Best of Spain and Portugal (Summer 2018, 16 Days)
- Our saving
- US $ 3,586
24/7 Customer SupportAsk a question
Have a question? Call us +1 844 311 3006
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
Start in Madrid and end in Barcelona! With the coach/bus tour Best of Spain and Portugal (Summer 2018, 16 Days), you have a 16 day tour package taking you from Madrid to Barcelona and through Madrid, Spain and 14 other destinations in Europe. Best of Spain and Portugal (Summer 2018, 16 Days) includes transport and more.
- Age range
- 5 to 99 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus, Plane
- Rather Poor
- MDMichaelWritten on December 7, 20175.0 - ExcellentYes the trip was a great overall experience with generally good hotels in good locations (quite a few had tea/coffee facilities missing in the room), local guides were good, tour director, coach and driver were excellent.Show detailed ratings
- KWKathleenWritten on October 22, 20173.0 - AverageThe Best of Spain and Portugal in May/June 2017 was a trip we wish we had not experienced. The guide was a "task master". He made the trip very tiring and excruciating. Both my husband and I came down with a virus due to the fast pace and long travel hours. We were encouraged to sigh up for all the side tours. We signed up for many of them and found immediately that the pace was far too rigorous for our abilities. We skipped and cancelled many of the extra excursions. They all sounded great but it was much too much time and effort to engage in all the side trips. The pace was already too fast and the travel time between cities far to long. We were getting up at ridiculously early times in order to be prepared to leave at 5AM, 6AM, and 7AM each morning. It was rare that we could get enough sleep. The tour guide was determined to be first in line for every venue therefore why we would leave early each day. It was exhausting. We both dragged ourselves around each day. After the first 5 days of the trip we both got sick. There were a number of other passengers that also became sick. We had to take many OTC drugs and eventually antibiotics to try to remain on the tour. Had we known the travel time between cities was longer than the time spent in each city, we would not have signed up for this tour. We also feel the tour guide was too strict and unforgiving in his way of handling matters. He treated us like children and did not appear to try to make the trip enjoyable and easy for all the old folks that were paying for the trip. I would not recommend this trip to anyone. My husband came down with pneumonia which was diagnosed once we arrived home. I had coughed my way across Spain and Portugal and it took several months to recover from the bronchitis and sinus infection I acquired while on the trip. I feel the trip had too much bus travel between cities. A shorter less involved trip might have made things better. The worst part of the trip was knowing the tour guide felt pressured to push us and encourage us not to drink too many liquids so we wouldn't need to stop for washroom visits. It was a grueling trip and convinced me not to go on another Insight Vacations tour in Europe.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Your Journey Begins
- Day 2: Welcome to Madrid.
- Day 3: Madrid of the Bourbons.
- Day 4: Segovia and Golden Salamanca.
- Day 5: Porto, Grande Dame on the Douro.
- Day 6: Holy Fátima, Ancient Obidos and Lisbon.
- Day 7: Lisbon and the Age of the Great Discoveries.
- Day 8: Seville, the City of Carmen.
- Day 9: Free Time and Flamenco in Seville.
- Day 10: Head for Gibraltar, the Costa del Sol and Mijas.
- Day 11: At Leisure on the Costa del Sol.
- Day 12: Dining with Locals and the Alhambra.
- Day 13: On to Valencia.
- Day 14: Along the coast to Peñíscola and on to Barcelona.
- Day 15: Barcelona Sightseeing.
- Day 16: Depart Barcelona.
TransportRated Good by past passengers
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!Ask a question
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Lynette13th February 2018
NO CREDIT CARD FEES
Best of Spain and Portugal (Summer 2018, 16 Days)
Select Departure Month
- Upcoming departures
- March 2018
- April 2018
- May 2018
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
STARTENDSEATS LEFTSAVE NOW PRICE
- FridayMar 30, 2018from Madrid16 DaysSaturdayApr 14, 2018to Barcelona10+ seats leftUSD $3,995
- FridayApr 6, 2018from Madrid16 DaysSaturdayApr 21, 2018to Barcelona10+ seats leftUSD $3,995
- FridayApr 13, 2018from Madrid16 DaysSaturdayApr 28, 2018to Barcelona10+ seats leftUSD $3,995
- FridayApr 20, 2018from Madrid16 DaysSaturdayMay 5, 2018to Barcelona8 seats leftUSD $3,995
- ThursdayApr 26, 2018from Madrid16 DaysFridayMay 11, 2018to Barcelona10+ seats leftUSD $3,995
- FridayApr 27, 2018from Madrid16 DaysSaturdayMay 12, 2018to Barcelona9 seats leftUSD $3,995
- SaturdayApr 28, 2018from Madrid16 DaysSundayMay 13, 2018to Barcelona9 seats leftUSD $3,995
- ThursdayMay 3, 2018from Madrid16 DaysFridayMay 18, 2018to Barcelona10+ seats leftUSD $3,995
- FridayMay 4, 2018from Madrid16 DaysSaturdayMay 19, 2018to Barcelona7 seats leftUSD $3,995
- SaturdayMay 5, 2018from Madrid16 DaysSundayMay 20, 2018to Barcelona8 seats leftUSD $3,995
Show more departures
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Useful things to know before you go
- EuroSpain and Portugal
Plugs & Adapters
Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
These are only indications, so please visit your doctor before you travel to be 100% sure.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Spain and Portugal. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Madrid is the starting point and Barcelona is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Insight Vacations to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $200 to confirm this Insight Vacations booking. The remaining balance is then payable 50 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 10 May 2018 the full payment of $3,586 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 50 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $3586 for Best of Spain and Portugal (Summer 2018, 16 Days), but the deposit of $200 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Insight Vacations tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
Covering a total distance of approx 2,111 km.
- Madrid (Spain)
- 69 km
- Segovia (Spain)
- 130 km
- Salamanca (Spain)
- 250 km
- Porto (Portugal)
- 171 km
- Fatima (Portugal)
- 52 km
- Obidos (Portugal)
- 71 km
- Lisbon (Portugal)
- 313 km
- Seville (Spain)
- 158 km
- Torremolinos (Spain)
- 45 km
- Alfarnatejo (Spain)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $3,586 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 7,433 tours in Europe
- covered by 191 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 50 days prior to the departure date.
- 2 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Best of Spain and Portugal (Summer 2018, 16 Days)