Ultimate Balkan (departing Athens)
- Our saving
- US $ 1,347
- Scale the Old Town walls of Dubrovnik.
- Watch the sunset from St. John’s Fortress, Kotor.
- Soak up Belgrade’s quirky party atmosphere.
- Explore Ohrid’s picturesque alleyways.
- Be immersed in the unique culture of Sarajevo.
- Age range
- 18 to 99 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Travel style
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Athens to Delphi to Thessaloniki
- Thessaloniki to Ohrid
- Ohrid to Skopje
- Skopje to Nis to Belgrade
- Belgrade to Sarajevo
- Sarajevo to Mostar to Split
- Split to Dubrovnik to Kotor
- Kotor to Budva to Kotor
- Kotor to Tirana
- Tirana to Gjirokastra to Kalambaka (Meteora)
- Kalambaka (Meteora) to Thermopylae to Athens
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Rather Poor
- LLucasGrozdanovskiWritten on October 1, 20194.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
The tour was absolutely amazing - especially from Athens to Split - this is where I had Gaby as a guide. Gaby was absolutely fantastic. She was extremely professional and organised, though super friendly and made you feel very welcome and a part of the... Read more
- JohnWritten on September 14, 20195.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Great tour, great guide, great driver, great time!!Review collected by Busabout
- SSeleaHewtonWritten on September 12, 20195.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
I had a fantastic time on this tour! We got to see so much in 2 weeks and really got a chance to fully experience the Balkans for the beautiful area it is. Gaby was so knowledgeable which was great when learning about places that not everyone is as familiar... Read more
- NNedHeathcoteWritten on September 7, 20195.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
The tour was amazing. Gaby was an amazing guide definitely made my you so much better could recommend it and herself as a guide enough.
- DDennyWritten on September 7, 20195.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Gabby was an amazing leader. Had a day to day plan set up everyday and always made recommendations for free time and was always prepared to help in anyway she can
- LetitiaWritten on September 2, 20194.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Awesome experience! Thanks to both my trip leaders! Gigi & Sammy
- DavidWritten on September 1, 20194.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
We had a blast on our first Busabout tour! We got to meet some interesting new people and the walking tour guides were fantastic! Special thanks to Gaby and Alin for making the tour great!
- HHannahWritten on August 18, 20194.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Gigi was the most INCREDIBLE guide ive ever had! Not only does she know her history, but she is one of the best friends I’ve ever made. After only 2 weeks, I felt like I’ve known her forever, she is so welcoming and so friendly. Gigi made the trip a tour to... Read more
- CClaireDevonportWritten on August 10, 20194.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Gigi was amazing!! Full of energy and enthusiasm for everywhere we went. Nothing was too much to ask of her and she made a huge effort to ensure everyone felt included.
- DPDanielWritten on August 4, 20195.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Chloe was an excellent guide on the Ultimate Balkan tour departing from Athens. She is friendly and knowledgeable (and patient!), and has great passion and enthusiasm for the region. Chloe was able to make helpful recommendations at each stop. Thanks for a... Read more
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
How large are the tour groups?
Busabout is a very popular youth operator who tends to fill buses of up to 28 people. Therefore you should expect to see an average group size of about 16 people.
What is the age range?
Busabout's trips are geared towards young independent backpackers, and generally attract an age range of around 18 - 30. This is just a guide, however, and there are no upper age limits for this tour. As long as you share their spirit of travel you’ll be fine!
Do you arrange airport transfers?
There are no airport transfers included in this tour, therefore you will need to make their own way to the starting point. All Busabout starting points are centrally located and have good public transport links so there should be no trouble getting there!
- Hi, We're Busabout!
- Ultimate Balkan Adventure
Guides who have led this tour
- "William first started his love affair with travel at the age of 11, when his father led him on a trek..."
- "Typical Aussie living in Europe loving life on the road. "
- "Just your typical Aussie gal, helping others enjoy the world. 'If you never travel, you won't move far..."
- "Just your average 25-year-old Aussie gal trying to escape reality. I am forever on the search for the..."
- "I'm always seeking out an adventures and addicted to how intoxicating travelling can be! From the unreal..."
- "Hi, I’m Dem and I’m a Busabout Guide in Europe and Asia. I’m a travel addict and love immersing..."
- "Hey there!!! Just a country boy from outback South Australia who decided the best thing to do with a..."
- "From a small country town of 10k people to a continent home to 740+ million I think I’m now in my true..."
- "Australian, Based in Belfast in the Winter, Guiding throughout Croatia and the wildness that is the Balkan’s..."
- "As Roy Bennett said, you never change your life until you step out of your comfort zone and for me travel..."
- "A Melbourne boy turned global citizen, with a passion for good views, breakfast foods, and life on the..."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Emma3rd March 2019
Ultimate Balkan (departing Athens)
- FridayMay 15, 2020from Athens15 DaysFridayMay 29, 2020to Athens10+ seats left$42USD $1,347Sharing a twin room
- FridayMay 29, 2020from Athens15 DaysFridayJun 12, 2020to Athens10+ seats left$42USD $1,347Sharing a twin room
- FridayJun 12, 2020from Athens15 DaysFridayJun 26, 2020to Athens10+ seats left$42USD $1,347Sharing a twin room
- FridayJun 26, 2020from Athens15 DaysFridayJul 10, 2020to Athens10+ seats left$42USD $1,347Sharing a twin room
- FridayJul 10, 2020from Athens15 DaysFridayJul 24, 2020to Athens10+ seats left$44USD $1,415Sharing a twin room
- FridayJul 24, 2020from Athens15 DaysFridayAug 7, 2020to Athens10+ seats left$44USD $1,415Sharing a twin room
- FridayAug 7, 2020from Athens15 DaysFridayAug 21, 2020to Athens10+ seats left$44USD $1,415Sharing a twin room
- FridayAug 21, 2020from Athens15 DaysFridaySep 4, 2020to Athens10+ seats left$44USD $1,415Sharing a twin room
- FridaySep 4, 2020from Athens15 DaysFridaySep 18, 2020to Athens10+ seats left$42USD $1,347Sharing a twin room
- FridaySep 18, 2020from Athens15 DaysFridayOct 2, 2020to Athens10+ seats left$42USD $1,347Sharing a twin room
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- EuroGreece and Montenegro
Plugs & Adapters
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Greece, Macedonia, Serbia, Bosnia, Montenegro and Albania. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Greece, Macedonia, Serbia, Bosnia, Croatia, Montenegro and Albania. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Recommended for Bosnia. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Croatia and Albania. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Recommended for Albania. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Yellow fever
- Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an infected area for Albania. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Start and end in Athens.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Busabout to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- For any tour departing before 4 December 2019 a full payment is necessary. For tours departing after 4 December 2019, a minimum payment of $100 is required to confirm your booking with Busabout. The final payment will be automatically charged to your credit card on the designated due date. The final payment of the remaining balance is required at least 50 days days prior to the departure date of your tour. TourRadar never charges you a booking fee and will charge you in the stated currency.
- Cancellation policy
- TourRadar is an authorised Agent of Busabout. Please familiarise yourself with the Busabout payment, cancellation and refund conditions.
- Payment methods
- The following cards are accepted for Busabout tours: Visa, Maestro, Mastercard, American Express or PayPal. TourRadar does NOT charge you an extra fee for using any of these payment methods.
- Athens (Greece)
- 121 km
- Delphi (Greece)
- 243 km
- Thessaloniki (Greece)
- 187 km
- Ohrid (Macedonia)
- 110 km
- Skopje (Macedonia)
- 152 km
- Nis (Serbia)
- 203 km
- Belgrade (Serbia)
- 206 km
- Sarajevo (Bosnia)
- 68 km
- Mostar (Bosnia)
- 111 km
- Split (Croatia)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,347 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 12,188 tours in Europe
- covered by 523 different operators in Europe
- Use Discounts and Credits*
- Past passenger discounts or credits, early-bird savings, child discounts, and multi-person discounts offered by the tour operator may be applicable when you book with TourRadar. *Discounts and credits are subject to the tour operator terms and conditions.
- 45 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Ultimate Balkan (departing Athens)