Winter Wanderer (24 Days)
- Our saving
- US $ 3,154
- Enjoy delicious Parisian cuisine
- Explore the wine region of Chablis
- Take a gondola ride through Venice
- Walk the cobbled streets of Prague
- Age range
- 18 to 35 year olds
- Hotel, Berth / Cabin
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus, Ferry
- Rather Poor
- KAKristenWritten on December 3, 20165.0 - ExcellentKassie was an amazing guide, her knowledge of Europe is incredible. We had lots of fun as a tour and there was never a dull moment! She really made it the trip of a lifetime, even in the days there wasn't anything planned she would organise things if we wanted! She was kind and caring and if you needed anything you could go to her! Seriously Kassie made it the trip of a lifetime:)Show detailed ratings
- LLukeWritten on September 18, 20165.0 - ExcellentAbsolute legend of a tour manager, gets involved and has fun with you and goes out of her way to get to know everyone on her tour. Clearly prepares well for each tour, as she knows everything about the places you visit from a historical perspective to where the best bars are, to where you can get a late night kebab in Barcelona! To sum it all up, megs is just a great person and you couldn't ask for a better tour manager.Show detailed ratings
- CChristineWritten on July 2, 20164.5 - ExcellentMy husband and I did a contiki tour for our honeymoon and it was the most amazing experience of our lives! Our tour manager, Lasse, was absolutely brilliant and definitely made the tour one to remember. We had a perfect amount of time to ourselves and time with the group. We would definitely recommend Contiki to everybody!Show detailed ratings
- GGiniWritten on June 29, 20165.0 - ExcellentI did the Winter Wanderer Tour and it was exceptional. Our tour guide Lasse Damstoft had alot knowledge, was helpful in many ways, was fun but also professional. Lasse is a very great tour guide and a great assest to the contiki team.Show detailed ratings
- SSamanthaWritten on June 25, 20165.0 - ExcellentThe Winter Wanderer tour was absolutely amazing.Show detailed ratings
- JJamesWritten on June 25, 20164.5 - ExcellentIf it is your first time traveling to Europe, I highly recommend doing the Winter Wanderer. I have been on other tours before and the thing that set this trip apart from the rest was the amazing staff led by Tour Manager Lasse. Lasse was the ultimate professional, he effortless learnt everyone’s name and made everyone feel like they were getting their own VIP experience of Europe. I was so lucky to have Lasse as my tour manager, he had extraordinary knowledge of each city and associated history and he went above and beyond everyday to make it the best experience for the entire group. The most important thing for me is I felt so safe and carefree with the group led by Lasse, all we had to do was sit back and enjoy while everything was being organized for us. I highly recommend this tour! I had the best time of life. The memories and friends I have made on this tour I will treasure for life and I am lucky enough to still catch up with some of these friends who without this trip I would have never met.Show detailed ratings
- RSRyanWritten on June 25, 20164.5 - ExcellentMy trip was awesome, only made better by my travel guid lassieShow detailed ratings
- BDBrookeWritten on June 22, 20164.0 - GoodMy experience with Contiki Winter Wanderer in 2013 was amazing only because of our tour manager, Lasse Damstoft. Not only was the trip very organized, but Lasse made the extra effort to go on walking tours with us, provided excellent advice and history at each location and overall devoted everyday to an amazing experience. I have never met anyone who is as enthusiastic or passionate about what they do for a living. I will only do another Contiki Tour if Lasse is my tour manager again.Show detailed ratings
- CChristyWritten on June 21, 20164.5 - ExcellentThe trip was epic. I would do it again, if I wasn't too old.Show detailed ratings
- TTashWritten on June 21, 20164.0 - GoodWe did winter wanderer tour and it was amazing! Our tour guide was lasse and he was awesome ! He gave us so much information and always there to help. He made our time traveling so easy and fun! We had the best time traveling through Europe ! We made friends that we still keep in contact with now. Would highly recommend it to anyone !Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: London to Paris
- Day 2: Paris
- Day 3: Paris to Lucerne
- Day 4: Lucerne
- Day 5: Lucerne to Lyon
- Day 6: Lyon to Barcelona
- Day 7: Barcelona
- Day 8: Barcelona to The Riviera
- Day 9: The Riviera
- Day 10: The Riviera to Florence
- Day 11: Florence to Rome
- Day 12: Rome
- Day 13: Rome to Venice
- Day 14: Venice
- Day 15: Venice to Vienna
- Day 16: Vienna
- Day 17: Vienna to Munich
- Day 18: Munich to Prague
- Day 19: Prague
- Day 20: Prague to Berlin
- Day 21: Berlin
- Day 22: Berlin to Amsterdam
- Day 23: Amsterdam
- Day 24: Depart Amsterdam
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Optional Extras
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- January 1, 2017
I got impressed with many of the tours advertised on your site. I'd like however to clarify whether the age information dispayed for each of the tours is a limitation or a recommendation?
In some cases it is strictly limited to these particular ages. Contiki, Topdeck and a few others operate tours for travellers purely between ages (18-39). They are geared towards active, budget-minded young travellers who want to meet other people from all over the world, and tend to be very popular with students and backpackers. Any other tours that state, for example 18-65, this is just a guide. It is only tours that are 18-39 (or less) that are strictly limited to those ages. If you are looking for a tour better suited to your age range, we are happy to assist you in finding yout perfect adventure.
- November 1, 2016
Are the additional services free or do I have to pay extra?
Yes, the additional services listed for this tour are included in the overall tour price, but there are also other optional services and additional activities which you can book based on the advertised prices.
- October 1, 2016
What type of accomodation is included in this tour?
This Tour includes hotel accommodation,there is a triple or twin share option.
Guides who have led this tour
- "So when I moved to Switzerland to study in 2006 - little did I know it would end up changing every plan..."
- "Indian born, Filipino raised, Kiwi influenced, Aussie experienced, European roamer...World bound! :D"
- "Hi guys and girls! 4 years ago I lifted the anchor and set sail to Europe with a 1 way ticket, a big..."
- "Hi everyone, I am a happy and enthusiastic Dane, who loves showing the beauty of Scandinavia and Europe..."
- "Growing up in the most isolated city in the world, it was like a right of passage to travel half way..."
- "From what started out as a short 2 month trip back in 2010, has now turned into a lifestyle for me. Before..."
- "Contiki Courtney, Hutchy or coxy here. Absolutely love my job with contiki, getting to travel, meet new..."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Janice22nd December 2017
Winter Wanderer (24 Days)
- Upcoming departures
- March 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
See dates of tour versions available to you below.
- ThursdayMar 15, 2018from London25 DaysSundayApr 8, 2018to Amsterdam8 seats left$85USD $3,406
- ThursdayMar 15, 2018from London25 DaysSundayApr 8, 2018to London8 seats left$85USD $3,406
- ThursdayOct 18, 2018from London25 DaysSundayNov 11, 2018to Amsterdam10+ seats left$100USD $3,980
- ThursdayOct 18, 2018from London25 DaysSundayNov 11, 2018to London10+ seats left$100USD $3,980
- ThursdayOct 25, 2018from London25 DaysSundayNov 18, 2018to Amsterdam$100USD $3,980
- ThursdayOct 25, 2018from London25 DaysSundayNov 18, 2018to London$100USD $3,980
- ThursdayNov 1, 2018from London25 DaysSundayNov 25, 2018to Amsterdam7 seats left$97USD $3,881
- ThursdayNov 1, 2018from London25 DaysSundayNov 25, 2018to London7 seats left$97USD $3,881
- ThursdayNov 15, 2018from London25 DaysSundayDec 9, 2018to Amsterdam$97USD $3,881
- ThursdayNov 15, 2018from London25 DaysSundayDec 9, 2018to London$97USD $3,881
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- Pound sterlingEngland
- EuroFrance , Spain , Monaco , Italy , Vatican City (Holy See) , Austria , Germany and Netherlands
- KorunaCzech Republic
Plugs & Adapters
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Switzerland, Austria, Germany and Czech Republic. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Spain and Czech Republic. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Czech Republic. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Start and end in London.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Contiki to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $200 to confirm this Contiki booking. The remaining balance is then payable 45 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 11 April 2018 the full payment of $3,154 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $3154 for Winter Wanderer (24 Days), but the deposit of $200 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Contiki tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- London (England)
- 109 km
- Dover (England)
- 263 km
- Paris (France)
- 488 km
- Lucerne (Switzerland)
- 303 km
- Lyon (France)
- 532 km
- Barcelona (Spain)
- 490 km
- Nice (France)
- 13 km
- Monaco (Monaco)
- 1 km
- Monte Carlo (Monaco)
- 239 km
- Pisa (Italy)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $3,154 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 7,431 tours in Europe
- covered by 184 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior to the departure date.
- 60 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Winter Wanderer (24 Days)