Romantic Danube (Modified) 2019
- Our saving
- US $ 1,941
- Marvel at the gothic and baroque architecture of Passau
- Soak up the sights and sounds of the beautiful Budapest
- Luxuriate in orchestral sounds on the streets of Vienna
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Vilshofen – Embarkation
- Day 2: Vilshofen – Passau
- Day 3: Linz, Austria
- Day 4: Weissenkirchen
- Day 5: Weissenkirchen
- Day 6: Vienna
- Day 7: Budapest, Hungary
- Day 8: Budapest – Disembarkation
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- AmaLeaDesigned with vibrant pops of color that call to mind the autumn harvest in European vineyards, and appointed with our signature twin bal… Read moreBuilt2018Guests156Crew51Length135 m / 443 ftStaterooms78RegistrySwitzerlandGross Tonnage3600 gtBeam11 m / 36 ftCruising Speed11 kn / 20 kph / 13 mph
- AmaSonataIntroduced in 2014, the AmaSonata sings her melodious tune down Europe’s great rivers. Most accommodations have twin balconies, so… Read moreBuilt2014Guests162Crew51Length135 m / 443 ftStaterooms81RegistrySwitzerlandGross Tonnage3600 gtBeam11 m / 36 ftCruising Speed11 kn / 20 kph / 13 mph
- AmaMagnaAs imagined by AmaWaterways co-owner and president, Rudi Schreiner, the “godfather of river cruising,” the AmaMagna is twice… Read moreBuilt2019Guests196Crew70Length135 m / 443 ftSuites53Staterooms98RegistrySwtizerlandBeam22 m / 72 ftCruising Speed11 kn / 20 kph / 13 mph
- Rather Poor
- linglingWritten on November 5, 20195.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
it is my first river cruise and certainly the best trip I have ever had in my life. my parents also had so much fun. on the last day of the cruise, they were planning on their next cruise with amawayerway! our cruise manager Maddy was super kind, fun and... Read moreReview collected by AmaWaterways
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Do I need a visa for this tour?
Visa requirements are always changing so it is best to contact your local embassy or consulate for the most up-to-date information.
Is travel insurance recommended?
Travel insurance is highly recommended. TourRadar has partnered with World Nomads to ensure you are adequately covered whilst travelling. For more information please contact our Travel Experts.
Is there a guide?
A guide will accompany you on the tour.
- Life on Board
- AmaWaterways Luxury River Cruises
- Health & Wellness on the River
- Explore on Two Wheels
- Fine Dining aboard AmaWaterways
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Fiona3rd October 2019
Romantic Danube (Modified) 2019
- Upcoming departures
- November 2019
- December 2019
- March 2020
- April 2020
- May 2020
- June 2020
- July 2020
- August 2020
- September 2020
- October 2020
- November 2020
- December 2020
- March 2021
- April 2021
- May 2021
- June 2021
- July 2021
- August 2021
- September 2021
- October 2021
- November 2021
- December 2021
- SundayNov 17, 2019from Vilshofen8 DaysSundayNov 24, 2019to Budapest9 seats left AmaMagnaAmaMagna$821$3,199-26%USD $2,378+ $182 Port ChargeSharing a twin cabin
- FridayNov 22, 2019from Vilshofen8 DaysFridayNov 29, 2019to Budapest9 seats left AmaSonataAmaSonata$1,058$2,999-35%USD $1,941+ $182 Port ChargeSharing a twin cabin
- FridayDec 27, 2019from Vilshofen8 DaysFridayJan 3, 2020to Budapest7 seats left AmaLeaAmaLea$1,060$3,099-34%USD $2,039+ $182 Port ChargeSharing a twin cabin
- SundayDec 29, 2019from Vilshofen8 DaysSundayJan 5, 2020to Budapest7 seats left AmaMagnaAmaMagna$1,066$3,299-32%USD $2,233+ $182 Port ChargeSharing a twin cabin
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- EuroGermany and Austria
Plugs & Adapters
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Germany, Austria and Hungary. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Hungary. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Hungary. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Vilshofen is the starting point and Budapest is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request AmaWaterways to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- For any tour departing before 17 February 2020 a full payment is necessary. For tours departing after 17 February 2020, a minimum payment of $400 is required to confirm your booking with AmaWaterways. The final payment will be automatically charged to your credit card on the designated due date. The final payment of the remaining balance is required at least 95 days days prior to the departure date of your tour. TourRadar never charges you a booking fee and will charge you in the stated currency.
- Cancellation policy
- TourRadar is an authorised Agent of AmaWaterways. Please familiarise yourself with the AmaWaterways payment, cancellation and refund conditions.
- Payment methods
- The following cards are accepted for AmaWaterways tours: Visa, Maestro, Mastercard, American Express or PayPal. TourRadar does NOT charge you an extra fee for using any of these payment methods.
- Vilshofen (Germany)
- 20 km
- Passau (Germany)
- 69 km
- Linz (Austria)
- 88 km
- Weissenkirchen (Austria)
- 20 km
- Melk (Austria)
- 76 km
- Vienna (Austria)
- 214 km
- Budapest (Hungary)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,941 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 12,420 tours in Europe
- covered by 522 different operators in Europe
- Use Discounts and Credits*
- Past passenger discounts or credits, early-bird savings, child discounts, and multi-person discounts offered by the tour operator may be applicable when you book with TourRadar. *Discounts and credits are subject to the tour operator terms and conditions.
- 32,999 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Europe tours