- Our saving
- US $ 383
- Visit Dunkeld's mighty cathedral
- Experience the stunning Callanish Standing Stones
- Explore Eilean Donan Castle
- Pass through mysterious and haunting Glencoe
- Rather Poor
- GerdaWritten on August 18, 20184.0 - GoodI really enjoyed the Hebridean Hopper tour, I would never have been able to see this much on only 5 days. The itinerary was great, we never drove for too long, had enough stops along the way, even though stops at major sights were sometimes way too short as we were always rushing to the next spot. There were a few random coffee breaks when nobody was really in need of one, and the weirdest was having stopped for coffee after 30 mins of driving from the hostel. To compare: we stayed at this random coffee place for 40 minutes and had under 30 minutes to visit Eilean Donan castle. There might be a some kind of agreement between certain establishments and Haggis Adventures to bring the tourists there, but I remember us as a group being upset over such situations. The comfort level of the hostels varied greatly, Heb hostel in Stornoway being the worst with 1 bathroom per floor and a very small kitchen. Not having to queue to the bathroom always felt like winning the lottery. The detour to and overnight stay in Assynt was one of the best things that happened during the tour, as the ferry to Stornoway broke down. Redoing the itinerary to include one stay in Assynt as opposed to 2 stays in not so great Heb Hostel in Stornoway is advisable, since the sceneries there are amazing and the hostel we stayed at one of the best during the whole tour. Rich was an easy going, knowledgeable and entertaining guide. He did however behave differently with different people. He was very friendly and socialized a great deal with some, but didn't really talk to others unless he had to. At first I thought I was just being overly sensitive and imagining things, but then it turned out a few others felt the same way. I have no idea what caused this behavior, but it did make me feel uncomfortable and upset about the unequal treatment. Also, before the trip I inquired about bed linen and towels in the hostels and was told that all will be provided on site. Wanting to minimize the weight of my baggage, I only brought a small towel with me. Turns out, towels had to be rented at the hostels. It was only 1 pound per rental, but had I known that I would have brought my own.Show detailed ratings
- JamieWritten on August 16, 20185.0 - ExcellentWe absolutely loved Gill! She's the best! She organized the best, most beautiful birthday celebration ever. She cared about us. We felt like family by tour's end and we had only been together for five days. We would ask to be on her tour again.Show detailed ratingsHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi there, Thank you for this beautiful comments. We are glad to hear that you had an amazing time and you met great people to be friends with during the 5 days. It is great to see that Gillian made you holidays more memorable. We hope to see you back in Scotland soon. Best, Kim
- CCaitlynWildWritten on August 16, 20185.0 - ExcellentGillian is the absolute best! So knowledgeable, so fun, AMAZING driver— she’s everything you could ever want in a tour guide.Show detailed ratingsHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi there, Thank you for taking the time to review us and for the beautiful comments about Gill. It seems you had a great time during your 5 day tour. Best, Kim
- MichaelWritten on August 6, 20184.0 - GoodDuncan was a fantastic guide. Highly satisfied with this experience, 10/10Show detailed ratingsHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi Michael, Thank you for rating us. It is great to hear you enjoyed the Hebridean Hopper tour and rated your experience 10/10. We hope to see you on another adventure with us in the future. Best, Siiri
- GáborWritten on August 6, 20185.0 - ExcellentIt was amazing! Gill is super cool driver/tourleader.Show detailed ratingsHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi there, Thank you for leaving us a review. It is great to hear you enjoyed the Hebridean Hopper tour with Gill. I will make sure to pass on your feedback! All the best for your future travels. Best, Siiri
- MelindaWritten on August 3, 20184.5 - ExcellentGill is the best tour guide EVER!!Show detailed ratingsHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi there, Thank you for leaving a great review of your Heb Hopper tour with Gill! The outer hebs are a gorgeous part of the country. Best, Annabelle
- JWJudithWritten on July 19, 20184.0 - GoodFirst of all, I am a 46 year old English teacher and not the most obvious guest on such a tour, but still I really enjoyed it a lot!!! We saw lots of different things (blackhouses, a very authentic Whisky distillery, the Butt of Lewis with its stunning cliffs, picturesque Portree and its great pubs with live music, Loch Ness ect. The absolute highlights for me were the hike up to the Man of Storr and the farewell pub quiz at the Lodge in Loch Ness! I also appreciated Duncan´s great knowledge of the Scottish history and legends which he interspersed with the matching songs. The only thing that was a bit uncomfortable for me was the 8 bed room dorm and only 3 showers in the whole youth hostel and the fact that we spent the day on the beach, when it was cold and misty and the day before had been nice and sunny. But then again, I guess it´s not so easy to change the itinerary on the spot. I wish I had been able to go swimming though because we were really lucky with the weather. In general, it was really worth going on this trip, our group was great fun and Duncan was a good guide!!Show detailed ratingsHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi Judith, Thank you so much for your kind review of your tour with Duncan to the Hebrides. I am so glad you were able to experience such a wide sampling of the many amazing places that Scotland has to offer. I hope you can come back again for another adventure with us very soon. Kind Regards, Stephanie
- HhadasnissimWritten on July 15, 20184.0 - GoodI enjoyed the tour very much, however I would like to have more hiking in nature and less site seeing. In addition, the itinerary wasn't very clearShow detailed ratingsHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi Hadasnissim, I am so glad you enjoyed your tour to the Hebrides with us. There is so much to see of the beauty of Scotland that we give our tour guides free reign to make an itinerary which suits each group individually. I hope you are able to return again for another adventure with us in the future. Kind Regards, Steph
- AlexWritten on July 6, 20184.5 - ExcellentI loved seeing that part of Scotland and learning about the history and culture. Gill was a great tour guide.Show detailed ratingsHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi Alex, thank you so much for your great review of your tour with Gill. I hope you are able to come back again for another adventure with us! Cheers, Steph
- NNathanWritten on July 6, 20185.0 - ExcellentThe tour was amazing, the guide told lots of interesting and funny storiesShow detailed ratingsHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi Nathan, Thank you for rating us. It is wonderful to hear you had a great time on the Hebridean Hopper tour. Good to hear the guide kept you entertained! Hope you can travel with us again soon. Best, Siiri
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- DAY 1: EDINBURGH TO STORNOWAY
- DAY 2: LEWIS & HARRIS
- DAY 3: LEWIS & HARRIS TO ISLE OF SKYE
- DAY 4: ISLE OF SKYE TO LOCH NESS
- DAY 5: LOCH NESS TO EDINBURGH
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Optional Extras
- HAGGiS Adventures Testimonials
- Haggis Intro
- HAGGiS Adventures - See Our Scotland
- HAGGiS Adventures - 5 Day Hebridean Hopper
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Why is there an upper age restriction of 39 on the Hebridean Hopper trip ?
The ages that you are seeing are just a suggested age range but as long as you are over 18 years old and willing to join the tour, Haggis Adventures would love to have you!
How do we book accommodation with this trip?
You can book the accommodation upfront or directly at the destination.
How is the food and accommodation arranged on this Haggis Adventures tour?
Haggis Adventures guarantees availability at local hostels, but payment for your accommodation is paid upon arrival. Meals are also not included in the price of the tour, giving you a bit more freedom and flexibility to have your meals when you wish.
Guides who have led this tour
- "I’m a passionate Scot who absolutely loves their country. I love travelling and meeting new people..."
- "In Scotland, no two days are the same and the landscapes I see every day always amaze me and keep me..."
- "Hello! I have been a guide for HAGGiS Adventures for almost 3 years now and I adore absolutely every..."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Vicki10th June 2018
- Upcoming departures
- August 2018
- September 2018
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- WednesdayAug 29, 2018from Edinburgh5 DaysSundaySep 2, 2018to Edinburgh5 seats left$16USD $383
- WednesdaySep 5, 2018from Edinburgh5 DaysSundaySep 9, 2018to Edinburgh0 seats left$16USD $383Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- WednesdaySep 12, 2018from Edinburgh5 DaysSundaySep 16, 2018to Edinburgh10+ seats left$16USD $383
- WednesdaySep 19, 2018from Edinburgh5 DaysSundaySep 23, 2018to Edinburgh10+ seats left$16USD $383
- WednesdaySep 26, 2018from Edinburgh5 DaysSundaySep 30, 2018to Edinburgh9 seats left$16USD $383
- WednesdayMay 1, 2019from Edinburgh5 DaysSundayMay 5, 2019to Edinburgh10+ seats left$17USD $412
- WednesdayMay 8, 2019from Edinburgh5 DaysSundayMay 12, 2019to Edinburgh10+ seats left$17USD $412
- WednesdayMay 15, 2019from Edinburgh5 DaysSundayMay 19, 2019to Edinburgh10+ seats left$17USD $412
- WednesdayMay 22, 2019from Edinburgh5 DaysSundayMay 26, 2019to Edinburgh10+ seats left$17USD $412
- WednesdayMay 29, 2019from Edinburgh5 DaysSundayJun 2, 2019to Edinburgh10+ seats left$17USD $412
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- Pound sterlingScotland and England
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Edinburgh.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Haggis Adventures to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $170 to confirm this Haggis Adventures booking. The remaining balance is then payable 50 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 11 October 2018 the full payment of $383 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 50 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $383 for Hebridean Hopper, but the deposit of $170 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Haggis Adventures tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Edinburgh (Scotland)
- 73 km
- Dunkeld (Scotland)
- 65 km
- Cairngorm Mountains (Scotland)
- 53 km
- Clava Cairns (Scotland)
- 4 km
- Culloden (Scotland)
- 5 km
- Inverness (Scotland)
- 57 km
- Corrieshalloch Gorge (Scotland)
- 18 km
- Ullapool (Scotland)
- 80 km
- Stornoway (Scotland)
- 25 km
- Dun Carloway Broch (Scotland)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $383 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,049 tours in Europe
- covered by 256 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 50 days prior to the departure date.
- 44 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Hebridean Hopper