Highlands and Hogmanay
- Our saving
- US $ 805
- Wander the streets of Edinburgh
- Experience the Hogmanay festival
- Visit Loch Ness
- Spend New Year's Eve in Scotland
- Rather Poor
- RhiannonWritten on January 29, 20195.0 - Excellent
Gil is an amazing guide with a whole wealth of knowledge about Scotland. The highlands tour is amazing and shows off the best that they have to offer. Hogmanay is an experience everyone needs to have at least once in a lifetime.Show detailed ratingsHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewThanks Rhiannon for this fantastic review of your Hogmanay tour with Gill! It sounds like you had an amazing time and I'm not surprised with Gill entertaining you the whole way! We hope you will visit Scotland again soon :) Thanks - Jemma
- DTDavisWritten on January 21, 20195.0 - Excellent
Had a great time seeing the Scottish Highlands! Kirsty was also super accommodating in looking after us, and passionate about sharing her homeland of Scotland.Show detailed ratingsHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewThank you for your review! We're glad that you had a good time in the Highlands :) Cheers, Paula
- ACAmyWritten on January 5, 20194.0 - Good
This was such a great experience! Especially loved the highlands part of our tour, Kirsty told us some amazing stories and made the trip really come alive. Would highly recommend!Show detailed ratingsHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi Amy, thank you for your review of the Highlands and Hogmanay tour! We're so glad that you could experience the Highlands with our brilliant guide Kirsty. Hopefully it won't be long before you're back for more adventures. Happy 2019! Best, Paula
- RebeccaWritten on January 3, 20194.5 - Excellent
I really enjoyed myself and it was a great tour, but I'm going to list some of the irksome things that I hope will benefit those reading the reviews: It's not a 7 day tour, the 7th day is just the day you check out of the hostel by 10am, so should not be... Read moreShow detailed ratingsHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi Rebecca, thank you so much for your review of our Highlands and Hogmanay tour! We welcome all feedback and take it into consideration for the future. I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed the Skye portion of the tour and could learn about the history of Scotland from Kirsty's perspective. While I'm sorry that you felt disappointed by certain aspects of the tour, I'm happy that you got to have some wonderful and unique experiences to ring in 2019. Hopefully we'll see you again another time! Best, Paula
- TJTaraWritten on March 16, 20184.0 - Good
I didn't have a lot of expectations for this trip but it was amazing! I fell in love with Scotland. Gill made sure we were well looked after all the time. Loved her stories. The accomdation was greatShow detailed ratingsHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewHello Tara, thank you very much for your amazing review. We are very glad to hear that you have enjoyed your tour with Gillian and fell in love with our beautiful country! We hope to see you again soon! best, Charline
- RCReannanWritten on January 29, 20184.5 - Excellent
I went into the trip with no expectations because I have never done a haggis adventure tour before. But it was the best tour I have ever been on. Tops contiki, top deck, intrepid I’ve been on the them all. Gill was the best tour manager, her knowledge... Read moreShow detailed ratingsHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi Reannan, Thank you very much for your fantastic review! I am delighted to hear that you had the best tour ever and enjoyed guiding delivered by Gill. Our Hogmanay celebrations are indeed very special! I hope that you'll join us on tour again in the future. Best wishes, Natalia
- YCYvonneWritten on January 9, 20185.0 - Excellent
Loved my highlands and hogmanay tour. Our tour guide Gill was great fun and being Scottish, knew so much about her country. We started with a 3 day tour of the Highlands. Apart from breath taking scenery, it was also a really good way to get to know people... Read moreShow detailed ratingsHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewHello Yvonne, thank you for your 5 star review and for the pictures! we are really happy to hear that you had fun on your Highlands and Hogmanay tour. The Loony Dook is definitely a one of a kind experience and I am glad you have enjoyed it ! We hope you will return to celebrate 2019 with us! best, Charline
- BBrittneyWritten on January 6, 20184.5 - Excellent
This was my first tour with haggis and it was by far one of the best tours I've ever been apart of. Gillian was an engaging and spirited tour guide and made the bus trips quite exciting. The trip was planned out well and Gill kept us informed and took care... Read moreShow detailed ratingsHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi Brittney, Thank you for the great review. I am delighted to hear that Gillian went out of her way to ensure you had an amazing tour. Best Wishes, Brenna
- KFKit-fuWritten on January 2, 20184.5 - Excellent
We've been to over 30 countries and Sandy was easily one of the best and most helpful guides out there. Great storyteller and true Scotsman, he went well out of his way to keep us informed and entertained and we thoroughly enjoyed our time. - The 3-day... Read moreShow detailed ratingsHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi Kit-Fu, thank you very much for this great review and constructive feedback. We are delighted that you have enjoyed your tour and that Sandy's passion for his country and his job shone through. We hope to see you on tour again soon and wish you all the best for 2018! regards, Charline
- MMMarkWritten on December 29, 20175.0 - Excellent
Such an amazing few days. Our guide made the trip so enjoyable and it was organised so well. Can’t wait to book my next tripShow detailed ratingsHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi Mark, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I am delighted to hear that you had a brilliant time on the Highlands and Hogmanay tour and we look forward to welcoming you back on tour sometime soon. Best Wishes, Brenna
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
DAY 1: EDINBURGH TO THE ISLE OF SKYE
Start point HAGGiS Adventures , Haggis Tours, 60 High St, Edinburgh, Scotland EH1 1SG, United Kingdom 08:15
- DAY 2: ISLE OF SKYE TO LOCH NESS
- DAY 3: LOCH NESS TO EDINBURGH
- DAY 4: EDINBURGH
- DAY 5: EDINBURGH
- DAY 6: EDINBURGH
DAY 7: EDINBURGH
End point City Centre Hostel, Edinburgh, City Of Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom 10:00
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- HAGGiS Adventures Testimonials
- Haggis Intro
- HAGGiS Adventures - See Our Scotland
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Is an upgrade of accommodation available on this tour?
This trip is booked on a multi-share dorm style accommodation and the option to upgrade to a single room can be made at the time of booking but this is not guaranteed. Please contact us to arrange this.
How many people are on this tour?
In general this trip can take up to 25 - 30 people.
What type of accommodation does the hostel provide?
All accommodations are subject to change until 4-6 weeks before the departure date. After the booking is made you will be issued your final trip documents with your specific accommodation details 4-6 weeks before departure. Under the "What’s Included" tab on each tour page, you can find general info about the accommodations used on the tour before you book.
Guides who have led this tour
- "I’m a passionate Scot who absolutely loves their country. I love travelling and meeting new people..."
- "In Scotland, no two days are the same and the landscapes I see every day always amaze me and keep me..."
- "Hello! I have been a guide for HAGGiS Adventures for almost 3 years now and I adore absolutely every..."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Sandra9th January 2018
Highlands and Hogmanay
- FridayDec 27, 2019from Edinburgh7 DaysThursdayJan 2, 2020to Edinburgh10+ seats left$34USD $805Book Now Hold my
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- Pound sterlingScotland
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Edinburgh.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Haggis Adventures to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $170 to confirm this Haggis Adventures booking. The remaining balance is then payable 50 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 8 April 2019 the full payment of $805 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 50 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $805 for Highlands and Hogmanay, but the deposit of $170 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Haggis Adventures tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Edinburgh (Scotland)
- 50 km
- Stirling (Scotland)
- 95 km
- Glencoe (Scotland)
- 14 km
- Ben Nevis (Scotland)
- 7 km
- Fort William (Scotland)
- 52 km
- Loch Duich (Scotland)
- 14 km
- Kyle of Lochalsh (Scotland)
- 28 km
- Sligachan (Scotland)
- 14 km
- Portree (Scotland)
- 14 km
- Isle of Skye (Scotland)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $805 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 10,986 tours in Europe
- covered by 386 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 50 days prior to the departure date.
- 12 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Highlands and Hogmanay