal. TourRadar does NOT charge you an extra fee for using any of these payment methods.
- Kajaani (Finland)
- 112 km
- Wild Brown Bear Oy (Finland)
- 112 km
- Kajaani (Finland)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $760 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 12,693 tours in Europe
- covered by 533 different operators in Europe
- Use Discounts and Credits*
- Past passenger discounts or credits, early-bird savings, child discounts, and multi-person discounts offered by the tour operator may be applicable when you book with TourRadar. *Discounts and credits are subject to the tour operator terms and conditions.
- 33,256 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Europe tours