Coast to Coast
- Our saving
- US $ 545
- Explore the neolithic Skara Brae
- Drink whisky in the Scottish Highlands
- Experience Fort Augustus & Loch Ness
- Dance the Highland Fling at a Ceilidh
- Age range
- 18 to 39 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus, Ferry
- Rather Poor
- LLiinaaWritten on September 3, 20174.5 - ExcellentThe trip was absolutely amazing! Home now quite tired but it was worth every second. Our guide, Yvonne, was simply incredible. She gave really interesting historical backgrounds of many of the places we passed by and stopped at, which made the whole experience even more fascinating. The hostels we stayed as well were quite nice; the location, facilities and activities available - some of them felt really cosy. The highlight for me was the Ceilidh which was so much fun!Show detailed ratingsHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi there, Thank you so much for taking the time to rate us and for the nice comments. I am very glad to see you had a great time in Scotland. It looks like you enjoyed your tour with Yvonne and the traditional dance of Scotland. Kind regards, Kim
- TTravellerWritten on August 18, 20165.0 - ExcellentWas really adventurous, learning- a lot about the history of Scotland- was amazing- no faults at all. Scot was awesome!Show detailed ratings
- PEPatriciaWritten on June 3, 20165.0 - ExcellentI did the 7 day tour in May 2016 and was lucky enough to have Mahri as a tour guide and driver. 1 of these is jobs is hard enough to do well and I am happy to say Mahri exceeded expectations and helped keep the energy levels high throughout the tour. My tour had 10 people to begin with only 3 people doing the 7 days. My tour then joined with the 10 day group which worked really well as our numbers grew to 18. The places we visited are amazing and no photo will do them justice. Thank you to Mahri and the Haggis team, I loved my trip and I'll be back!Show detailed ratings
- JNJustinWritten on June 21, 20152.5 - AveragePlease see email below that we sent to haggis adventures for feedback; Hi Haggis Adventures, We (Jessica Killey and Justin Nevill) are writing to you in regards to the Haggis Adventure tour that we just completed yesterday. We where on the 7 Day Island Explorer tour that Joe took for the first 4 days and then Mahri and Sergio took over. We have some feedback about the tour and also the tour leaders and driver: Haggis Adventures 7 Day Island Explorer feedback: We where both under the impression that we would stick with the one group of people the whole time and weren’t aware that we would lose people and join other tours. Personally we don’t think this works because it is a bit confusing and makes it harder to build relationships with people and get to know them. At the start of our tour we only had 14 people on our group and had no idea that we would end with 42 approx. The itinerary itself was very boring for us the first few days and didn't enjoy much of it. We also didn’t like that the “optional activities” weren’t optional because if we didn’t do them, we would have had to stay on the bus doing nothing. From talking to a lot of people on the bus, majority of people said that they thought it would have been nice to do a bit of adventurous or interactive activities such as bike riding, canoeing, big hikes etc. It would have been nice if there where few group lunches or dinners included instead of having to sort it out ourselves. Feedback for Joe: Firstly we just want to say that Joe is a lovely man and we can tell how much he respects his country but he just wasn’t the right tour guide for us and a few other people on the tour. From the get go Joe was so full on and displayed his colourful persoanilty which was fine and interesting but we really struggled with him for the following reasons: 1. He never tried to get to know us or ask our names and seemed like he didn’t really care 2. He never got everyone to introduce themselves at the start of the tour as an ice breaker so people don’t have to introduce themselves to each other. 3. When we asked him a question he would never give us a clear answer. For example, we asked how long until the next destination he replied, “how long is a piece of string”. After asking him a few more times in different ways he finally said it is roughly 1 hour 30 minutes. 4. He would confuse so many people on the bus with his stories, example: he would start telling a story and then ramble on for so long that we didn’t understand where he was going. He would then just keep talking for so long and over load everyone with stores that it was so confusing and hard to remember anything. 5. He said that we could play music on the bus but when someone gave him an iPod he didn’t like it so he switched it of and just played his music the whole time which ended up giving a few of us a head ache and frustrated us. 6. When I asked him if we would be doing any big walks or could do a bike ride he said no its just sight seeing but when we spoke to the Haggis office he then said we could do the bike ride at Loch Ness. 7. When we asked how much the optional activities where he didn’t know the exact price which made it hard to try and budget for the day. Feedback fro Mahri and Sergio: Both Mahri and Sergio where fantastic! They engaged with everyone, where bubbling, smiled and made themselves so approachable. We are so glad that we stayed on the tour because they both made it for us and we appreciate the extra effort they make to please everyone. If you would like to discuss further please feel free to contact us via email though firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com Regards, Jessica and JustinShow detailed ratingsHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi Jess and Justin, Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us with such detailed feedback. We do pride ourselves in delivering fun and interesting cultural tours of Scotland for the youth travel market and are disappointed to hear that we may not have lived up to the expectations that we set for ourselves. In regards to your feedback on the tour itinerary and design itself I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy this. We structure the tours in a particular way to maximise the number of people we can allow to travel around Scotland each week. Operating 3 different 5 day tours which interlink with each other allows us to offer a 5, 7 or 10 day tours to backpackers each week as opposed to limiting them to the option of only a 3 or 5 day tours. We would not have the capacity to operate all of these tour individually. We find that most passengers enjoy the differing styles of guiding when the tours meet up and switch over and enjoy the opportunity to meet more people on their trip. Sometimes if a passenger, such as yourselves, is not enjoying the style of the first guide the change half way through is welcomed. I am sorry to hear that you found the first few days of the tour boring. We certainly do not intend for this to be the case. Perhaps the 5 day Highland Fling tour would have been more suited to you both instead of spending the first couple of days in Orkney. I did speak with Justin by telephone during the early stages of the tour after we were contacted by your travel agent at Tour Radar. I mentioned to Justin that unfortunately we do not include activities such as mountain biking and kayaking on our Island Explorer tour however I hope that the complimentary bike we arranged for you at Morag's Lodge, Loch Ness was enjoyable. We do offer two activity based tours - one along the West highland Way and one along the Great Glen Way http://www.haggisadventures.com/scotland/get-active-trip - which I feel may have been more suited to yourselves. In regards to your specific feedback about Joe, Mahri and Sergio I'd like to thank you for that and I have passed this on to our Operations Manager. We will use your feedback to improve. I hope that you enjoy the rest of your travels wherever they may take you and that, even if your Haggis Adventures tour was not quite what you expected it to be, you still enjoyed your time in Scotland. Kind regards, Kyle
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- DAY 1: EDINBURGH TO LOCH NESS
- DAY 2: LOCH NESS TO ORKNEY
- DAY 3: ORKNEY
- DAY 4: ORKNEY TO LOCH NESS
- DAY 5: FREE DAY AT LOCH NESS
- DAY 6: LOCH NESS TO OBAN
- DAY 7: OBAN TO EDINBURGH
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- HAGGiS Adventures Testimonials
- Haggis Intro
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- November 1, 2016
Is the accommodation included in the tour price?
All accommodations are booked in the best hostels available but not included. You should budget around £24 or avail on the ‘Pre-Pay Bundle' at time of booking.
Add at time of booking:
6 nights accommodation on tour
Whisky Distillery visit
Skara Brae Stone Age Village
Tomb of the Eagles
- November 1, 2016
Can a private room be arranged? I'd like to have a room to myself.
Pre-Pay Private Room Bundles' are limited and subject to availability. The majority of private rooms are of the same standard as the hostel dorms, It may have shared facilities and are accommodated within the same building as the rest of the group.
When a private room is not available, and you'd still want to have one, you may be required to make your own booking as long as your accommodation is located within a short walk away from the main drop off point.
- November 1, 2016
Can a pre or post tour accommodation be arrange?
The tour operator doesn't reserve accommodation before your tour starts or after your tour ends.
If this trip isn't quite what you were looking for, we still have plenty of fantastic tours. Get in contact with us and our customer support team will work on pairing you with the perfect adventure.
Guides who have led this tour
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Darren, 54 years old1st April 2017
Coast to Coast
- Upcoming departures
- May 2018
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- SaturdayMay 5, 2018from EdinburghFridayMay 11, 2018in EdinburghOur saving$14PriceUSD $54510+ spaces left
- SaturdayMay 12, 2018from EdinburghFridayMay 18, 2018in EdinburghOur saving$14PriceUSD $54510+ spaces left
- SaturdayMay 19, 2018from EdinburghFridayMay 25, 2018in EdinburghOur saving$14PriceUSD $54510+ spaces left
- SaturdayMay 26, 2018from EdinburghFridayJun 1, 2018in EdinburghOur saving$14PriceUSD $54510+ spaces left
- SaturdayJun 2, 2018from EdinburghFridayJun 8, 2018in EdinburghOur saving$14PriceUSD $54510+ spaces left
- SaturdayJun 9, 2018from EdinburghFridayJun 15, 2018in EdinburghOur saving$14PriceUSD $54510+ spaces left
- SaturdayJun 16, 2018from EdinburghFridayJun 22, 2018in EdinburghOur saving$14PriceUSD $54510+ spaces left
- SaturdayJun 23, 2018from EdinburghFridayJun 29, 2018in EdinburghOur saving$14PriceUSD $54510+ spaces left
- SaturdayJun 30, 2018from EdinburghFridayJul 6, 2018in EdinburghOur saving$14PriceUSD $54510+ spaces left
- SaturdayJul 7, 2018from EdinburghFridayJul 13, 2018in EdinburghOur saving$14PriceUSD $54510+ spaces left
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- Pound sterlingScotland
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Edinburgh.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Haggis Adventures to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $170 to confirm this Haggis Adventures booking. The remaining balance is then payable 50 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 5 December 2017 the full payment of $545 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 50 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $545 for Coast to Coast, but the deposit of $170 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Haggis Adventures tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Edinburgh (Scotland)
- 49 km
- St Andrews (Scotland)
- 98 km
- Cairngorm Mountains (Scotland)
- 60 km
- Inverness (Scotland)
- 154 km
- Pentland Firth (Scotland)
- 47 km
- Orkney Islands (Scotland)
- 226 km
- Loch Ness (Scotland)
- 19 km
- Fort Augustus (Scotland)
- 103 km
- Isle of Skye (Scotland)
- 104 km
- Fort William (Scotland)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $545 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 6,437 tours in Europe
- covered by 164 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 50 days prior to the departure date.
- 5 travellers have already met
before they left for Coast to Coast tour
Download TourRadar Meet App
- 4 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Coast to Coast