Highlands and Hogmanay
- Our saving
- US $ 779
- Wander the streets of Edinburgh
- Experience the Hogmanay festival
- Visit Loch Ness
- Spend New Year's Eve in Scotland
- Age range
- 18 to 39 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus
- Rather Poor
- RCReannanWritten on January 29, 20184.5 - ExcellentI went into the trip with no expectations because I have never done a haggis adventure tour before. But it was the best tour I have ever been on. Tops contiki, top deck, intrepid I’ve been on the them all. Gill was the best tour manager, her knowledge of the country and the stories she told was relatable and extremely extensive and exciting. She was down to earth, funny, and truely cared about how our tour was travelling. The highlands were phenomenal, such beautiful landscapes. And we got to plenty of time in each location we stopped. The Hogmanay festival was absolutely wild, truely something to experience when in Scotland. Lots of Harry Potter references in Edinburgh so great for all of the book series buffs.Show detailed ratingsHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi Reannan, Thank you very much for your fantastic review! I am delighted to hear that you had the best tour ever and enjoyed guiding delivered by Gill. Our Hogmanay celebrations are indeed very special! I hope that you'll join us on tour again in the future. Best wishes, Natalia
- BBrittneyWritten on January 6, 20184.5 - ExcellentThis was my first tour with haggis and it was by far one of the best tours I've ever been apart of. Gillian was an engaging and spirited tour guide and made the bus trips quite exciting. The trip was planned out well and Gill kept us informed and took care of us every step of the way. I'm glad I was apart of this trip and in the end, I hope Gill gets a raise. Just because she is just that amazingShow detailed ratingsHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi Brittney, Thank you for the great review. I am delighted to hear that Gillian went out of her way to ensure you had an amazing tour. Best Wishes, Brenna
- KFKit-fuWritten on January 2, 20184.5 - ExcellentWe've been to over 30 countries and Sandy was easily one of the best and most helpful guides out there. Great storyteller and true Scotsman, he went well out of his way to keep us informed and entertained and we thoroughly enjoyed our time. - The 3-day Isle of Skye portion was incredible even in the winter and had very decent hostels (minus food) and driving time - The Edinburgh piece was left open-ended, which might not be the best for those who want to continue an organized tour. Still, you'll have the chance to regroup for the welcome party, walking tour, ceilidh, Hogmanay torch procession/street party/Loony Dook, and the closing party. (Another option is just to do the 3-day Skye tour.) The Edinburgh hostel was top notch. Overall, highly recommended and absolutely will visit Scotland again!Show detailed ratingsHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi Kit-Fu, thank you very much for this great review and constructive feedback. We are delighted that you have enjoyed your tour and that Sandy's passion for his country and his job shone through. We hope to see you on tour again soon and wish you all the best for 2018! regards, Charline
- MMMarkWritten on December 29, 20175.0 - ExcellentSuch an amazing few days. Our guide made the trip so enjoyable and it was organised so well. Can’t wait to book my next tripShow detailed ratingsHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi Mark, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I am delighted to hear that you had a brilliant time on the Highlands and Hogmanay tour and we look forward to welcoming you back on tour sometime soon. Best Wishes, Brenna
- TTTomWritten on November 15, 20175.0 - ExcellentBest tour guide for a laugh! Had a heap of fun on and off the bus 10/10 would let her your guide me againShow detailed ratingsHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi Tom, Thank you for the 5 star rating. I am happy to hear that you had such a fun time on the Hogmanay tour and we hope to see you on another tour sometime soon. Best Wishes, Brenna
- EEmilyWritten on January 4, 20173.5 - GoodThe Haggis 7 day Sky High pre-Hogmanay tour was amazing! We saw a lot of the highlands and were allowed enough free time to explore on our own! Massive highlights were the Hike on day 1, climbing an amazing snowy waterfall and the castles and scenery along the way! Negative- Morags Lodge was great and really well thought out as a hostel however the heater in our room was broken and when we asked for more blankets we were not allowed any more. The same sort of situation at Saucy Mary's- they turned the heating and hot water off at night so the showers and our room were freezing cold when we got back from Hanging out (1am). The service at SM's was also slow and the husband was quite unfriendly towards us! The Hogmanay tour in Edinburgh was great! Specially loved the Ceilidh dancing! If our walking tour was more informative it would have been a little better, more history and facts than showing us the best pub!Show detailed ratingsHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi Emily, Thank you very much for posting this detailed review. I'm really glad you had an amazing tour. Thanks also for your feedback on accommodation and walking tour. I'll mention your comments and suggestions at our next Operations meeting. Kind regards, Serge
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- DAY 1: EDINBURGH TO THE ISLE OF SKYE
- DAY 2: ISLE OF SKYE TO LOCH NESS
- DAY 3: LOCH NESS TO EDINBURGH
- DAY 4: EDINBURGH
- DAY 5: EDINBURGH
- DAY 6: EDINBURGH
- DAY 7: EDINBURGH
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Optional Extras
- HAGGiS Adventures Testimonials
- Haggis Intro
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- September 1, 2016
Is an upgrade of accommodation available on this tour?
This trip is booked on a multi-share dorm style accommodation and the option to upgrade to a single room can be made at the time of booking but this is not guaranteed. Please contact us to arrange this.
- September 1, 2016
How many people are on this tour?
In general this trip can take up to 25 - 30 people.
- September 1, 2016
What type of accommodation does the hostel provide?
All accommodations are subject to change until 4-6 weeks before the departure date. After the booking is made you will be issued your final trip documents with your specific accommodation details 4-6 weeks before departure. Under the "What’s Included" tab on each tour page, you can find general info about the accommodations used on the tour before you book.
Guides who have led this tour
- "I’m a passionate Scot who absolutely loves their country. I love travelling and meeting new people..."
- "Hello! I have been a guide for HAGGiS Adventures for almost 3 years now and I adore absolutely every..."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Kimberely28th January 2018
Highlands and Hogmanay
- ThursdayDec 27, 2018from Edinburgh7 DaysWednesdayJan 2, 2019to Edinburgh10+ seats left$20USD $779Book Now Hold my
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- Pound sterlingScotland
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Edinburgh.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Haggis Adventures to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $170 to confirm this Haggis Adventures booking. The remaining balance is then payable 50 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 10 April 2018 the full payment of $779 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 50 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $779 for Highlands and Hogmanay, but the deposit of $170 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Haggis Adventures tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Edinburgh (Scotland)
- 50 km
- Stirling (Scotland)
- 95 km
- Glencoe (Scotland)
- 14 km
- Ben Nevis (Scotland)
- 57 km
- Loch Duich (Scotland)
- 55 km
- Isle of Skye (Scotland)
- 103 km
- Fort Augustus (Scotland)
- 19 km
- Loch Ness (Scotland)
- 96 km
- Dunkeld (Scotland)
- 73 km
- Edinburgh (Scotland)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $779 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 7,398 tours in Europe
- covered by 181 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 50 days prior to the departure date.
- 28,356 travellers have already met
before they left for their Europe tour
Download TourRadar Meet App
- 6 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Highlands and Hogmanay