Start planning your tour
- Day 1: Start Guwahati, Assam.
- Day 2: Drive to Cherrapunjee in Meghalaya; visit Nakikhai Falls and Mawsmi Cave en route
- Day 3: Optional walk through the Khasi hills to the double-decker living root bridge; por free time to relax
- Day 4: Visit Mawphlang village for the Sacred Forest; drive to Shillong; walking tour
- Day 5: Drive to Kaziranga National Park in Assam via the Don Bosco Centre for Indigenous Cultures.
- Day 6: Morning and afternoon jeep safaris in search of the one-horned rhino.
- Day 7: Drive to the picturesque town of Kohima.
- Day 8: Celebrate the annual Hornbill Festival at Kohima.
- Day 9: Hornbill Festival at Kohima.
- Day 10: Morning to explore Kohima including the war cemetery; then drive to Jorhat
- Day 11: Ferry to Majuli crossing the mightly Brahmaputra River; visit the village of the Mishing tribe.
- Day 12: Early morning walk in the wetlands; on to Dibrugarh via Sivasagar
- Day 13: Fly to Kolkata; afternoon sightseeing including Victoria Memorial and Kali Temple.
- Day 14: End Kolkata.
- Additional Services
- Additional Services
Where You'll Stay
Reviews About This Operator
- RoswithaNovember 18, 2019Perfect trip, Joseph and the other 2 guys were very kind and helpfull, they always tried to make the trip as comfortable as possible for us. Hotels were great, except the one in Ooty looked more like a business hotel, very 'cold' atmospher. Hotel in... Show more
- JuliaApril 29, 2019We had a great time. It was a full on tour and we saw and experienced everything and more than expected. Naveen was the best tour leader and he made us feel safe and part of a big family. He made it all go very smoothly and kept us all on schedule... Show more
- DeborahDecember 10, 2019Only concern was several long days of travel that were not identified in the tour info/ notes.
Assam Explorer - Hornbill Festival
From Guwahati to Kolkata (Calcutta)
No credit cards fees
Select a departure month
Select The Travel Month
- WednesdayNov 25, 2020TuesdayDec 8, 2020Sharing a twin roomHold space for 48h$3,449
- SaturdayNov 28, 2020FridayDec 11, 2020Sharing a twin roomHold space for 48h$3,499
- TuesdayDec 1, 2020MondayDec 14, 2020Hold space for 48h$3,449
- WednesdayNov 24, 2021TuesdayDec 7, 2021Sharing a twin roomHold space for 48h$3,579
- SaturdayNov 27, 2021FridayDec 10, 2021Sharing a twin roomHold space for 48h$3,649
- TuesdayNov 30, 2021MondayDec 13, 2021Sharing a twin roomHold space for 48h$3,579
- Do I need a visa for this tour?
- Is travel insurance recommended?
- Is there a guide?
- Are meals included?
- Is transport included?
Good to Know
- About the country
- Payment information
- Cancellation Policy
- Discover TourRadar