Save $869 until Sep 26
ends in 54:39:58
- Our saving
- US $ 2,236
24/7 Customer SupportAsk a question
- Ile Sainte Marie
- Relax on Indian Ocean beaches
- Visit local villages and their markets
- Witness the unique wildlife
- Enjoy a traditional homestead lunch
- Age range
- 15 to 99 year olds
- Hotel, Lodge, Cottage
- Max Group Size
- Boat, Mini-coach
- Physical Rating
- Travel style
- In-depth Cultural, Adventure, Coach / Bus
Start in Antananarivo and end in Ile Sainte Marie! With the in-depth cultural tour Experience Madagascar, you have a 16 day tour package taking you through Antananarivo, Madagascar and 7 other destinations in Madagascar. Experience Madagascar is a small group tour that includes accommodation in a hotel as well as an expert guide, meals, transport.
- Rather Poor
- AAnonymousWritten on August 27, 20183.5 - GoodPatrick was fantastic, as was the driver Ettien. Great tour. The itinerary did NOT express how much time was spent in the bus driving, and did not detail the hikes.Show detailed ratings
- JHJoanWritten on October 18, 20175.0 - ExcellentMy Intrepid tour of Madagascar was a dream come true. I'm so glad I chose Intrepid. The small size (7) and excellent English speaking guides made the trip outstanding.Show detailed ratings
- PennyWritten on October 2, 20173.5 - GoodExcellent tour guide, nice size group of seven people. We covered a lot of miles including many of the national parks. There were a couple of hotels that were of below average standard.Show detailed ratingsIntrepid Travel commented on this reviewHi Penny, thank you so much for sharing your experience in Madagascar with us. We were disappointed to read that you found some of the hotels to be below standard, and we would love an opportunity to more fully understand your experience as feedback from our passengers is essential towards improving all that we do. Please feel free to contact our Customer Relations team who will be happy to further address your concerns: firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks again, and we hope to see you on another trip with us soon! Kind regards, Intrepid
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Antananarivo
- Day 2: Ambositra
- Day 3: Ranomafana National Park
- Day 4: Ranomafana National Park
- Day 5: Isalo National Park
- Day 6: Isalo National Park
- Day 7: Isalo National Park / Zombitse National Park
- Day 8: Fianarantsoa
- Day 9: Fianarantsoa
- Day 10: Antsirabe
- Day 11: Andasibe National Park
- Day 12: Andasibe National Park
- Day 13: Foulpointe
- Day 14: Sainte-Marie
- Day 15: Sainte-Marie
- Day 16: Sainte-Marie
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Main Page Video
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!Ask a question
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Debra2nd June 2018
NO CREDIT CARD FEES
STARTENDSEATS LEFTSAVE NOW PRICE
- SundaySep 30, 2018from Antananarivo16 DaysMondayOct 15, 2018to Ile Sainte Marie0 seats left$124USD $2,981
- SaturdayOct 6, 2018from Antananarivo16 DaysSundayOct 21, 2018to Ile Sainte Marie0 seats left$130USD $3,130
- SaturdayOct 13, 2018from Antananarivo16 DaysSundayOct 28, 2018to Ile Sainte MarieOnly 3 seats left$124USD $2,981
- SaturdayOct 20, 2018from Antananarivo16 DaysSundayNov 4, 2018to Ile Sainte Marie10+ seats left$869$3,105-28%USD $2,236
- SaturdayOct 27, 2018from Antananarivo16 DaysSundayNov 11, 2018to Ile Sainte Marie7 seats left$407$2,990-14%USD $2,583
- SaturdayNov 3, 2018from Antananarivo16 DaysSundayNov 18, 2018to Ile Sainte MarieOnly 3 seats left$415$3,050-14%USD $2,635
- SaturdayNov 10, 2018from Antananarivo16 DaysSundayNov 25, 2018to Ile Sainte Marie0 seats left$122USD $2,923
- SaturdayNov 17, 2018from Antananarivo16 DaysSundayDec 2, 2018to Ile Sainte Marie5 seats left$391$2,875-14%USD $2,484
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Useful things to know before you go
Plugs & Adapters
Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
These are only indications, so please visit your doctor before you travel to be 100% sure.
- Recommended for Madagascar. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Madagascar. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Recommended for Madagascar. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Madagascar. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Recommended for Madagascar. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Yellow fever
- Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an area with a risk of yellow fever transmission for Madagascar. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Antananarivo is the starting point and Ile Sainte Marie is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Intrepid Travel to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $400 to confirm this Intrepid Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 24 November 2018 the full payment of $2,236 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $2236 for Experience Madagascar, but the deposit of $400 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Intrepid Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
Covering a total distance of approx 1,412 km.
- Antananarivo (Madagascar)
- 183 km
- Ambositra (Madagascar)
- 79 km
- Parc National de Ranomafana (Madagascar)
- 263 km
- Parc National de Isalo (Madagascar)
- 219 km
- Fianarantsoa (Madagascar)
- 177 km
- Antsirabe (Madagascar)
- 429 km
- Andasibe (Madagascar)
- 63 km
- Ile Sainte Marie (Madagascar)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $2,236 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 2,530 tours in Africa
- covered by 140 different operators in Africa
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date.
- 2 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Experience Madagascar
Last modified (date)
Joining point description
Joining point instructions
Finish point description
Finish point instructions
Why we love it
Is this trip right for you
Food and dietary requirements
What to take
A couple of rules
Your fellow travellers