- US $ 2,655
24/7 Customer SupportAsk a question
- Ile Sainte Marie
- Relax on Indian Ocean beaches
- Visit local villages and their markets
- Witness the unique wildlife
- Enjoy a traditional homestead lunch
- Age range
- 15 to 70 year olds
- Hotel, Lodge, Cottage
- Max Group Size
- Boat, Mini-coach
- Physical Rating
Start in Antananarivo and end in Ile Sainte Marie! With the in-depth cultural tour Experience Madagascar, you have a 16 day tour package taking you through Antananarivo, Madagascar and 7 other destinations in Madagascar. Experience Madagascar is a small group tour that includes accommodation in a hotel as well as an expert guide, meals, transport.
- Rather Poor
- JHJoanWritten on October 18, 20175.0 - ExcellentMy Intrepid tour of Madagascar was a dream come true. I'm so glad I chose Intrepid. The small size (7) and excellent English speaking guides made the trip outstanding.Show detailed ratings
- PennyWritten on October 2, 20173.5 - GoodExcellent tour guide, nice size group of seven people. We covered a lot of miles including many of the national parks. There were a couple of hotels that were of below average standard.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Antananarivo
- Day 2: Ambositra
- Day 3: Ranomafana National Park
- Day 4: Ranomafana National Park
- Day 5: Isalo National Park
- Day 6: Isalo National Park
- Day 7: Isalo National Park / Zombitse National Park
- Day 8: Fianarantsoa
- Day 9: Fianarantsoa
- Day 10: Antsirabe
- Day 11: Andasibe National Park
- Day 12: Andasibe National Park
- Day 13: Foulpointe
- Day 14: Sainte-Marie
- Day 15: Sainte-Marie
- Day 16: Sainte-Marie
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!Ask a question
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Libby, 53 years old8th February 2017
NO CREDIT CARD FEES
- Upcoming departures
- November 2017
- March 2018
- April 2018
- May 2018
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
STARTEND PRICE SPACE LEFT
- SaturdayNov 4, 2017from AntananarivoSundayNov 19, 2017in Ile Sainte MariePriceUSD $3,0600 spaces left
- SaturdayNov 18, 2017from AntananarivoSundayDec 3, 2017in Ile Sainte MariePriceUSD $3,0300 spaces left
- SaturdayMar 24, 2018from AntananarivoSundayApr 8, 2018in Ile Sainte MariePriceUSD $2,76010+ spaces left
- SaturdayMar 31, 2018from AntananarivoSundayApr 15, 2018in Ile Sainte MariePriceUSD $2,7850 spaces left
- SaturdayApr 14, 2018from AntananarivoSundayApr 29, 2018in Ile Sainte MariePriceUSD $2,65510+ spaces left
- SaturdayApr 21, 2018from AntananarivoSundayMay 6, 2018in Ile Sainte MariePriceUSD $2,65510+ spaces left
- SaturdayApr 28, 2018from AntananarivoSundayMay 13, 2018in Ile Sainte MariePriceUSD $2,76010+ spaces left
- SaturdayMay 5, 2018from AntananarivoSundayMay 20, 2018in Ile Sainte MariePriceUSD $2,76010+ spaces left
- SaturdayMay 12, 2018from AntananarivoSundayMay 27, 2018in Ile Sainte MariePriceUSD $2,76010+ spaces left
- SaturdayMay 19, 2018from AntananarivoSundayJun 3, 2018in Ile Sainte MariePriceUSD $2,76010+ spaces left
Show more departures
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Useful things to know before you go
Plugs & Adapters
Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
These are only indications, so please visit your doctor before you travel to be 100% sure.
- Recommended for Madagascar. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Madagascar. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Recommended for Madagascar. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Madagascar. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Recommended for Madagascar. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Yellow fever
- Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an area with a risk of yellow fever transmission for Madagascar. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Antananarivo is the starting point and Ile Sainte Marie is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Intrepid Travel to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $400 to confirm this Intrepid Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 56 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 18 December 2017 the full payment of $2,655 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 56 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $2655 for Experience Madagascar, but the deposit of $400 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Intrepid Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
Covering a total distance of approx 1,412 km.
- Antananarivo (Madagascar)
- 182 km
- Ambositra (Madagascar)
- 80 km
- Parc National de Ranomafana (Madagascar)
- 263 km
- Parc National de Isalo (Madagascar)
- 219 km
- Fianarantsoa (Madagascar)
- 177 km
- Antsirabe (Madagascar)
- 429 km
- Andasibe (Madagascar)
- 63 km
- Ile Sainte Marie (Madagascar)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $2,655 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 2,014 tours in Africa
- covered by 90 different operators in Africa
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 56 days prior to the departure date.
- 26 travellers have already met
before they left for Experience Madagascar tour
Download TourRadar Meet App
- 2 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Experience Madagascar
Last modified (date)
Joining point description
Joining point instructions
Finish point description
Finish point instructions
Why we love it
Is this trip right for you
Food and dietary requirements
What to take
A couple of rules
Your fellow travellers