Best of Japan
- Our saving
- US $ 3,923
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- DAY 1: Arrive Tokyo
- DAY 2: Tokyo - Tokyo Tower, Ginza, Asakusa
- DAY 3: Free Day in Tokyo
- DAY 4: Tokyo, Hakone, Hakone Ropeway, Hakone Lake Ashi Sightseeing Boats, Hakone Yumoto Onsen
- DAY 5: Nagoya - Takugawa Art Museum, Travel to Takayama
- DAY 6: Takayama – Miyagawa Morning Market, Jinyamae Morning Market, Takayama Jinya, San-machi-suji District, Free Afternoon
- DAY 7: Travel to Koya-san, Overnight at a Buddhist Temple
- DAY 8: Koya-san - Morning Prayer Service, Okunoin Cemetery and Temple, Garan Temple Complex; Travel to Osaka
- DAY 9: Travel to Himeji; Tour Himeji - Himeji Castle, Kokoen Garden; Travel to Miyajima Island
- DAY 10: Miyajima Island - Free Day
- DAY 11: Hiroshima - Peace Park and Museum; Travel to Kyoto
- DAY 12: Kyoto - Kyoto – Nijo Castle, Kinkakuji (Golden Pavilion), Nishiki Koji, Tea Ceremony and Rakugo in English Performance
- DAY 13: Fushimi - Fushimi Inari Shrine, Higashiyama District, Yasaka Shrine, Gion Geisha District
- DAY 14: Kyoto – Free Day, Meet a Maiko Session, Sayonora Dinner
- DAY 15: Return Home
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Average by past passengers
TransportRated Good by past passengers
- Rather Poor
- JAJohnWritten on April 12, 20194.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
I think that the trip to Hiroshima should have been an optional trip. Too much time was spent there and we could have had more time in Kyoto. There were no evening activities planned and I think there could have been.
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Do I need a visa for this tour?
Visa requirements are always changing so it is best to contact your local embassy or consulate for the most up-to-date information.
Is travel insurance recommended?
Travel insurance is highly recommended. TourRadar has partnered with World Nomads to ensure you are adequately covered whilst travelling. For more information please contact our Travel Experts.
Is there a guide?
A guide will accompany you on the tour.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Marjorie8th October 2019
Best of Japan
- SundayJan 12, 2020from Tokyo15 DaysSundayJan 26, 2020to Kyoto0 seats left$121USD $3,923Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- SundayFeb 9, 2020from Tokyo15 DaysSundayFeb 23, 2020to Kyoto10+ seats left$121USD $3,923Sharing a twin room
- SundayMar 15, 2020from Tokyo15 DaysSundayMar 29, 2020to Kyoto10+ seats left$154USD $4,970Sharing a twin room
- SundayMar 22, 2020from Tokyo15 DaysSundayApr 5, 2020to Kyoto10+ seats left$162USD $5,232Sharing a twin room
- SundayMar 29, 2020from Tokyo15 DaysSundayApr 12, 2020to Kyoto10+ seats left$162USD $5,232Sharing a twin room
- SundayApr 5, 2020from Tokyo15 DaysSundayApr 19, 2020to KyotoOnly 2 seats left$154USD $4,990Sharing a twin room
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Japanese B encephalitis
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Tokyo is the starting point and Kyoto is the endpoint.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- For any tour departing before 13 January 2020 a full payment is necessary. For tours departing after 13 January 2020, a minimum payment of 20% is required to confirm your booking with Samurai Tours. The final payment will be automatically charged to your credit card on the designated due date. The final payment of the remaining balance is required at least 60 days days prior to the departure date of your tour. TourRadar never charges you a booking fee and will charge you in the stated currency.
- Cancellation policy
- TourRadar is an authorised Agent of Samurai Tours. Please familiarise yourself with the Samurai Tours payment, cancellation and refund conditions.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Samurai Tours will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Payment methods
- The following cards are accepted for Samurai Tours : Visa, Maestro, Mastercard, American Express or PayPal. TourRadar does NOT charge you an extra fee for using any of these payment methods.
- Tokyo (Japan)
- 84 km
- Hakone (Japan)
- 193 km
- Nagoya (Japan)
- 112 km
- Takayama (Japan)
- 263 km
- Koya-san (Japan)
- 54 km
- Osaka (Japan)
- 76 km
- Himeji (Japan)
- 228 km
- Miyajima Island (Japan)
- 20 km
- Hiroshima (Japan)
- 311 km
- Kyoto (Japan)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $3,923 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 13,643 tours in Asia
- covered by 877 different operators in Asia
- Use Discounts and Credits*
- Past passenger discounts or credits, early-bird savings, child discounts, and multi-person discounts offered by the tour operator may be applicable when you book with TourRadar. *Discounts and credits are subject to the tour operator terms and conditions.
- 1 Genuine Review
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Best of Japan