Best of Japan Economy
- Our saving
- US $ 2,953
- +9 Destinations
- Central Japan
- Age range
- 12 to 99 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Physical Rating
- Travel style
- In-depth Cultural
- Samurai Tours
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- DAY 1: Arrive Tokyo
- DAY 2: Tokyo - Tokyo Tower, Ginza, Asakusa
- DAY 3: Free Day in Tokyo
- DAY 4: Kamakura - Kotukuin (Great Buddha), Hase-dera, Hokokuin (Bamboo Temple), Hakone Yumoto Onsen
- DAY 5: Hakone, Travel to Takayama
- DAY 6: Takayama - Morning Markets, Takayama Jinya, San-machi-suji
- DAY 7: Shirakawa-go, Kanazawa
- DAY 8: Kanazawa - Kenrokuen Garden, Kanazawa Handicrafts Museum, Naga-machi Samurai District
- DAY 9: Travel to Hiroshima, Hiroshima - Peace Park and Museum
- DAY 10: Miyajima Island - Mt. Misen Ropeway, Itsukushima Shrine; Kyoto
- DAY 11: Kyoto - Nijo Castle, Kinkakuji (Golden Pavilion), Nishiki Koji, Tea Ceremony
- DAY 12: Fushimi - Fushimi Inari Shrine, Higashiyama District, Yasaka Shrine, Gion Geisha District, Kenninji Temple
- DAY 13: Return Home
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Rather Poor
- SvetlanaWritten on September 16, 20194.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Unexpected well-organized and accommodative. All our guides were spoken English very well. They were very passionate and knowledgeable of Japan, and we have learned a lot about Japanese culture, business, economics and past history. Yoriko the guide in... Read moreReview collected by Samurai Tours
- NANCYWritten on August 2, 20195.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
This tour was exactly what we wanted and exceeded our expectations. All 5 of our main guides were exceptional. Very knowledgable, funny and polite. The accommodation was very good and it was nice to have breakfasts included. Any other meals included were... Read moreReview collected by Samurai Tours
- ChristopherWritten on July 9, 20195.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
The tour guides were wonderful. My son and I enjoyed the trip. He was so looking forward to it, he was expecting the trip of a lifetime and was not disappointed.Review collected by Samurai Tours
- AnonymousWritten on June 1, 20185.0 - Excellent
What a fantastic tour by the friendly and helpful folks at Samurai Tours. This tour was so much better than the description in the itinerary. We visited UNESCO World Heritage Sites, temples, shrines, restaurants, outdoor markets, parks, gardens, onsens,... Read moreShow detailed ratingsSamurai Tours commented on this reviewThank you so much for your review! Nothing makes us more excited than happy customers. And I will pass on your praises to the guides. They are really what makes Samurai Tours great in my opinion. And thanks for your tips. We are very different from a bus tour company and I love our way of traveling with public transportation but it does mean some walking. It was a pleasure helping you explore Japan. Please let us know if we can ever be of assistance again.
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Do I need a visa for this tour?
Visa requirements are always changing so it is best to contact your local embassy or consulate for the most up-to-date information.
Is travel insurance recommended?
Travel insurance is highly recommended. TourRadar has partnered with World Nomads to ensure you are adequately covered whilst travelling. For more information please contact our Travel Experts.
Is there a guide?
A guide will accompany you on the tour.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Rosemary7th September 2019
Best of Japan Economy
- ThursdayJan 16, 2020from Tokyo13 DaysTuesdayJan 28, 2020to Kyoto0 seats left$91USD $2,953Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- ThursdayFeb 13, 2020from Tokyo13 DaysTuesdayFeb 25, 2020to Kyoto10+ seats left$91USD $2,953Sharing a twin room
- ThursdayMar 19, 2020from Tokyo13 DaysTuesdayMar 31, 2020to Kyoto10+ seats left$109USD $3,535Sharing a twin room
- ThursdayMar 26, 2020from Tokyo13 DaysTuesdayApr 7, 2020to Kyoto10+ seats left$117USD $3,777Sharing a twin room
- ThursdayApr 2, 2020from Tokyo13 DaysTuesdayApr 14, 2020to Kyoto10+ seats left$109USD $3,535Sharing a twin room
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Japanese B encephalitis
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Tokyo is the starting point and Kyoto is the endpoint.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- For any tour departing before 17 January 2020 a full payment is necessary. For tours departing after 17 January 2020, a minimum payment of 20% is required to confirm your booking with Samurai Tours. The final payment will be automatically charged to your credit card on the designated due date. The final payment of the remaining balance is required at least 60 days days prior to the departure date of your tour. TourRadar never charges you a booking fee and will charge you in the stated currency.
- Cancellation policy
- TourRadar is an authorised Agent of Samurai Tours. Please familiarise yourself with the Samurai Tours payment, cancellation and refund conditions.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Samurai Tours will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Payment methods
- The following cards are accepted for Samurai Tours : Visa, Maestro, Mastercard, American Express or PayPal. TourRadar does NOT charge you an extra fee for using any of these payment methods.
- Tokyo (Japan)
- 47 km
- Kamakura (Japan)
- 47 km
- Hakone (Japan)
- 190 km
- Takayama (Japan)
- 35 km
- Shirakawa (Japan)
- 38 km
- Kanazawa (Japan)
- 451 km
- Hiroshima (Japan)
- 20 km
- Miyajima Island (Japan)
- 329 km
- Kyoto (Japan)
- 8 km
- Fushimi (Japan)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $2,953 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 13,734 tours in Asia
- covered by 876 different operators in Asia
- Use Discounts and Credits*
- Past passenger discounts or credits, early-bird savings, child discounts, and multi-person discounts offered by the tour operator may be applicable when you book with TourRadar. *Discounts and credits are subject to the tour operator terms and conditions.
- 52,665 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Asia tours