Scandinavia & Russia Plus (Start Berlin, 22 Days)
- Our saving
- US $ 3,221
- Copenhagen's harbour-side architecture & bars
- Cultural hub Aker Brgge in Oslo
- Stockholm's trendy boutiques and galleries
- Breath-taking St Petersburg in Russia
- Age range
- 18 to 35 year olds
- Hostel, Hotel, Berth / Cabin
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus, Ship, Ferry
- Physical Rating
- Travel style
- In-depth Cultural
- Rather Poor
- TTarynWritten on September 11, 20175.0 - ExcellentI don't even want to think about what this tour might have been without Greg as our Trip Manager. As someone who was traveling alone and to Europe for the first time, it was a little daunting to say the least, but right from Day 1 I felt so comfortable and at ease with Greg. He went above and beyond to make sure that everyone was having a good time. His organisational skills and knowledge about each of the places we visited, meant we got to see so much and make the most of our time there. I can honestly say it was thanks to him (and driver Filipe) that I had the absolute time of my life. You won't find a more amazing tour guide and I feel lucky to also be able to call him a friend!Show detailed ratings
- VDValerieWritten on August 17, 20175.0 - ExcellentGreg is amazing at his job! He was extremely organized and very energetic. He was also very knowledgable and made my first euro trip one for the books! I definitely hope our paths cross again!Show detailed ratings
- MRMarissaWritten on August 14, 20174.5 - ExcellentGreg was a great tour guide and travel friend! He made sure everyone was having a great time on their holiday. He was very professional but a fun guide at the same time. Greg made my trip enjoyable and the time of my life. I would definitely recommend him. He kept everyone on schedule and our itineraries were very clearly explained.Show detailed ratings
- RGRichelleWritten on August 13, 20175.0 - ExcellentThe trip far exceeded my expectations, mostly because of the knowledge and good humour of our Tour Manager, Greg. He definitely went above and beyond to ensure we got the most out of our time and was there for the group members as a charismatic leader and friend. Our schedule was jam packed but his organizational skills and fun loving nature made it all look easy. Any group would be lucky to have him.Show detailed ratings
- DDianaWritten on August 13, 20175.0 - ExcellentI did the scandacian portion of the contoki trip. It was such a blast. The scenery was incredible and the stays were cozy. Greg our tour guide had so much knowledge about the countries it helped a lot with getting to know each of them. And our driver Filipe was an amazing driver as well as a great guy to be around.Show detailed ratings
- HEHarshaWritten on August 13, 20174.5 - ExcellentHad a great time with Greg on Contiki, he was very informative, fun and always willing to go that extra mile for you.Show detailed ratings
- DDavidWritten on August 13, 20174.5 - ExcellentIt was a brilliant trip. Greg was very friendly, organised, helpful and a lovely person. The accommodation and food was nice especially considering the expensive nature of Scandinavia. Greg was very knowledgeable about all the locations and had good tips on where to go and what to do. Overall, i had a blast and owe a lot of it to Greg and our driver Filipe.Show detailed ratings
- GGinaWritten on August 13, 20175.0 - ExcellentGreg was a good, was a great, nay, was a GRAND tour guide and deserves all the stars. He went above and beyond to give us advice on what to see, show us the native ways, teach us the culture, keep us safe, allowed us to see as much as possible each day, was and will always be a friend, kept the livliness going each day, never brought the vibe down, always good vibes with Greg.Show detailed ratings
- ChantalWritten on July 18, 20174.5 - ExcellentThis trip had been on my bucket list for the longest time and I have to say the experience really went beyond any expectations that I had. A lot of that was down to our tour manager Greg Colgin and our driver Martin Butler, these guys really put in the time and effort to make each part of this trip the best it could be. #noregregs • Detailed day sheets, with some great little illustrations, so we knew exactly what was on each day and where we needed to be. • Played interesting short videos, images and introductions to each country and culture on the bus (this is something not a lot of guides do, but it really gave you a good understanding of the place and also a list of things to look out for or avoid, like strömming). • Organised extra dinners in places where we all wanted to try a certain cuisine. • Trvia night, bobsleigh teams, polar plunges and bus DJ sets. • Wealth of local knowledge with a mix of history and relevant to the age group fun facts. • Gave honest information and warnings on what to expect with experiences. • Unbelievably clean coach every day. • Amazing driving, getting around the bendy Norwegian road and crazy Russian drivers. • Made a lot of photo stops in Norway so you never missed a great shot. • Planned so we could stop and better places for lunch (MacDonald’s) than just service stations with potato chips. • With much energy and enthusiasm each day, how could you not have a great time. This was also my 10th Contiki trip and Greg and Martin were two of the best I’ve been lucky to have travelled with. In terms of the base trip itself I can really recommend this trip as it covers such an array of places and cultures. Russia really is a must to see as well as the Fjords in Norway. METime optionals I can recommend most, I didn’t do the ballet or piano recital, just the smorgasbord on the ferry was the only one I don’t think was worth the money €40, the food wasn’t great and there are other cheaper and nicer options on board, like steak and chips for €17. Also time in Helsinki is quite short so make the most of that. Thanks again guys for an awesome trip!Show detailed ratings
- PPhillippaWritten on June 25, 20174.0 - GoodI travelled on the Contiki Scandinavia and Russia Plus with tour manager Greg Colgin and driver Martin Butler. The tour was incredible, we saw everything from snowy mountain tops in Norway to beautiful days in Saint Petersburg in Russia. The first half of the trip in Scandinavia was much less of a party trip, with each day on the bus looking out to stunning views, while Russia allowed for more evenings out on the town, while also seeing the beauty that was the cities.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Start Berlin/Copenhagen
- Day 2: Copenhagen
- Day 3: Copenhagen to Oslo
- Day 4: Oslo
- Day 5: Oslo to Voss via Hardangervidda Region
- Day 6: Voss to Geiranger Fjord via Sognefjord
- Day 7: Geiranger Fjord to Gjovik via Lom and Lillehammer
- Day 8: Gjovik to Stockholm
- Day 9: Stockholm
- Day 10: Stockholm to Overnight Baltic Ferry
- Day 11: Overnight Baltic Ferry to Helsinki
- Day 12: Helsinki to St. Petersburg
- Day 13: St. Petersburg
- Day 14: St. Petersburg
- Day 15: St. Petersburg to Novgorod
- Day 16: Novgorod to Moscow via Klin
- Day 17: Moscow
- Day 18: Moscow
- Day 19: Moscow to Minsk
- Day 20: Minsk to Warsaw via Brest
- Day 21: Warsaw
- Day 22: Depart Warsaw/Berlin
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Optional Extras
- In-Depth Explorer: live like a local with Contiki
- Western Europe Travel Guide
- Contiki In-Depth Explorer Trips
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- June 20, 2016
With which currency will I pay for the Russian optional activities?
You will have to pay your trip manager Euros and cash for all of the optionals in Russia.
The reason you don't pay in Russian Rubles is because it is a very unstable currency.
- June 20, 2016
How do I get a Russian Visa?
You will be responsible for getting your own Russian visa for this trip. It is best to contact your local embassy and get them to advise you about how you can get this visa.
- June 20, 2016
How do I get my Belarusian Visa?
Your trip manager can help facilitate your Belarusian Visa while you are on tour.
It is a good idea to have a passport photo and around $80USD in cash to pay your trip manager so they can get the visa on your behalf.
Guides who have led this tour
- "So when I moved to Switzerland to study in 2006 - little did I know it would end up changing every plan..."
- "I like adventures, food and laughter, those are a few of my favourite things."
- "Hi everyone, I am a happy and enthusiastic Dane, who loves showing the beauty of Scandinavia and Europe..."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Sheila11th May 2018
Scandinavia & Russia Plus (Start Berlin, 22 Days)
- Upcoming departures
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
See dates of tour versions available to you below.
- SaturdayJul 7, 2018from Copenhagen13 DaysThursdayJul 19, 2018to Helsinki8 seats left$58USD $2,305+ $300 Food Fund Scandinavia End Helsinki
Start Copenhagen, End Helsinki, 13 Days, with Base version
- SaturdayJul 7, 2018from Copenhagen10 DaysMondayJul 16, 2018to Stockholm0 seats left$43USD $1,735+ $260 Food Fund Scandinavia End Stockholm
- SaturdayJul 7, 2018from Copenhagen23 DaysSundayJul 29, 2018to Warsaw8 seats left$98USD $3,925+ $570 Food Fund Scandinavia And Russia Plus
Start Copenhagen, End Warsaw, 23 Days version
- SaturdayJul 7, 2018from Copenhagen23 DaysSundayJul 29, 2018to Berlin8 seats left$98USD $3,925+ $570 Food Fund Scandinavia And Russia Plus
Start Copenhagen, 23 Days version
- FridayJul 13, 2018from Berlin23 DaysSaturdayAug 4, 2018to Berlin10+ seats left$98USD $3,925+ $570 Food Fund Scandinavia And Russia Plus
23 Days version
- FridayJul 13, 2018from Berlin13 DaysWednesdayJul 25, 2018to Helsinki0 seats left$58USD $2,305+ $300 Food Fund Scandinavia End Helsinki
- FridayJul 13, 2018from Berlin10 DaysSundayJul 22, 2018to Stockholm0 seats left$43USD $1,735+ $260 Food Fund Scandinavia End Stockholm
- FridayJul 13, 2018from Berlin23 DaysSaturdayAug 4, 2018to Warsaw10+ seats left$98USD $3,925+ $570 Food Fund Scandinavia And Russia Plus
End Warsaw, 23 Days version
- SaturdayJul 14, 2018from Copenhagen13 DaysThursdayJul 26, 2018to Helsinki0 seats left$58USD $2,305+ $300 Food Fund Scandinavia End Helsinki
- SaturdayJul 14, 2018from Copenhagen10 DaysMondayJul 23, 2018to Stockholm0 seats left$43USD $1,735+ $260 Food Fund Scandinavia End Stockholm
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- EuroGermany and Finland
- KroneDenmark and Norway
- RubleRussia and Belarus
Plugs & Adapters
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Germany, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Russia, Belarus and Poland. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Recommended for Russia and Belarus. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Russia, Belarus and Poland. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Recommended for Russia and Belarus. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Russia, Belarus and Poland. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Yellow fever
- Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an area with a risk of yellow fever transmission for Russia. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Japanese B encephalitis
- Recommended for Russia. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Start and end in Berlin.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Contiki to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $200 to confirm this Contiki booking. The remaining balance is then payable 45 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 9 August 2018 the full payment of $3,221 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $3221 for Scandinavia & Russia Plus (Start Berlin, 22 Days), but the deposit of $200 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Contiki tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Berlin (Germany)
- 355 km
- Copenhagen (Denmark)
- 483 km
- Oslo (Norway)
- 252 km
- Voss (Norway)
- 169 km
- Geiranger (Norway)
- 235 km
- Gjovik (Norway)
- 440 km
- Stockholm (Sweden)
- 396 km
- Helsinki (Finland)
- 300 km
- St Petersburg (Russia)
- 165 km
- Novgorod (Russia)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $3,221 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 8,602 tours in Europe
- covered by 225 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior to the departure date.
- 44 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Scandinavia & Russia Plus (Start Berlin, 22 Days)