Waikiki Explorer (5 Days)
- Our saving
- US $ 605
- Turquoise waters and white sands of Hawaii
- Enjoy the soft sands of Waikiki Beach
- Visit the Pearl Harbor & Arizona Memorial
- See the crater of an extinct volcano
- Age range
- 18 to 35 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Rather Poor
- MSmaylenWritten on March 23, 20185.0 - ExcellentIt was a great experience!Show detailed ratings
- LLauraWritten on February 9, 20181.0 - BadIn September 2017 my friend Hayley and I travelled from Melbourne to Honolulu. We decided to book a Contiki tour. I rang up and booked first before Hayley decided to join. When I rang, the lady on the phone from memory was named Sami. She told me if I used Contiki it would include accommodation, snorkelling, shopping vouchers, breakfast, diamond head hike tickets, pearl harbour tickets and other activities to do in Hawaii. Around the 18th of August after my friend had also booked and been told the same thing, we rang Contiki as we had received our packages, but it only had accommodation and pearl harbour tickets. The lady we spoke to on the phone said we would receive the tickets for the rest of the activities once we arrived at the hotel reception desk. On the tickets for pearl harbour it says it call Destination America to confirm transport. The ticket was booked for the 9th of September. We called Destination America and spoke to Tyra who informed us Contiki had not booked us on any tour on the 9th of September and she then had to make a time for us to go on the 10th. On the ticket it also said what hotel we had to go to for pickup. We made the 15-minute walk there to be waiting around for a long time. We decided to call destination America to ask when we were getting picked up and was told Contiki put the wrong hotel on the ticket as they don’t pick up from there. When we were checking into our hotel Queen Kapiolani, we were told our room wasn’t ready which we expected. They promised to keep our luggage in a safe place and we could come back later to check in. When we retuned, we found our luggage had been left out the front of the hotel on the side of the road. We walked up to our bags and took them, and no one questioned if they were our or not. The room we were given was dirty, the windows were shutters with no glass and they didn’t fully close, the phone didn’t work, the smoke alarm was covered in a plastic bag, the safe was only operated with a key which we weren’t given, the sheets had stains, only the bathroom light worked no other lights in the room worked, the electrical cords weren’t safe, the lift played up, the staff was rude and the fire alarm went off 6 times in the 4 days we were there. We evacuated the first time it went off. We asked reception what was happening and why we weren’t told if we should evacuate or not and they replied with they didn’t know why it goes off and they weren’t going to bother calling or telling people because 300 people were staying there, and it would waste a lot of time. We paid $1646.30 thinking we were getting a clean room and tours when all we got was the worst hotel you can imagine and pearl harbour. On any hotel booking site or even the hotels website for one room it is max $400 a night and pearl harbour is around $70-80. I can’t find out why we would have paid so much for just that, it seems they charged us for two rooms when we only got one and it is absolutely shocking that Contiki would send two young girls to a place like that with the money we paid. We emailed Contiki several times while this was happening and after. They didn’t seem to care about our experience and how unsafe we were. They said those activities promised to us aren’t included in the package. I then asked them to listen to the calls as they are recorded, and they came back saying conveniently they had been deleted. They then offered us $230 out of ‘goodwill’. They showed absolutely no interest in what happened all they cared about was shutting us up. We have photos of the room, recording of the fire alarm going off and emails from them offering the $230. We have since come across story after story of people who have been screwed over by Contiki and its time people are aware of it. DO NOT USE CONTIKIShow detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Arrive Honolulu
- Day 2: Honolulu
- Day 3: Honolulu
- Day 4 - 6: Honolulu
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
AccommodationRated Average by past passengers
GuideRated Bad by past passengers
MealsRated Average by past passengers
TransportRated Average by past passengers
- USA & CANADA - FESTIVALS & SHORTSTAYS
- USA & Canada: Discovery Plus
- Contiki Discoverer Trips
- Contiki Short Trips & Festivals
- Contiki USA: Better Together Best With Us
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Does our time of arrival on Day 1 matter?
The first day is essentially an "arrival day". It would probably be better to arrive in the morning, but it is not essential, it just depends how much you want to be able to maximise your time.
What are the optional extras available on this trip?
In regards to optional extras (additional prices) there's also plenty of time for surf lessons, snorkelling and amazing shopping which your tour guide can help you to look into whilst in Waikiki. Not to mention Waikikis amazing nightlife.
What are the activities included on this tour?
Waikiki Explorer features an exclusive sightseeing tour featuring Pearl Harbour, the USS Arizona memorial and the Punch Bowl.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Sheila11th May 2018
Waikiki Explorer (5 Days)
- Upcoming departures
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- January 2020
- February 2020
- March 2020
- SundayOct 21, 2018from Honolulu5 DaysThursdayOct 25, 2018to HonoluluOnly 1 seat left$30USD $605
- MondayOct 22, 2018from Honolulu5 DaysFridayOct 26, 2018to HonoluluOnly 1 seat left$30USD $605
- TuesdayOct 23, 2018from Honolulu5 DaysSaturdayOct 27, 2018to HonoluluOnly 1 seat left$30USD $605
- WednesdayOct 24, 2018from Honolulu5 DaysSundayOct 28, 2018to HonoluluOnly 1 seat left$30USD $605
- ThursdayOct 25, 2018from Honolulu5 DaysMondayOct 29, 2018to HonoluluOnly 1 seat left$30USD $605
- FridayOct 26, 2018from Honolulu5 DaysTuesdayOct 30, 2018to HonoluluOnly 1 seat left$30USD $605
- SaturdayOct 27, 2018from Honolulu5 DaysWednesdayOct 31, 2018to HonoluluOnly 1 seat left$30USD $605
- SundayOct 28, 2018from Honolulu5 DaysThursdayNov 1, 2018to HonoluluOnly 1 seat left$30USD $605
- MondayOct 29, 2018from Honolulu5 DaysFridayNov 2, 2018to HonoluluOnly 1 seat left$30USD $605
- TuesdayOct 30, 2018from Honolulu5 DaysSaturdayNov 3, 2018to HonoluluOnly 1 seat left$30USD $605
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Honolulu.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Contiki to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $200 to confirm this Contiki booking. The remaining balance is then payable 45 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 2 December 2018 the full payment of $605 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $605 for Waikiki Explorer (5 Days), but the deposit of $200 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Contiki tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Honolulu (USA)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $605 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 1,799 tours in North America
- covered by 68 different operators in North America
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior to the departure date.
- 2 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Waikiki Explorer (5 Days)