London & Paris plus Amsterdam
- Our saving
- US $ 1,301
Unlock $33 in extra savingsCheck availability
24/7 Customer SupportAsk a question
David "Our trip was amazing, which was due in no small part to our tour guide Lasse. He presented as professional, organised and full of local knowledge which only enhanced our trip. The flexibility of Contiki allows for the guides to tailor trips as required, which allowed our group to spend Bastille Day in Paris, which was one of the trips highlights! The tours and meals which were included in our pa..."
- Discover bustling London
- Enjoy a West-End musical
- Stroll the gardens of Versailles palace
- Take a relaxing canal cruise in Amsterdam
- Age range
- 18 to 35 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Train & Rail, Coach / Bus, Ferry
- Physical Rating
Start in London and end in Amsterdam! With the in-depth cultural tour London & Paris plus Amsterdam, you have a 9 day tour package taking you from London to Amsterdam and through London, England and 3 other destinations in Europe. London & Paris plus Amsterdam includes accommodation in a hotel as well as an expert guide, meals, transport and more.
- Rather Poor
- SStephanieWritten on April 22, 20174.5 - ExcellentI was a bit nervous booking my first ever solo Europe trip with Contiki. I had heard lots of mixed information from people who had travelled with Contiki. I decided to go along with them and hope for the best. Now that I'm home and vacation is over I wish it had never ended. I did London, Paris, plus Amsterdam Trip in April and it was the best time ever! I was able to check several things off my bucket list while meeting some pretty amazing people along the way! Our tour guide Ebony was amazing!! She was super friendly and always did her best to tend to all of our needs. As for our bus driver Pedro he definitely deserves credit!! The streets in Europe are crazy and I always felt safe on his coach. The hotels were not what I expected, a little small, but on trips like this less time spent in the hotel rooms and more time exploring so, size isn't a big deal. I will definitely be using Contiki again and hope to see Ebony and Pedro :)Show detailed ratings
- RHRobertWritten on April 4, 20174.5 - ExcellentI did the London, Paris, and Amsterdam Contiki tour for New Year's and had an amazing time with new friends thanks to the tireless efforts of Contiki's employees. Most notably our tour guide Megs Chandler, who's unparalleled excellence in all aspects of her job ensured that the experience couldn't have been anything short of extraordinary. I would absolutely recommend Contiki to anyone, and would recommend Megs doubly-so.Show detailed ratings
- Aaaronpecina@icloud.comWritten on December 3, 20164.5 - ExcellentThis was my first contiki vacation & It was the trip of my life . Kassie Jones was our trip manager , she went above & beyond to makes sure all of us have the time of our lives. I will definitely take another contiki trip in the near future .Show detailed ratings
- NANicoleWritten on August 5, 20164.0 - GoodRecently went on the London, Paris plus Amsterdam extension and had the time of my life. Our tour guide was informative and friendly, always wanting to ensure everyone had a smile on their face. Everything was organised from the start to the finish with lots of optional activities and time for solo exploring. As it was my first contiki of which I thoroughly enjoyed, it's safe to say it won't be my last !Show detailed ratings
- AAbbyWritten on August 3, 20165.0 - ExcellentThis trip was one of the best experiences of my life! I went as a solo traveler and was a little nervous, but ended up making the greatest memories and some great friends. Our guide, Lasse, couldn't have been better. He is a big part of what made the trip so unforgettable - he went above and beyond every chance he could. Everything was well organized which made everything so easy. Accommodations were good. The only (slight) complaint I have is that the hotels in Paris and Amsterdam were kind of far away from the center of things, but I guess that's what made them so affordable. They were, however, located very close to metro/tram stations, so it was still very easy to get to everything. Overall fantastic experience, and I would definitely do another Contiki tour in the future.Show detailed ratings
- DDavidWritten on August 2, 20164.5 - ExcellentThe trip I attended met my expectations and more, thanks mostly to our tour guide, Lasse.Show detailed ratings
- DSDavidWritten on August 2, 20164.5 - ExcellentOur trip was amazing, which was due in no small part to our tour guide Lasse. He presented as professional, organised and full of local knowledge which only enhanced our trip. The flexibility of Contiki allows for the guides to tailor trips as required, which allowed our group to spend Bastille Day in Paris, which was one of the trips highlights! The tours and meals which were included in our package were great value for money and were all prebooked. I would recommend that everyone does a contiki at least once and hope that yoy get an exceptional guide like Lasse!Show detailed ratings
- MGMiriamWritten on June 26, 20165.0 - ExcellentIt was awesome. Tarryn was the best tour guide, she has so much knowledge and passion for every place she shows us!Show detailed ratings
- SShavonWritten on June 23, 20164.0 - GoodAwesome trip! Awesome guide! Tarryn went out of her way to be accommodating!Show detailed ratings
- KKellyWritten on September 25, 20151.5 - Rather poorIf I could use one word to describe this tour, and Contiki as a whole, it would be "misleading." I was aware that the majority of the trip would be "free time" that only included occasional tour group activities -- which is exactly what I wanted. However, when I first came upon this tour package a lot of the information about trip inclusions was extremely misleading. The info would use words like "See Buckingham Palace, Visit the Louvre, etc". This lead me to believe that entrance to the sites would be included in the overall price I paid for the trip, whether or not they were schedule group outings or things I could do on my own. This was not the case. This misleading information, along with the carelessly organized and execution of the itinerary, left me with a lot of wasted time in the countries I visited. I called months before the trip to confirm that a detailed itinerary would be sent to me before departure. Because if you really think about it you’re shelling out $2,000 for a trip that you have no clue what’s actually included in the price – that’s a lot to ask of any person. But I was promised I was promised by Contiki that this itinerary would include a detailed breakdown of what was included each day and would come in the mail 2 weeks before the trip. This was also untrue. When I received my itinerary in the mail it was just a paper document of everything I had already read online which was a vague outline of the trip. When I arrived in London I got there 8 hours before the tour actually started and could have spent all that time actually doing tours of the sites. However, I waited because I was under the impression Contiki would be providing me entrance to many of the sites. Since I was grossly mislead on this factor, I wasted an entire day in London. When I finally did get my itinerary on site in London at the tour meeting, it was not the organized and well thought out schedule I was hoping for. Instead, it was a poorly handwritten piece of paper that everyone had to pass around and take pictures on their phone because the tour guide didn’t make copies for everyone. It was during this initial tour meeting that I was also shocked to learn that our travel from London to Paris was going to take 12 HOURS. We were to meet at the bus at 6am and wouldn’t arrive in Paris until 7pm. When I had called Contiki to inquire months previous to the trip, I had also questioned the travel in between countries. I get extremely motion sick so this was a huge concern of mine. I was told that the travel between countries would never exceed 4-5 hours, which I felt was doable. This was now the second time in a day that I realized Contiki made a lot of promises they didn’t intend to keep. I immediately booked a Eurostar train from London to Paris that cost me $300 USD so that I wouldn’t A. have to endure a torturous bus ride and B. waste an entire day on a bus when I could use that time exploring. Again, another example of how a lot of time went to waste with this tour. The activities that were included in London were a joke. They said we would take a bus tour on our first night there. Little did we know that a bus tour meant at 9pm at night, in the dark, when you can’t see anything they’re telling you about. Also, this wasn’t a professional bus tour. It was led by the Contiki tour guide who, upon entering the bus, asked the driver if he was familiar with her tour route – he wasn’t. I felt very cheated. Not to mention that if I had only known a head of time that virtually NOTHING was planned, I would have spent a lot more time creating my own itinerary. Since I was misled to believe that Contiki had a lot of inclusions, I was not given the chance to fully utilize my already limited time in each country. Also, the hotel in London didn’t have AC or enough fans to accommodate each guest so it was almost unbearable to sleep at night. Unlike London, the Paris portion had a lot of activities planned whether they were included or at an extra cost (which most did). This left NO time to plan anything you wanted to do on your own. Where in London we had way too much unplanned time (due to Contiki’s inability to properly communicate a schedule a head of time). So many of my tour mates, and myself, were left very annoyed. Also, we didn’t receive this itinerary until we arrived in Paris. Again, it was handwritten and thrown together last minute by the tour guide. I know this because I asked her while I was in London for the Paris itinerary since I was travelling spate from the group and she couldn’t give it to me because she hadn’t planned it yet. The two highlights of this tour were the Moulin Rouge and the “farewell” dinner in Montmartre. However, please note that collectively these two activities were close to an additional $300 USD. We had one young girl in the trip, she was 18, who could not afford to attend these two main events because she thought they were already included in the price she paid and was not prepared with enough money to join in the fun. I thought that was so sad that she had to stay in her hotel because Contiki lied. We were also told that if you went to the “Contiki basement” you could purchase cheaper tickets than you would at the actual tourist spot. Also not true. The ticket prices were the same and you had to navigate to the location of the Contiki basement which was very difficult to find. The one defense I could give this tour is that once I added up the cost of hotel rooms, travel, and the few activities that actually were included the tour did pay for itself. That still didn’t leave me feeling any better that I could have more effectively used my time if Contiki had just been upfront and honest. Overall, my advice to anyone considering a Contiki tour would be to only rely on them for booking your hotel rooms. That’s pretty much the only part of the tour they followed through on. But after this experience I will personally never give Contiki another dollar of my money.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Arrive London
- Day 1 - 3: London
- Day 4: London to Paris
- Day 4 - 6: Paris
- Day 6 - 8: Paris to Amsterdam
- Day 9: Depart Amsterdam
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Optional Extras
- Easy Pace: take it slow with Contiki
- Western Europe Travel Guide
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!Ask a question
Guides who have led this tour
- "With so many places in the world to explore it was always hard to stay in one place. Travelling is the..."
- "So when I moved to Switzerland to study in 2006 - little did I know it would end up changing every plan..."
- "Hi everyone, I am a happy and enthusiastic Dane, who loves showing the beauty of Scandinavia and Europe..."
- "Growing up in the most isolated city in the world, it was like a right of passage to travel half way..."
- "From what started out as a short 2 month trip back in 2010, has now turned into a lifestyle for me. Before..."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Lynne5th September 2017
NO CREDIT CARD FEES
London & Paris plus Amsterdam
STARTENDOUR SAVING PRICE SPACE LEFT
- SaturdayNov 4, 2017from LondonSundayNov 12, 2017in AmsterdamOur saving$45PriceUSD $1,809Based on Twin Room0 spaces left
- SaturdayNov 18, 2017from LondonSundayNov 26, 2017in AmsterdamOur saving$45PriceUSD $1,809Based on Twin Room10+ spaces left
- SaturdayDec 2, 2017from LondonSundayDec 10, 2017in AmsterdamOur saving$45PriceUSD $1,809Based on Twin Room0 spaces left
- SaturdayDec 16, 2017from LondonSundayDec 24, 2017in AmsterdamOur saving$46PriceUSD $1,859Based on Twin Room0 spaces left
- WednesdayDec 27, 2017from LondonThursdayJan 4, 2018in AmsterdamOur saving$590Price$1,859-30%USD $1,301Based on Twin Room10+ spaces left
- SaturdayDec 30, 2017from LondonSundayJan 7, 2018in AmsterdamOur saving$46PriceUSD $1,859Based on Twin Room10+ spaces left
- SaturdayJan 6, 2018from LondonSundayJan 14, 2018in AmsterdamOur saving$46PriceUSD $1,859Based on Twin Room0 spaces left
- SaturdayJan 20, 2018from LondonSundayJan 28, 2018in AmsterdamOur saving$44PriceUSD $1,765Based on Twin Room10+ spaces left
- SaturdayFeb 17, 2018from LondonSundayFeb 25, 2018in AmsterdamOur saving$44PriceUSD $1,765Based on Twin Room0 spaces leftSold outSee similar tours on this date
- SaturdayMar 17, 2018from LondonSundayMar 25, 2018in AmsterdamOur saving$45PriceUSD $1,795Based on Twin Room10+ spaces left
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Useful things to know before you go
- Pound sterlingEngland
- EuroFrance and Netherlands
Plugs & Adapters
Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
- London is the starting point and Amsterdam is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Contiki to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $200 to confirm this Contiki booking. The remaining balance is then payable 45 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 3 December 2017 the full payment of $1,301 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1301 for London & Paris plus Amsterdam, but the deposit of $200 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Contiki tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
Covering a total distance of approx 802 km.
- London (England)
- 109 km
- Dover (England)
- 263 km
- Paris (France)
- 430 km
- Amsterdam (Netherlands)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,301 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 6,421 tours in Europe
- covered by 165 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior to the departure date.
- 28,116 travellers have already met
before they left for their Europe tour
Download TourRadar Meet App
- 12 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on London & Paris plus Amsterdam