Coast to Coast
- Our saving
- US $ 456
- Explore the neolithic Skara Brae
- Drink whisky in the Scottish Highlands
- Experience Fort Augustus & Loch Ness
- Dance the Highland Fling at a Ceilidh
- Rather Poor
- AAlexMacleanWritten on June 5, 20185.0 - ExcellentThe Orkney islands were an amazing place to visit and the inclusions and extra stops we did while we were up there made the trip. The Hostel in Oban was also really really good and the Celidah was great value.Show detailed ratingsHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi Alex, Thank you for leaving a fantastic review, and taking your time out to write it for your Coast to Coast tour! Orkney is certainly a secret gem full of rich history and gorgeous scenery. Good to hear you enjoyed your ceilidh in Oban. Kind regards, Annabelle
- CMCaitlinWritten on June 3, 20185.0 - ExcellentHad so much fun on my tour! I went into the touring knowing nothing about Scotland and came back with a thousand cool stories and adventures to tell!Show detailed ratingsHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi Caitlin, Thank you for your a fantastic 5 star review! It is great to hear you really loved the tour. Best, Annabelle
- GGGlenWritten on November 30, 20175.0 - ExcellentA trip that I was reluctant to take because of my health. One of the best decisions I’ve made in my life! Scot was the most wonderful guide and your country is the most wonderful I’ve seen(hard for someone from Canada to say as we think our country is second to none). We were there for Andrew and Rayanne’s wedding at Ackergill castle. The trip up and back was outstanding and Scot’s entertaining dialogue was both historically enlightening and colourfu. We felt he was a member of the family by tours end and hope he felt that as well. I felt rejuvenated on my return home as a result and will be eternally grateful. Thank you Haggis.Show detailed ratingsHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi Glen, Thank you very much for taking the time to leave such a lovely review. Scotland is indeed a wonderful country and we are glad that you have enjoyed it! Scot will be very happy to know that his passion shone through! We wish you all the best and hope to see you again on tour. Best regards, Charline
- KOKateWritten on November 30, 20175.0 - ExcellentThis was my 5th tour with Haggis and I was not disappointed. Since my first trip in 2003 on a 3 day Scotland trip to Loch Ness and Skye, I had always wanted to do the trip to Orkney. After being invited to a wedding outside of Glasgow in July 2016, I decided it would be the perfect time to take the plunge. We started the trip in Edinburgh on Sat, July 9th and started with a group that was mostly doing a two day trip to Loch Ness. We were combining with a 10 day tour on Sunday at Ft. Augustus. On our day 2, we had our group of 28 ready to roll. The one thing that always stands out with Haggis more than any other bus tour I've done are the guides. I remember all the ones I've had with such esteem and awe at their abilities, and this time was no different. Scot was a fantastic guide. He was a fantastic DJ (collected many trip songs to download), musician (we were treated to his awesome accordion skills to hear a classic Scottish tune on a hike), Scottish historian (fantastic details, ability to weave it together, and being able to tie the landscape together with the history), story teller (his story telling ability was epic- particularly his Liam Neeson and penguin stories), jokester (even the terrible puns were entertaining), driver on those crazy small roads and quite the dancer. On top of these skills, he just knew how to get the best out of every piece of the trip for everyone on the bus. He took us to such beautiful locations and you really felt like he personally felt connected to all of the landscapes and histories he was sharing. The highlights of the trip are hard to narrow down to just a few. Riding the rib boat on Loch Ness, trivia night at Morag's Lodge, singing Scottish songs on the bus, seeing puffins all over on Orkney, the running of the sheep traffic jam, the epic scenery every time we took a hike off the bus, the Culloden battlefield, hairy coos, trying all the local beers, the Oban ceilidh, racing the Harry Potter train on the bus, eating chaggis (chicken stuffed with haggis), Skara Brae, Orkney ice cream, Tomb of the Eagles, Orkney brewery, having lunch on a stunning beach in Scotland, Glencoe, and just meeting all the different members of our tour bus.Show detailed ratingsHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi Kate, Thank you for the 5 star rating and the great review. I am delighted to hear that you had an incredible experience on the Coast to Coast tour and that Scot's music, stories and sense of humour, as well as all the fun activities, really helped to make this such a memorable tour for you. I hope that you might join us again soon for another fantastic tour. Best Wishes, Brenna
- LLiinaaWritten on September 3, 20174.5 - ExcellentThe trip was absolutely amazing! Home now quite tired but it was worth every second. Our guide, Yvonne, was simply incredible. She gave really interesting historical backgrounds of many of the places we passed by and stopped at, which made the whole experience even more fascinating. The hostels we stayed as well were quite nice; the location, facilities and activities available - some of them felt really cosy. The highlight for me was the Ceilidh which was so much fun!Show detailed ratingsHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi there, Thank you so much for taking the time to rate us and for the nice comments. I am very glad to see you had a great time in Scotland. It looks like you enjoyed your tour with Yvonne and the traditional dance of Scotland. Kind regards, Kim
- TTravellerWritten on August 18, 20165.0 - ExcellentWas really adventurous, learning- a lot about the history of Scotland- was amazing- no faults at all. Scot was awesome!Show detailed ratings
- PEPatriciaWritten on June 3, 20165.0 - ExcellentI did the 7 day tour in May 2016 and was lucky enough to have Mahri as a tour guide and driver. 1 of these is jobs is hard enough to do well and I am happy to say Mahri exceeded expectations and helped keep the energy levels high throughout the tour. My tour had 10 people to begin with only 3 people doing the 7 days. My tour then joined with the 10 day group which worked really well as our numbers grew to 18. The places we visited are amazing and no photo will do them justice. Thank you to Mahri and the Haggis team, I loved my trip and I'll be back!Show detailed ratings
- JNJustinWritten on June 21, 20152.5 - AveragePlease see email below that we sent to haggis adventures for feedback; Hi Haggis Adventures, We (Jessica Killey and Justin Nevill) are writing to you in regards to the Haggis Adventure tour that we just completed yesterday. We where on the 7 Day Island Explorer tour that Joe took for the first 4 days and then Mahri and Sergio took over. We have some feedback about the tour and also the tour leaders and driver: Haggis Adventures 7 Day Island Explorer feedback: We where both under the impression that we would stick with the one group of people the whole time and weren’t aware that we would lose people and join other tours. Personally we don’t think this works because it is a bit confusing and makes it harder to build relationships with people and get to know them. At the start of our tour we only had 14 people on our group and had no idea that we would end with 42 approx. The itinerary itself was very boring for us the first few days and didn't enjoy much of it. We also didn’t like that the “optional activities” weren’t optional because if we didn’t do them, we would have had to stay on the bus doing nothing. From talking to a lot of people on the bus, majority of people said that they thought it would have been nice to do a bit of adventurous or interactive activities such as bike riding, canoeing, big hikes etc. It would have been nice if there where few group lunches or dinners included instead of having to sort it out ourselves. Feedback for Joe: Firstly we just want to say that Joe is a lovely man and we can tell how much he respects his country but he just wasn’t the right tour guide for us and a few other people on the tour. From the get go Joe was so full on and displayed his colourful persoanilty which was fine and interesting but we really struggled with him for the following reasons: 1. He never tried to get to know us or ask our names and seemed like he didn’t really care 2. He never got everyone to introduce themselves at the start of the tour as an ice breaker so people don’t have to introduce themselves to each other. 3. When we asked him a question he would never give us a clear answer. For example, we asked how long until the next destination he replied, “how long is a piece of string”. After asking him a few more times in different ways he finally said it is roughly 1 hour 30 minutes. 4. He would confuse so many people on the bus with his stories, example: he would start telling a story and then ramble on for so long that we didn’t understand where he was going. He would then just keep talking for so long and over load everyone with stores that it was so confusing and hard to remember anything. 5. He said that we could play music on the bus but when someone gave him an iPod he didn’t like it so he switched it of and just played his music the whole time which ended up giving a few of us a head ache and frustrated us. 6. When I asked him if we would be doing any big walks or could do a bike ride he said no its just sight seeing but when we spoke to the Haggis office he then said we could do the bike ride at Loch Ness. 7. When we asked how much the optional activities where he didn’t know the exact price which made it hard to try and budget for the day. Feedback fro Mahri and Sergio: Both Mahri and Sergio where fantastic! They engaged with everyone, where bubbling, smiled and made themselves so approachable. We are so glad that we stayed on the tour because they both made it for us and we appreciate the extra effort they make to please everyone. If you would like to discuss further please feel free to contact us via email though firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com Regards, Jessica and JustinShow detailed ratingsHaggis Adventures commented on this reviewHi Jess and Justin, Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us with such detailed feedback. We do pride ourselves in delivering fun and interesting cultural tours of Scotland for the youth travel market and are disappointed to hear that we may not have lived up to the expectations that we set for ourselves. In regards to your feedback on the tour itinerary and design itself I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy this. We structure the tours in a particular way to maximise the number of people we can allow to travel around Scotland each week. Operating 3 different 5 day tours which interlink with each other allows us to offer a 5, 7 or 10 day tours to backpackers each week as opposed to limiting them to the option of only a 3 or 5 day tours. We would not have the capacity to operate all of these tour individually. We find that most passengers enjoy the differing styles of guiding when the tours meet up and switch over and enjoy the opportunity to meet more people on their trip. Sometimes if a passenger, such as yourselves, is not enjoying the style of the first guide the change half way through is welcomed. I am sorry to hear that you found the first few days of the tour boring. We certainly do not intend for this to be the case. Perhaps the 5 day Highland Fling tour would have been more suited to you both instead of spending the first couple of days in Orkney. I did speak with Justin by telephone during the early stages of the tour after we were contacted by your travel agent at Tour Radar. I mentioned to Justin that unfortunately we do not include activities such as mountain biking and kayaking on our Island Explorer tour however I hope that the complimentary bike we arranged for you at Morag's Lodge, Loch Ness was enjoyable. We do offer two activity based tours - one along the West highland Way and one along the Great Glen Way http://www.haggisadventures.com/scotland/get-active-trip - which I feel may have been more suited to yourselves. In regards to your specific feedback about Joe, Mahri and Sergio I'd like to thank you for that and I have passed this on to our Operations Manager. We will use your feedback to improve. I hope that you enjoy the rest of your travels wherever they may take you and that, even if your Haggis Adventures tour was not quite what you expected it to be, you still enjoyed your time in Scotland. Kind regards, Kyle
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- DAY 1: EDINBURGH TO LOCH NESS
- DAY 2: LOCH NESS TO ORKNEY
- DAY 3: ORKNEY
- DAY 4: ORKNEY TO LOCH NESS
- DAY 5: FREE DAY AT LOCH NESS
- DAY 6: LOCH NESS TO OBAN
- DAY 7: OBAN TO EDINBURGH
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Optional Extras
- HAGGiS Adventures Testimonials
- Haggis Intro
- HAGGiS Adventures - See Our Scotland
- HAGGiS Adventures - 7 Day Coast to Coast
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- November 1, 2016
Is the accommodation included in the tour price?
All accommodations are booked in the best hostels available but not included. You should budget around £24 or avail on the ‘Pre-Pay Bundle' at time of booking.
Add at time of booking:
6 nights accommodation on tour
Whisky Distillery visit
Skara Brae Stone Age Village
Tomb of the Eagles
- November 1, 2016
Can a private room be arranged? I'd like to have a room to myself.
Pre-Pay Private Room Bundles' are limited and subject to availability. The majority of private rooms are of the same standard as the hostel dorms, It may have shared facilities and are accommodated within the same building as the rest of the group.
When a private room is not available, and you'd still want to have one, you may be required to make your own booking as long as your accommodation is located within a short walk away from the main drop off point.
- November 1, 2016
Can a pre or post tour accommodation be arrange?
The tour operator doesn't reserve accommodation before your tour starts or after your tour ends.
If this trip isn't quite what you were looking for, we still have plenty of fantastic tours. Get in contact with us and our customer support team will work on pairing you with the perfect adventure.
Guides who have led this tour
- "I’m a passionate Scot who absolutely loves their country. I love travelling and meeting new people..."
- "I'm a driver and guide who is passionate about the beautiful country I live in, and my core aim is to..."
6 travellers met before going on their Haggis Adventures Coast to Coast tour.
Select the departure date of the tour that you're planning on going on and chat with other travellers going on that tour.
- Departs 23rd June 20181 comment"Hi guys!!! Is anyone doing the coast to coast tour 23rd June??"
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Elvio18th May 2018
Coast to Coast
- Upcoming departures
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- SaturdayJun 30, 2018from Edinburgh7 DaysFridayJul 6, 2018to EdinburghOnly 3 seats left$103$559-18%USD $456
- SaturdayJul 7, 2018from Edinburgh7 DaysFridayJul 13, 2018to EdinburghOnly 1 seat left$103$559-18%USD $456
- SaturdayJul 14, 2018from Edinburgh7 DaysFridayJul 20, 2018to Edinburgh5 seats left$103$559-18%USD $456
- SaturdayJul 21, 2018from Edinburgh7 DaysFridayJul 27, 2018to Edinburgh5 seats left$103$559-18%USD $456
- SaturdayJul 28, 2018from Edinburgh7 DaysFridayAug 3, 2018to Edinburgh8 seats left$103$559-18%USD $456
- SaturdayAug 4, 2018from Edinburgh7 DaysFridayAug 10, 2018to Edinburgh9 seats left$103$559-18%USD $456
- SaturdayAug 11, 2018from Edinburgh7 DaysFridayAug 17, 2018to Edinburgh10+ seats left$103$559-18%USD $456
- SaturdayAug 18, 2018from Edinburgh7 DaysFridayAug 24, 2018to Edinburgh10+ seats left$103$559-18%USD $456
- SaturdayAug 25, 2018from Edinburgh7 DaysFridayAug 31, 2018to Edinburgh10+ seats left$103$559-18%USD $456
- SaturdaySep 1, 2018from Edinburgh7 DaysFridaySep 7, 2018to Edinburgh10+ seats left$103$559-18%USD $456
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- Pound sterlingScotland
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Edinburgh.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Haggis Adventures to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $170 to confirm this Haggis Adventures booking. The remaining balance is then payable 50 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 10 August 2018 the full payment of $456 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 50 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $456 for Coast to Coast, but the deposit of $170 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Haggis Adventures tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Edinburgh (Scotland)
- 49 km
- St Andrews (Scotland)
- 98 km
- Cairngorm Mountains (Scotland)
- 60 km
- Inverness (Scotland)
- 154 km
- Pentland Firth (Scotland)
- 47 km
- Orkney Islands (Scotland)
- 226 km
- Loch Ness (Scotland)
- 19 km
- Fort Augustus (Scotland)
- 103 km
- Isle of Skye (Scotland)
- 104 km
- Fort William (Scotland)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $456 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 8,653 tours in Europe
- covered by 225 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 50 days prior to the departure date.
- 8 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Coast to Coast