Melbourne Mini Pack
- Tour Operator:
- Welcome To Travel
- Max group size:
- Age range:
- 18 to 39
- Operated in:
- Tour id:
- Personal Airport Pickup, any time, any day!
- City Walking Tour including Melbourne's laneways and street art scenes
- See Melbourne from 88 floors high with your Eureka Skydeck ticket
- Phone, TFN and Australian Bank Account Set Up
- Onward Work and Travel Help for your entire time in Australia
- Day 1 Arrival & Personalised Airport Pickup
- Day 2 Meet Your Guide, Get Set Up & Explore Melbourne!
- Day 3 Work & Travel Help
- Day 4 Discover More of Melbourne & Party!
- Additional Services
Operated by Welcome To Travel
Welcome To Travel was founded by two people just like you. In 2010, Adam and Darryl left England for sunnier shores and a fter stop-offs in South Africa and South East Asia along the way, they headed to Australia. They picked fruit, drove tractors, slept under the stars, applied sun cream badly, surfed even worse and most of all had a great time doing so! After their own backpacking experience, they went on to help backpackers working for Australia's largest backpacker travel agency. Their passion and knowledge for travel and most of all helping travellers live out their dream has led them to creating Welcome to Travel. Welcome To Travel is all about empowering new travellers, giving you friends for life and memories that last a lifetime. Welcome to Travel now operate the Number 1 ranked tour in Melbourne, Welcome to Melbourne: The 8 Day. This tour has also taken out Best Tour in Victoria twice (2018+2019) at the Adventure Tourism Awards. As of 2020, Welcome to Travel have started to offer East Coast tours in semester breaks. These are perfect for international students and have been extremely popular. Check them out!Read more
- Overall RatingExcellent
- Most Recent
- Most Popular
- Highest First
- Lowest First
- LPLeander· December 2nd, 2018Its pretty great right from the getgo... With pickup from the airport and a drop off right at the hostel. A nice quick walk around Melbourne on your own and meeting others in the hostel. A good sleep to shake off the jetlag and Adam meets you in the... Show moreWelcome To Travel commented on this reviewThanks so much for the review Leander! Great to meet you and great we got you a job day 1! We're looking forward to hearing how everything goesTrip date: November 2018
- JJamieClark· December 2nd, 2018I have just done the 4 day package with the team. All of them are fantastic people, they make everything very simple for you and seem to be endless fountains of knowledge. They will be able to help you with every aspect of your trip to Australia, I... Show moreWelcome To Travel commented on this reviewJamie Clark...Simply a great bloke! I know you're having an awesome time in Australia by the looks of things. You'll have to pop in again next time you're in Melbourne.Trip date: November 2018
- Mark· May 21st, 2018Adam is super friendly and knowledgeable! (Also a bit of a YouTube celebrity ;) It was great seeing Melbourne with his constant entertaining banter. Would definitely recommend Welcome to Travel when you come to Australia!Welcome To Travel commented on this reviewHey Mark! Thanks for the review, we're glad you enjoyed your time with us. Safe travels.Trip date: May 2018
- RRamChoudhury· May 21st, 2018Adam is a legend. Such a friendly man and made my experience really worthwhile. Amazing memories!Welcome To Travel commented on this reviewRam, thank you for this great review! See you next time you're in Australia!Trip date: April 2018
- SSofiaSimmons· May 21st, 2018A really geat experince. The Welcome to Melbourne guys were super helpful, friendly, organised and knowledgable. We met some lovely people... a trip to remember. Would 100% recommend.Trip date: May 2018
- Emma· May 20th, 2018I was recommended Welcome to Travel through my flatmates and I couldn't have wished for any trip better! The guys are so welcoming, friendly and knowledgeable, and made my trip so amazing! Definitely recommend them myself now!Trip date: May 2018
Dates & Availability
Take advantage of our 0% interest instalment plan on selected departures. Learn More
- Wednesday19 Apr, 2023Friday21 Apr, 2023English$271
- Wednesday26 Apr, 2023Friday28 Apr, 2023English$271
- Wednesday3 May, 2023Friday5 May, 2023English$271
- Wednesday10 May, 2023Friday12 May, 2023English$271
- Wednesday17 May, 2023Friday19 May, 2023English$271
- Wednesday24 May, 2023Friday26 May, 2023English$271
- Wednesday31 May, 2023Friday2 Jun, 2023English$271
- Wednesday7 Jun, 2023Friday9 Jun, 2023English$271
- Wednesday14 Jun, 2023Friday16 Jun, 2023English$271
- Wednesday21 Jun, 2023Friday23 Jun, 2023English$271
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I begin to get work in Australia?
We will help you with this, including CV assistance, tips and tricks for interviews and our special Employment Guide which has work contacts for various fields all over Australia. This will all be gone over during your one-on-one time.
- What happens at the end of my 4 days?
Whatever you want! We want you to feel as ready and relaxed about your next steps and that’s why we will go over all of your plans in your one-on-one session. Whether it’s more accommodation in Melbourne, researching farmwork, planning the trip of a lifetime to some of Australia’s top destinations or looking for a bar job, we will have the answers.. You will also get a lifetime membership into our Travel Family, so even if you want more help after the one-on-one session, we will be here for you every step of the way.
- Will the guide collect me from the airport?
We have a personalised Airport Shuttle Service to collect you (make sure to pick the drivers brains about 7/11 and it’s coffee joys). We don’t use buses or taxis, it will just be you and other Welcome To Travellers being picked up by our drivers. Your driver will contact you when you land via WhatsApp, but don’t worry, we will also send you an email with the exact pick up instructions.
- Are there certain days the package can start?
You can fly in any day and we are able to collect you from the airport. We will then arrange your 4 days for you from there. You will get an email laying out your plans customised to you.
- Is my itinerary fixed?
Due to the flexible nature of the 4-day package the order can sometimes differ, but we will always make sure it works for you. Once you’ve booked, we will send over your personalised itinerary so you know exactly what you’re doing.
- Which parts of the trip are guided?
You will get a fully guided city walk complete with facts, great food tips and ideas for the rest of your time in Melbourne. You also have your personal one-on-one session with your guide for work and travel advice.
- Will I be part of a group?
Your guided portions of the 4 day trip can run pretty much every day of the week, so we take this opportunity to keep the numbers low for a more personal experience.
There can be up to 5 people in your walking tour group, or it could be just you and your guide exploring the city on your terms for the day.
- What is the maximum group size on this tour?
The maximum group size on this tour is 24 people per tour.
- Are you able to cater for dietary requirements?
If you have a dietary requirement, this is not a problem! Simply let our customer support team know at the time of booking so Welcome to Travel can do their best to cater for the included meals before you join the tour.
- I am a solo traveller, is there a single supplement?
Travelling solo is not a problem, you can either choose to pay a single supplement fee to ensure you have a private room for the duration of the tour or simply share a room with another fellow traveller of the same gender for no additional cost.
Good to Know
- Australian DollarAustralia
- Plugs & Adapters
As a traveller from USA, Canada, England, South Africa you will need an adaptor for type I.
- Type IAustralia
- These are only indications, so please visit your doctor before you travel to be 100% sure.
- Yellow fever - Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an infected area for Australia. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Japanese B encephalitis - Recommended for Australia. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Unfortunately we cannot offer you a visa application service. Whether you need a visa or not depends on your nationality and where you wish to travel. Assuming your home country does not have a visa agreement with the country you're planning to visit, you will need to apply for a visa in advance of your scheduled departure.
- Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
- Payment information
- For any tour departing before May 29th, 2023 a full payment is necessary. For tours departing after May 29th, 2023, a minimum payment of 20% is required to confirm your booking with Welcome To Travel. The final payment will be automatically charged to your credit card on the designated due date. The final payment of the remaining balance is required at least 60 days prior to the departure date of your tour. TourRadar never charges you a booking fee and will charge you in the stated currency.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Welcome To Travel will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- The following cards are accepted for "Welcome To Travel" tours: Visa, Maestro, Mastercard, American Express or PayPal. TourRadar does NOT charge you an extra fee for using any of these payment methods.
- Cancellation Policy
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar is an authorised Agent of Welcome To Travel. Please familiarise yourself with the Welcome To Travel payment, cancellation and refund conditions.
- AccessibilitySome tours are not suitable for mobility-restricted traveller, however, some operators may be able to accommodate special requests. For any enquiries, you can contact our customer support team, who are ready and waiting to help you.
- People also viewed
Keep Exploring Australia
- Australia Travel Guide | All You Need to Know
- Best 4 Week Australia Itineraries 2023/2024 (with Reviews)
- 10 Best Adventure Tour and Travel Companies
- 10 Best Budget Adventure Tours 2023/2024
- Australia from Melbourne
- Australia Active Adventure
- Small group tour
- 3 days Australia
- Operators in Australia/Oceania
- Yarra Valley
- Melbourne Mini Pack Tours in Australia
- Active Adventure Tours
- East Australia Tours
- Active Adventure Tours
- Group Tours
- Partially Guided Tours
- Explorer Tours
- East Australia
- Yarra Valley
- Australia tours