Scandinavia & Russia Plus
- Our saving
- US $ 3,745
- Copenhagen's harbour-side architecture & bars
- Cultural hub Aker Brgge in Oslo
- Stockholm's trendy boutiques and galleries
- Breath-taking St Petersburg in Russia
- Age range
- 18 to 35 year olds
- Hostel, Hotel
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus, Ship, Ferry
- Physical Rating
- Rather Poor
- ChantalWritten on July 18, 20174.5 - ExcellentThis trip had been on my bucket list for the longest time and I have to say the experience really went beyond any expectations that I had. A lot of that was down to our tour manager Greg Colgin and our driver Martin Butler, these guys really put in the time and effort to make each part of this trip the best it could be. #noregregs • Detailed day sheets, with some great little illustrations, so we knew exactly what was on each day and where we needed to be. • Played interesting short videos, images and introductions to each country and culture on the bus (this is something not a lot of guides do, but it really gave you a good understanding of the place and also a list of things to look out for or avoid, like strömming). • Organised extra dinners in places where we all wanted to try a certain cuisine. • Trvia night, bobsleigh teams, polar plunges and bus DJ sets. • Wealth of local knowledge with a mix of history and relevant to the age group fun facts. • Gave honest information and warnings on what to expect with experiences. • Unbelievably clean coach every day. • Amazing driving, getting around the bendy Norwegian road and crazy Russian drivers. • Made a lot of photo stops in Norway so you never missed a great shot. • Planned so we could stop and better places for lunch (MacDonald’s) than just service stations with potato chips. • With much energy and enthusiasm each day, how could you not have a great time. This was also my 10th Contiki trip and Greg and Martin were two of the best I’ve been lucky to have travelled with. In terms of the base trip itself I can really recommend this trip as it covers such an array of places and cultures. Russia really is a must to see as well as the Fjords in Norway. METime optionals I can recommend most, I didn’t do the ballet or piano recital, just the smorgasbord on the ferry was the only one I don’t think was worth the money €40, the food wasn’t great and there are other cheaper and nicer options on board, like steak and chips for €17. Also time in Helsinki is quite short so make the most of that. Thanks again guys for an awesome trip!Show detailed ratings
- PPhillippaWritten on June 25, 20174.0 - GoodI travelled on the Contiki Scandinavia and Russia Plus with tour manager Greg Colgin and driver Martin Butler. The tour was incredible, we saw everything from snowy mountain tops in Norway to beautiful days in Saint Petersburg in Russia. The first half of the trip in Scandinavia was much less of a party trip, with each day on the bus looking out to stunning views, while Russia allowed for more evenings out on the town, while also seeing the beauty that was the cities.Show detailed ratings
- RRachaelWritten on June 25, 20175.0 - ExcellentGreg Colgin was my trip manager for a marathon trip I did through Scandinavia and Russia. Greg's professionalism and kindness made this trip great. Throughout the tour it was obvious how hard Greg worked to ensure everyone was getting the most out of the experience. So friendly and always ready for a laugh, I would recommend travelling with him to anyone.Show detailed ratings
- DBDomWritten on June 25, 20175.0 - ExcellentI had a Greg as a tour manager for the Scandinavia-Russia trip . Greg was kind, courteous and punctual at every moment. Greg truly did go above and beyond for everyone . I was a little anxious travelling into Russia at first but Greg definitley helped in making the experience great . I believe he is an asset to your company .Show detailed ratings
- KKathrynWritten on June 25, 20174.0 - GoodAn amazing trip made even better by an amazing guyShow detailed ratings
- HBHarryWritten on June 25, 20175.0 - ExcellentI just wanna say that Greg was thee best trip manager I've ever had and he really knows how to keep things running smooth and organized also he is such a funny and amazing person overall !Show detailed ratings
- AKAmberWritten on June 24, 20174.5 - ExcellentMy Scandinavia and Russia trip was absolutely amazing thanks to Greg. There's no way I would have had the same experience without him. His knowledge, organization, and all-around helpfulness was ace. Nothing but love!Show detailed ratings
- MAMarshallWritten on June 24, 20174.5 - ExcellentIn June of 2017, I took a leap of faith and embarked on a 23 day adventure that brought me from Germany, through Russia, ending in Poland, visiting 8 countries in all. And I'd do it all over again! The tour started in Scandinavia, and explored major cities such as Copenhagen, Oslo, Stockholm, and Helsinki. The stops we made were relevant, fun, and taught me a ton. After this, we made our way into Russia, Belarus, and Poland, spending a little over a week diving into Moscow, Warsaw, and other large city centers. It's hard to choose a favorite leg of the journey, each stop had its own wow moments! The me time options were all worth it, with the exception of a few food options I would encourage others to take a second look at. Each stop started with a city tour, providing a deep dive into the area before we explored on our own. This included seeing things from the standard monuments and famous landmarks to the smaller hole in the wall places, providing a true local, non-tourist feel. My only suggestion to Contiki is to provide more outdoors-type options, such as hiking the Fjords of Norway. Contiki also provided local guides that were super passionate about their cities, and gave a perspective that really opened my eyes. They escorted us through major landmarks such as the Hermitage and The Kremlin, sharing their knowledge. On occasion, communication was difficult from competing tour groups or environmental sounds, a headset would be a great solution. The accommodations were a mix of hostels and hotels, which provided the basics at a budget price. I'm a simple guy and when you spend 90% of your day outside the room, you don't need anything fancy. Laundry was very difficult to come by - I washed my clothes in the hotel sink more times that I would've liked. A coach was our primary means of travel, providing a comfortable and safe environment where I could sight see, relax, and make new friends. Last but not least - our Contiki team is what made this trip memorable. I was lucky to have Greg (tour manager) and Marty (driver), as they provided an experience that I will never forget. The level of knowledge, professionalism, organization, and inclusion was remarkable. I immediately felt comfortable in the group, despite not knowing a soul. Greg made me feel included with regular check ups and clear lines of communication. His knowledge of each area, despite visiting 8 countries and many more cities, speaks volumes to his commitment to the role. Marty's driving skills were impressive to say the least, there were a few times we held out breath down a narrow street or in a bad traffic jam, but Marty pulled through with the bus erupting in applause. Overall, I could highly recommend this trip to others. An amazing experience awaits you that will give you memories of a lifetime. I'd encourage others to specifically request, rather demand(!), Greg and Marty as your Contiki team, as without them, I can't guarantee the same experience. Thank you to Contiki, Greg, and Marty!!Show detailed ratings
- TBTaylorWritten on June 24, 20175.0 - ExcellentComing into this trip I was skeptical on what to expect since there were over 50 people, but Greg made this trip an experience of a lifetime!!! He is seriously the BEST! I highly recommend him. His knowledge, understanding and appreciation of the world has changed my whole life and view! I have him to thank for teaching me sooo much!! He is amazing and I know everyone else agrees!Show detailed ratings
- SHSimoneWritten on June 24, 20175.0 - ExcellentScandi - Russia trip was one of a lifetime. Amazing scenery, amazing people and just plain amazing. The trip ran smoothly from start to end and literally have no complaints at all!!Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Start Berlin/Copenhagen
- Day 2: Copenhagen
- Day 3: Copenhagen to Oslo
- Day 4: Oslo
- Day 5: Oslo to Voss
- Day 6: Voss to Geiranger Fjord
- Day 7: Geiranger Fjord to Gjovik
- Day 8: Gjovik to Stockholm
- Day 9: Stockholm
- Day 10: Stockholm & sail to Helsinki
- Day 11: Helsinki
- Day 12: Helsinki to St. Petersburg
- Day 12 - 14: St. Petersburg
- Day 15: St. Petersburg to Novgorod
- Day 16: Novgorod to Moscow
- Day 16 - 18: Moscow
- Day 19: Moscow to Minsk
- Day 20: Minsk to Warsaw
- Day 21: Warsaw
- Day 22: Depart Warsaw/Berlin
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Optional Extras
- In-Depth Explorer: live like a local with Contiki
- Western Europe Travel Guide
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- June 20, 2016
With which currency will I pay for the Russian optional activities?
You will have to pay your trip manager Euros and cash for all of the optionals in Russia.
The reason you don't pay in Russian Rubles is because it is a very unstable currency.
- June 20, 2016
How do I get a Russian Visa?
You will be responsible for getting your own Russian visa for this trip. It is best to contact your local embassy and get them to advise you about how you can get this visa.
- June 20, 2016
How do I get my Belarusian Visa?
Your trip manager can help facilitate your Belarusian Visa while you are on tour.
It is a good idea to have a passport photo and around $80USD in cash to pay your trip manager so they can get the visa on your behalf.
Guides who have led this tour
- "So when I moved to Switzerland to study in 2006 - little did I know it would end up changing every plan..."
- "I like adventures, food and laughter, those are a few of my favourite things."
- "Hi everyone, I am a happy and enthusiastic Dane, who loves showing the beauty of Scandinavia and Europe..."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Tom, 72 years old20th April 2017
Scandinavia & Russia Plus
- Upcoming departures
- May 2018
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- SaturdayMay 12, 2018from BerlinSaturdayJun 2, 2018in BerlinOur saving$167PriceUSD $4,175+ $570 Food Fund10+ spaces left
- SaturdayMay 19, 2018from BerlinSaturdayJun 9, 2018in BerlinOur saving$150PriceUSD $3,745+ $570 Food Fund10+ spaces left
- SaturdayJun 2, 2018from BerlinSaturdayJun 23, 2018in BerlinOur saving$167PriceUSD $4,175+ $570 Food Fund10+ spaces left
- SaturdayJun 16, 2018from BerlinSaturdayJul 7, 2018in BerlinOur saving$174PriceUSD $4,355+ $570 Food Fund
- SaturdayJun 23, 2018from BerlinSaturdayJul 14, 2018in BerlinOur saving$174PriceUSD $4,355+ $570 Food Fund10+ spaces left
- SaturdayJun 30, 2018from BerlinSaturdayJul 21, 2018in BerlinOur saving$174PriceUSD $4,355+ $570 Food Fund10+ spaces left
- SaturdayJul 7, 2018from BerlinSaturdayJul 28, 2018in BerlinOur saving$157PriceUSD $3,925+ $570 Food Fund10+ spaces left
- SaturdayJul 14, 2018from BerlinSaturdayAug 4, 2018in BerlinOur saving$157PriceUSD $3,925+ $570 Food Fund10+ spaces left
- SaturdayJul 21, 2018from BerlinSaturdayAug 11, 2018in BerlinOur saving$157PriceUSD $3,925+ $570 Food Fund
- SaturdayJul 28, 2018from BerlinSaturdayAug 18, 2018in BerlinOur saving$157PriceUSD $3,925+ $570 Food Fund
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- EuroGermany and Finland
- KroneDenmark and Norway
- RubleRussia and Belarus
Plugs & Adapters
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Germany, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Russia, Belarus and Poland. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Recommended for Russia and Belarus. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Russia, Belarus and Poland. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Recommended for Russia and Belarus. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Russia, Belarus and Poland. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Yellow fever
- Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an area with a risk of yellow fever transmission for Russia. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Japanese B encephalitis
- Recommended for Russia. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Start and end in Berlin.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Contiki to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $200 to confirm this Contiki booking. The remaining balance is then payable 45 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 30 November 2017 the full payment of $3,745 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $3745 for Scandinavia & Russia Plus, but the deposit of $200 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Contiki tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Berlin (Germany)
- 355 km
- Copenhagen (Denmark)
- 483 km
- Oslo (Norway)
- 252 km
- Voss (Norway)
- 169 km
- Geiranger (Norway)
- 235 km
- Gjovik (Norway)
- 440 km
- Stockholm (Sweden)
- 396 km
- Helsinki (Finland)
- 300 km
- St Petersburg (Russia)
- 165 km
- Novgorod (Russia)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $3,745 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 6,437 tours in Europe
- covered by 164 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior to the departure date.
- 28,107 travellers have already met
before they left for their Europe tour
Download TourRadar Meet App
- 16 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Scandinavia & Russia Plus