Mediterranean Highlights (Start Madrid, 13 Days)
- Our saving
- US $ 2,888
- Tour an authentic French Perfumery
- Drink sangria in Barcelona
- Lean on the leaning Tower of Pisa
- Try world famous gelato in Rome
- Age range
- 18 to 35 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Train & Rail, Coach / Bus
- Travel style
- Discovery, Coach / Bus
- Rather Poor
- KKKylieWritten on January 15, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Contiki has such an established presence and a wide bandwidth of experience as a tour group that I truly felt like a VIP traveler. Martina Musso, our Trip Manager, was simultaneously our logistics guide, a refreshing and inspirational presence, an unending... Read more
- LCLauraWritten on January 14, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
I had a fabulous time on the Mediterranean Highlights tour in May/June 2017! Amazing sights with great people and a fantastic, enthusiastic and very organised tour manager. Hearing the day song now still brings back great memories!
- MLMargoWritten on July 3, 20174.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
I had such an amazing contiki experience. Was honestly the best trip I have ever been on in my life. I learnt so much about the various countries and their history. I met the most amazing people and saw the most beautiful sights. Nihar is a fantastic guide... Read more
- BBryanWritten on July 3, 20174.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
If it wasn't for Nihar, the tour would have been very average. What a tour guide? Very well informed about the places we visited and was always keen to go to different places with us! What a champ!
- HHamishWritten on July 3, 20174.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
The trip of a life time! Nihar was an amazing tour guide and would recommend to any and all travellers to Europe. His knowledge and enthusiasm for the regions we visited was amazing. He always went above and beyond to ensure everyone was enjoying their... Read more
- KIKarlaWritten on July 3, 20175.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Nihar was amazing. He is very knowledgeable about every spot we visit. He knew about the history and always had a recomendation about cool places to eat or hangout. He also had really good playlists for the roadtrips.
- RLRebeccaWritten on July 2, 20175.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
I had the most amazing time! Nihar taught me so much and was an amazing tour guide. He really cared about all our well beings, he was funny, and very approachable. Everything went very smoothly and he was very organized.
- LLisaWritten on July 2, 20175.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
I had the best tour with Nihar as our trip manager. Nihar had a lot knowledge on our destinations and told the history in a fun way. It is evident that he takes a lot of pride in his work.
- ETElenaWritten on May 9, 20175.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
I went on the Mediterranean highlights tour with Maite. I was extremely impressed at Maite's ability to relate to all types and groups of people. She was always inviting and made sure no one felt left out. She made a conscious effort every day to talk to... Read more
- MMatthewWritten on May 7, 20175.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
The best time of my life!! She's amazing, 10/10 would recommend!
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Arrive Madrid
- Day 2: Madrid
- Day 3: Madrid to Barcelona via Zaragoza
- Day 4: Barcelona
- Day 5: Barcelona to Avignon
- Day 6: Avignon to French Riviera via Aix en provence and Monaco
- Day 7: French Riviera
- Day 8: French Riviera to Pisa via Cinque Terre
- Day 9: Pisa to Florence
- Day 10: Florence
- Day 11: Florence to Rome via San Gimignano
- Day 12: Rome with Vatican City
- Day 13: Depart Rome
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Western Europe Travel Guide
- In-Depth Explorer
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
What time does the trip begin and end? So, I can plan my flights.
This trip begins in the afternoon in Madrid, so you can arrive on day one up until the afternoon.
I wouldn't recommend flying in much later than 4pm. You'll meet your tour leader in the hotel in Madrid on the first evening, usually around 6pm, but before travelling, you will receive very clear instructions about this with your travel documents.
Guides who have led this tour
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Karina13th October 2018
Mediterranean Highlights (Start Madrid, 13 Days)
- Upcoming departures
- December 2018
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- SaturdayJun 29, 2019from Madrid13 DaysThursdayJul 11, 2019to Rome10+ seats left$116USD $2,888
- SaturdayJul 13, 2019from Madrid13 DaysThursdayJul 25, 2019to Rome10+ seats left$118USD $2,959
- SaturdayAug 17, 2019from Madrid13 DaysThursdayAug 29, 2019to Rome10+ seats left$116USD $2,893
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- EuroSpain , France , Monaco and Italy
Plugs & Adapters
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Spain. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Madrid is the starting point and Rome is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Contiki to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $200 to confirm this Contiki booking. The remaining balance is then payable 45 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 31 January 2019 the full payment of $2,888 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $2888 for Mediterranean Highlights (Start Madrid, 13 Days), but the deposit of $200 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Contiki tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Madrid (Spain)
- 505 km
- Barcelona (Spain)
- 357 km
- Avignon (France)
- 69 km
- Aix-En-Provence (France)
- 148 km
- Nice (France)
- 13 km
- Monaco (Monaco)
- 1 km
- Monte Carlo (Monaco)
- 6 km
- Cote D'azur (France)
- 182 km
- Cinque Terra (Italy)
- 5 km
- Monterosso al Mare (Italy)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $2,888 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 10,089 tours in Europe
- covered by 310 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior to the departure date.
- 45 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Mediterranean Highlights (Start Madrid, 13 Days)