Best of Japan
- Ville Grandin's review about another Samurai Tours tour4.5 - Excellent
Very good hotels and included meals. All the transport is public and a few times I think a private transport would have saved alot of time. A bit more time was spent on transport than neccessary. We had several guides and they were all great. They all were... Read more
- Michelle Coote's review about another Samurai Tours tour5.0 - Excellent
Great tour, great local guides all the way - all of them went above and beyond to make the experience memorable. Only suggestion for improvement would have been to include a guided activity for part of the "free day" as finding our own way to the ropeway... Read more
- Review about another Samurai Tours tour5.0 - Excellent
What a fantastic tour by the friendly and helpful folks at Samurai Tours. This tour was so much better than the description in the itinerary. We visited UNESCO World Heritage Sites, temples, shrines, restaurants, outdoor markets, parks, gardens, onsens,... Read more
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- DAY 1: Arrive Tokyo
- DAY 2: Tokyo - Tokyo Tower, Ginza, Asakusa
- DAY 3: Free Day in Tokyo
- DAY 4: Tokyo, Hakone, Hakone Ropeway, Hakone Lake Ashi Sightseeing Boats, Hakone Yumoto Onsen
- DAY 5: Nagoya - Takugawa Art Museum, Travel to Takayama
- DAY 6: Takayama - Miyagawa Morning Market, Jinyamae Morning Market, Takayama Jinya, San-machi-suji District
- DAY 7: Travel to Koya-san, Overnight at a Buddhist Temple
- DAY 8: Koya-san - Morning Prayer Service, Okunoin Cemetery and Temple, Garan Temple Complex; Travel to Osaka
- DAY 9: Himeji Castle; Travel to Miyajima Island
- DAY 10: Miyajima Island - Free Day
- DAY 11: Hiroshima - Peace Park and Museum; Travel to Kyoto
- DAY 12: Kyoto - Nijo Castle, Kinkakuji (Golden Pavilion), Nishiki Koji, Tea Ceremony
- DAY 13: Fushimi - Fushimi Inari Shrine, Higashiyama District, Yasaka Shrine, Gion Geisha District
- DAY 14: Kyoto - Free Day, Sayonora Dinner and Meet a Maiko Session
- DAY 15: Home
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!Ask a question
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Anna9th July 2018
Best of Japan
- SundayMar 31, 2019from Tokyo15 DaysSundayApr 14, 2019to Kyoto0 seats leftUSD $4,505Sold outSee similar tours on this date
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Japanese B encephalitis
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Tokyo is the starting point and Kyoto is the endpoint.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $99 to confirm this Samurai Tours booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 23 May 2019 the full payment of $0 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $0 for Best of Japan, but the deposit of $99 is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Samurai Tours will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Samurai Tours : Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Tokyo (Japan)
- 84 km
- Hakone (Japan)
- 193 km
- Nagoya (Japan)
- 112 km
- Takayama (Japan)
- 263 km
- Koya-san (Japan)
- 54 km
- Osaka (Japan)
- 76 km
- Himeji (Japan)
- 228 km
- Miyajima Island (Japan)
- 20 km
- Hiroshima (Japan)
- 311 km
- Kyoto (Japan)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $0 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,328 tours in Asia
- covered by 624 different operators in Asia
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Best of Japan via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 39,736 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Asia tours