Southern Rocker (Dorm)
- Our saving
- US $ 316
- +2 Destinations
- Southern Ireland
- Explore lush green Irish countryside
- Kiss the Blarney Stone for good luck
- See the dramatic Dingle Peninsula
- Experience local pubs with traditional Irish music
- Rather Poor
- KBKiranWritten on July 16, 20183.5 - GoodEmma and John were wonderful! However, sometimes it felt like the tour was a bit rushed (as expected in just 3 days), it would have been nice to do the route backwards as there was a lot to see on the last day. Overall, a great way to see some of Ireland in just 3 days.Show detailed ratings
- ATAliceWritten on July 5, 20183.0 - AverageThe experience was great and our tour guide was amazing with all the information, knowledge and friendliness they had. The downside is that the busses are not great. They are not made for warm weather and we had several of the passengers on our trip feeling faint and sick from the heat. The aircon didn’t work. The chargers didn’t work. I think this is something the company needs to address for the summertime for the safety of its passengers. It definitely alters your experience when the bus ride is uncomfortable and majority of your group feel ill from the heat/sauna inside the bus (not the outside temp). Staff were wonderful though!! If they hadn’t been I can ensure you people would’ve asked for refunds. The staff and itinerary saved this trip for me.Show detailed ratings
- CLChristineWritten on May 13, 20184.0 - GoodVery friendly staff and driver and passenger. It’s always harder traveling solo but I felt most welcomed by your staff and trainee (assistant)Emma. Love it, got to see so much in 3 days. The dorm accom was great on the first night but very average the second night. The bed was comfortable in both, but the lack of bathrooms/showers at the 2nd disappointed me. A night stay in Galway instead of one of the others might be worth a consideration. Overall very happy.Show detailed ratings
- RubyWritten on October 24, 20174.0 - GoodDarren was an absolutely fantastic guide, funny and friendly. Robbie was a great driver, and he and Darren made a lovely pair. Would recommend on the basis of those two alone. Accommodation the first night was at a recently renovated hostel that was very very comfortable, second night less great but decent enough anyway. Would have liked more time in Galway, but they managed to cram in a lot into a relatively short duration. Would go on another shamrocker tour - this was a great experience.Show detailed ratings
- SPSamanthaWritten on October 19, 20175.0 - ExcellentI had a unbelievable experience with Shamrocker on the Southern Rocker tour of south-west Ireland. I would definitely recommend this tour to any friends visiting Ireland in the future. The 3 day tour was the perfect amount of time for me personally to see south-western Ireland, any less days would have been too short and any longer I think I would have tired of living out of a suitcase and being on a bus. I really enjoyed our small group of 15 people, which made the trip much more personal and memorable, we all became great friends. Our bus driver Rob was awesome, a super cheerful guy who entertained us with his lovely voice with many old Irish songs. Finally, our guide, Darren or Daz, made the trip the amazing experience that it was. He is super knowledgeable about Ireland and told the history and culture of the country with such passion. I was surprised someone so young knew so much about Ireland's history; it made me want to learn more about Ireland, and he recommend some great Irish movies and music. Thanks Shamrocker, Daz and Rob for the unforgettable trip, I will be back again!Show detailed ratings
- PaolaWritten on September 23, 20174.0 - GoodIt was pretty fun, we saw a lot of amazing places.Show detailed ratings
- RGRachelWritten on July 25, 20174.5 - ExcellentDarren is the best tour guide ever! This trip was honestly the most amazing trip I have been on in my life, and I have travelled a lot. 3 days felt like a week because we saw so much and I never wanted it to end. Definitely do it; worth every penny!Show detailed ratings
- JoannaWritten on July 12, 20174.0 - GoodThe trip was pretty great, would've liked to stay longer in areas than to leave on the bus for long drives, some areas to stop off st were too long others too short; could have been discussed with those on tour. Lovely people ; everyone was pleasant and open to different opportunities :)Show detailed ratings
- MichaelWritten on January 31, 20174.0 - GoodWhile it's not exactly aimed at the younger set, because you'll see all of the same things as on a tour for an older crowd, definitely make sure you can keep up with college kids when it comes to walking pace and bounceback from drinking. I had a thoroughly good time but spent the entire second day hungover while my 20-25 year old companions bounded over mountains!Show detailed ratingsShamrocker Adventures commented on this reviewHi there, we're delighted to hear you had such a great time on tour, thanks for taking the time to post a review :)
- BEBritainiWritten on November 15, 20165.0 - ExcellentThis trip was beyond awesome add I would highly recommend it to everyone! Kim was fabulous!Show detailed ratingsShamrocker Adventures commented on this reviewHi there, Thank s for the fantastic review, we're delighted to hear you great time with Kim! The Shamrocker Team.
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: DUBLIN TO KILLARNEY
- Day 2: KILLARNEY TO ENNIS
- Day 3: ENNIS TO DUBLIN
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Shamrocker Intro
- Shamrocker Adventure
- Western Europe Travel Guide
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Do you arrange airport transfers?
Airport transfers are not included in this tour, but we can inquire with the Tour Operator at the time of booking if they would be able to add these onto the package for an additional cost.
Is there a hotel list available?
Accommodation is included in the trip price and includes dorm share hostel accommodation with 4-6 people to a room depending on availability. This is a list of accommodations that the operator will typically use on this tour, however, please be aware that these are subject to change:
Rowan Tree Hostel, Ennis
Neptune's Hostel, Killarney
What is the age group of these tours?
Even though Shamrocker is an 'open age' operator, it's backpacking style is more popular with travellers in their 20's.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Hamish13th March 2018
Southern Rocker (Dorm)
- Upcoming departures
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- January 2020
- February 2020
- March 2020
- FridaySep 28, 2018from Dublin3 DaysSundaySep 30, 2018to Dublin10+ seats left$132 for 1USD $316
- FridayOct 5, 2018from Dublin3 DaysSundayOct 7, 2018to Dublin10+ seats left$132 for 1USD $316
- FridayOct 12, 2018from Dublin3 DaysSundayOct 14, 2018to Dublin10+ seats left$132 for 1USD $316
- FridayOct 19, 2018from Dublin3 DaysSundayOct 21, 2018to Dublin10+ seats left$132 for 1USD $316
- FridayOct 26, 2018from Dublin3 DaysSundayOct 28, 2018to Dublin10+ seats left$132 for 1USD $316
- FridayNov 2, 2018from Dublin3 DaysSundayNov 4, 2018to Dublin10+ seats left$132 for 1USD $316
- FridayNov 9, 2018from Dublin3 DaysSundayNov 11, 2018to Dublin10+ seats left$132 for 1USD $316
- FridayNov 23, 2018from Dublin3 DaysSundayNov 25, 2018to Dublin10+ seats left$132 for 1USD $316
- FridayDec 7, 2018from Dublin3 DaysSundayDec 9, 2018to Dublin10+ seats left$132 for 1USD $316
- FridayJan 4, 2019from Dublin3 DaysSundayJan 6, 2019to Dublin10+ seats left$132 for 1USD $316
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Dublin.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Shamrocker Adventures to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $170 to confirm this Shamrocker Adventures booking. The remaining balance is then payable 50 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 11 November 2018 the full payment of $316 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 50 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $316 for Southern Rocker (Dorm), but the deposit of $170 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Shamrocker Adventures tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Dublin (Ireland)
- 261 km
- Killarney (Ireland)
- 94 km
- Ennis (Ireland)
- 191 km
- Dublin (Ireland)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $316 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,841 tours in Europe
- covered by 255 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 50 days prior to the departure date.
- 17 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Southern Rocker (Dorm)