Royal Highland Christmas
- Our saving
- US $ 565
- Unforgettable Christmas in the Scottish Highlands
- Hunt the monster of Loch Ness
- Expplore the eerie Culloden battlefield
- Experience the unpredictable Highland winter weather
- Age range
- 18 to 39 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus
- Rather Poor
- JFJacobWritten on December 30, 20174.5 - ExcellentMy wife and I did the Christmas tour with Duncan and Joe. We absolutely loved the tour. Duncan was very interesting with his stories and knowledge of history and we found the tour to be well organised. The locations were beautiful and we really liked the hotel we stayed in. We met the awesome Brenna on tour and she helped us organise and book some Edinburgh activities through Haggis after we finished the tour. Overall, it was a great experience which we would recommend.Show detailed ratingsHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi Jacob, Thank you very much for your fantastic review and for recommending us. I am delighted to hear that you had such a great time on your festive tour and enjoyed Duncan's and Joe's guiding. I am also glad that you appreciated Brenna's help in our shop in Edinburgh. We hope that you will join us on tour again in the future. Best Regards, Natalia
- LTLynWritten on December 29, 20175.0 - ExcellentAbsolutely fantastic tour. Yvonne was amazing. A brilliant tour guide with immense knowledge. Loved every second of the tourShow detailed ratingsHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi Lyn, Thank you for the 5 star rating. It is lovely to hear that you had such a great time on tour and that Yvonne's passion for Scotland really shone through. Best Wishes, Brenna
- NINuranaWritten on December 28, 20175.0 - ExcellentThat was amazing 3-day Christmas tour, almost 15 stops, no rush, we had plenty of time for photos, to enjoy the scenery and explore on our own, amongst my favorites was picturesque Cairngorms. Met lots of nice people! Accomodation and Christmas dinner were above any expectations ... and Ceilidh - once in a lifetime experience and so fun! I want to thank Duncan for his dedication as our tour guide, his love for his country's culture and history is admirable! Bus driver Joe was amazing as well! Many thanks for the wonderful experience, Haggis Adventures!Show detailed ratingsHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi Nurana, Thank you for taking the time to rate us and for your nice comments. It is great to know that you really loved your tour with us. It seems like you enjoyed all the photos stops and the dramatic Scottish Landscape. I am glad to hear that the accommodation and the christmas dinner were above your expectations. We hope you will come back to Scotland soon. Kind regards, Kim
- AlexandraWritten on December 26, 20175.0 - ExcellentThe trip was above and beyond what I expected. Met lots of great people, got to see loads of gorgeous sights and our guide Duncan was super knowledgable as well as funny and our main driver Joe was awesome as well. We linked up with the 5 day tour for the Ceilidh which was one of the most fun things I’ve ever done for Christmas/travelling. It made me feel like I really understood what Scotland’s all about! The other Haggis team members (Rich, Calum, Caitlin etc) were such good fun and really included in their banter. Can’t say enough good things about the whole experience really, just loved it!Show detailed ratingsHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi Alexandra! What an amazing review, thank you! We are delighted to hear that you have had a great time during your Royal Highland Christmas tour with Duncan and Joe. It seems like you have felt the Deep Scottish Love and this makes us happy! We hope that you will be able to join one of our other tours sometime soon! All the best, Charline
- HTHangWritten on January 4, 20173.0 - AverageI like the tour idea however I do not think it is well-organised. We stop a lot on the first day but very short time at each stop. Especially Loch Ness lake...only 15 mins. The 1st dinner said to be a buffet, turned out only 4 choices (carrot, broccoli, butter chicken and pasta). The 2nd day starts from 10 am and ended at 3 pm. We went to a quite pub, have lunch and went to 1 more place, then the tour guide dropped us back to the hotel. The Christmas dinner is good, though. The third day is ok. The thing I dislike the most about the tour is that there is no clear schedule, you will not know where is the next stop, what you will do that day. We travelled as a couple, the main point is to enjoy our time together but I will say, there are a lot more for the tour to improve. Recommended? No...Show detailed ratings
- CKCatherineWritten on January 3, 20174.5 - ExcellentThe 3 day Christmas Tour in the highlands was a wonderful way to have a festive experience whilst being away from home and my family. Our tour guide, Lee, was fantastic; very knowledgeable about Scotland's history and full of interesting stories about Scottish myths and legends. The hotel was beautiful, a really nice treat to stay in such nice rooms. We literally didn't have to lift a finger as most of the meals and snacks were provided. The highlight was definitely the Christmas night Ceilidh! An absolute blast, I had so much fun! The journey back to Edinburgh on Boxing day was entertaining too because it snowed!!! The whole tour was wonderful, my only recommendation to the Haggis Team would be that the day trip on Christmas day include some team games or activities. I understand that it's a public holiday and therefore tourist attractions were closed, but the day felt a bit like we were killing time, then we had hours to wait at the hotel until dinner. I would recommend to include a few games/sports between the busses then perhaps a Christmas movie or two back at the hotel. Thank you to Lee and the Haggis team for a wonderful Christmas!Show detailed ratingsHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi Catherine, Thanks a lot for taking the time to post such a detailed review. I'm so happy to hear you had a wonderful festive experience. It's also great to know that Lee entertained you very well with history, myths and legends. I'll tell him about your comments. Thanks also for your feedback about activities; I'll present your suggestions at our next Operations meeting. Thanks for travelling with us. Kind regards, Serge ceilidh snow
- ABAdamWritten on December 28, 20165.0 - ExcellentAmazing trip. Lee was awesome and knew his history. The coach was comfortable, accommodation was great, food was fine, but the scenery and history was beyond comparison. Would recommend this tour to everyone.Show detailed ratingsHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi Adam, Thanks for the awesome review, we really appreciate it! It's great to hear that you had an amazing time on tour with Lee and thanks for your recommendation. We hope to see you on tour again! Best wishes, Caitlin
- SMStaceyWritten on December 28, 20164.5 - ExcellentHad the best time away on this short trip over Christmas to Inverness ! It was great to meet other travelers in the same situation, all missing being home and want to celebrate it without feeling lonely! Our guide Steve was fantastic he was very knowledable and fun!! Would highly recommend this tour for anyone at all ages !!! Thanks so muchShow detailed ratingsHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi Stacey, Thank you for taking the time to write this lovely review, and for spending Christmas with us! I am thrilled to hear that you had a great time on tour with Steve. All the best, Caitlin
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- DAY 1: EDINBURGH TO INVERNESS
- DAY 2: CHRISTMAS DAY
- DAY 3: INVERNESS TO EDINBURGH
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
- HAGGiS Adventures Testimonials
- Haggis Intro
- HAGGiS Adventures - See Our Scotland
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- December 1, 2016
What is the age range of most of the passengers of his tour?
Haggis Adventures are the leading youth travel tour operator in Scotland and the majority of our customer are in the 18 to 35 age bracket and their style of travel reflects this. The minimum age on all tours is 18. There is no maximum age. As long as you are reasonably fit and have a good sense of fun, we are sure you will have a fantastic time.
- November 1, 2016
Will there be parking facilities near the bus departure site where we could leave our car while on the tour?
The tour departs from their office on the Royal Mile in the old town of Edinburgh, so any parking facilities you find in the centre of the city will suffice.
- October 30, 2016
What kind of accommodation will we be staying in on this tour and is it included in the price?
This tour stays at Royal Highland Hotel - where Queen Victoria once stayed! The accommodation is included in the tour price.
Guides who have led this tour
- "I’m a passionate Scot who absolutely loves their country. I love travelling and meeting new people..."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Jeanette24th January 2018
Royal Highland Christmas
- MondayDec 24, 2018from Edinburgh3 DaysWednesdayDec 26, 2018to Edinburgh10+ seats left$24USD $565Book Now Hold my
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- Pound sterlingScotland
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Edinburgh.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Haggis Adventures to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $170 to confirm this Haggis Adventures booking. The remaining balance is then payable 50 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 11 July 2018 the full payment of $565 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 50 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $565 for Royal Highland Christmas, but the deposit of $170 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Haggis Adventures tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Edinburgh (Scotland)
- 50 km
- Stirling (Scotland)
- 95 km
- Glencoe (Scotland)
- 76 km
- Loch Ness (Scotland)
- 27 km
- Inverness (Scotland)
- 5 km
- Culloden (Scotland)
- 57 km
- Cairngorm Mountains (Scotland)
- 65 km
- Dunkeld (Scotland)
- 73 km
- Edinburgh (Scotland)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $565 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 7,958 tours in Europe
- covered by 208 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 50 days prior to the departure date.
- 8 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Royal Highland Christmas