Royal Highland Christmas
- Our saving
- US $ 535
- Unforgettable Christmas in the Scottish Highlands
- Hunt the monster of Loch Ness
- Expplore the eerie Culloden battlefield
- Experience the unpredictable Highland winter weather
- Age range
- 18 to 39 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus
- Rather Poor
- HTHangWritten on January 4, 20173.0 - AverageI like the tour idea however I do not think it is well-organised. We stop a lot on the first day but very short time at each stop. Especially Loch Ness lake...only 15 mins. The 1st dinner said to be a buffet, turned out only 4 choices (carrot, broccoli, butter chicken and pasta). The 2nd day starts from 10 am and ended at 3 pm. We went to a quite pub, have lunch and went to 1 more place, then the tour guide dropped us back to the hotel. The Christmas dinner is good, though. The third day is ok. The thing I dislike the most about the tour is that there is no clear schedule, you will not know where is the next stop, what you will do that day. We travelled as a couple, the main point is to enjoy our time together but I will say, there are a lot more for the tour to improve. Recommended? No...Show detailed ratings
- CKCatherineWritten on January 3, 20174.5 - ExcellentThe 3 day Christmas Tour in the highlands was a wonderful way to have a festive experience whilst being away from home and my family. Our tour guide, Lee, was fantastic; very knowledgeable about Scotland's history and full of interesting stories about Scottish myths and legends. The hotel was beautiful, a really nice treat to stay in such nice rooms. We literally didn't have to lift a finger as most of the meals and snacks were provided. The highlight was definitely the Christmas night Ceilidh! An absolute blast, I had so much fun! The journey back to Edinburgh on Boxing day was entertaining too because it snowed!!! The whole tour was wonderful, my only recommendation to the Haggis Team would be that the day trip on Christmas day include some team games or activities. I understand that it's a public holiday and therefore tourist attractions were closed, but the day felt a bit like we were killing time, then we had hours to wait at the hotel until dinner. I would recommend to include a few games/sports between the busses then perhaps a Christmas movie or two back at the hotel. Thank you to Lee and the Haggis team for a wonderful Christmas!Show detailed ratingsHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi Catherine, Thanks a lot for taking the time to post such a detailed review. I'm so happy to hear you had a wonderful festive experience. It's also great to know that Lee entertained you very well with history, myths and legends. I'll tell him about your comments. Thanks also for your feedback about activities; I'll present your suggestions at our next Operations meeting. Thanks for travelling with us. Kind regards, Serge ceilidh snow
- ABAdamWritten on December 28, 20165.0 - ExcellentAmazing trip. Lee was awesome and knew his history. The coach was comfortable, accommodation was great, food was fine, but the scenery and history was beyond comparison. Would recommend this tour to everyone.Show detailed ratingsHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi Adam, Thanks for the awesome review, we really appreciate it! It's great to hear that you had an amazing time on tour with Lee and thanks for your recommendation. We hope to see you on tour again! Best wishes, Caitlin
- SMStaceyWritten on December 28, 20164.5 - ExcellentHad the best time away on this short trip over Christmas to Inverness ! It was great to meet other travelers in the same situation, all missing being home and want to celebrate it without feeling lonely! Our guide Steve was fantastic he was very knowledable and fun!! Would highly recommend this tour for anyone at all ages !!! Thanks so muchShow detailed ratingsHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi Stacey, Thank you for taking the time to write this lovely review, and for spending Christmas with us! I am thrilled to hear that you had a great time on tour with Steve. All the best, Caitlin
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- DAY 1: EDINBURGH TO INVERNESS
- DAY 2: CHRISTMAS IN THE HIGHLANDS
- DAY 3: INVERNESS TO EDINBURGH
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
- HAGGiS Adventures Testimonials
- Haggis Intro
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- December 1, 2016
What is the age range of most of the passengers of his tour?
Haggis Adventures are the leading youth travel tour operator in Scotland and the majority of our customer are in the 18 to 35 age bracket and their style of travel reflects this. The minimum age on all tours is 18. There is no maximum age. As long as you are reasonably fit and have a good sense of fun, we are sure you will have a fantastic time.
- November 1, 2016
Will there be parking facilities near the bus departure site where we could leave our car while on the tour?
The tour departs from their office on the Royal Mile in the old town of Edinburgh, so any parking facilities you find in the centre of the city will suffice.
- October 30, 2016
What kind of accommodation will we be staying in on this tour and is it included in the price?
This tour stays at Royal Highland Hotel - where Queen Victoria once stayed! The accommodation is included in the tour price.
28,111 travellers met using the Meet App before going on their Europe tour.
Select the departure date of the tour that you're planning on going on and chat with other travellers going on that tour. If you don't find your departure date, add a meet and others travellers will join.
- Departs 24th December 20172 comments"Hello!! "
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Andrew, 27 years old2nd May 2017
Royal Highland Christmas
- SundayDec 24, 2017from EdinburghTuesdayDec 26, 2017in EdinburghOur saving$14PriceUSD $53510+ spaces leftBook Now Hold my
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- Pound sterlingScotland
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Edinburgh.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Haggis Adventures to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $170 to confirm this Haggis Adventures booking. The remaining balance is then payable 50 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 6 December 2017 the full payment of $535 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 50 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $535 for Royal Highland Christmas, but the deposit of $170 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Haggis Adventures tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Edinburgh (Scotland)
- 50 km
- Stirling (Scotland)
- 95 km
- Glencoe (Scotland)
- 76 km
- Loch Ness (Scotland)
- 27 km
- Inverness (Scotland)
- 5 km
- Culloden (Scotland)
- 57 km
- Cairngorm Mountains (Scotland)
- 65 km
- Dunkeld (Scotland)
- 73 km
- Edinburgh (Scotland)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $535 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 6,426 tours in Europe
- covered by 165 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 50 days prior to the departure date.
- 28,111 travellers have already met
before they left for their Europe tour
Download TourRadar Meet App
- 4 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Royal Highland Christmas