Abu Simbel Sun Festival
- Tour Operator:
- Encounters Travel
- Max group size:
- Age range:
- 8 to 95
- Operated in:
- Tour id:
Places You’ll See
- Abu Simbel
- Kom Ombo
Ready-to-book adventures, personalized
Make your adventure more you
Enjoy a tour focused solely on your travel group
Access our Travel Experts’ insider knowledge
Travel within your own bubble
- Day 1 Your Egypt tour begins in Cairo. Airport to hotel transfers included
- Day 2 Visiting the Great Pyramids and Sphinx of Giza
- Day 3 Aswan, Nubian Village and the Philae Temple
- Day 4 The Abu Simbel Sun Festival and a Traditional felucca cruise on the Nile River
- Day 5 Exploring the Kom Ombo and Edfu Temples
- Day 6 Exploring the Valley of the Kings
- Day 7 A visit to the Karnak Temple
- Day 8 Cairo, Khan-el-Khalili bazaar, Al Guri Sufi show
- Day 9 Free time in Cairo. Hotel to airport transfers included
- Additional Services
Where You'll Stay
Operated by Encounters Travel
Encounters Travel is an adventure tour operator, based in the UK but with representatives in Canada, South Africa, Australia and New Zealand. We run a wide selection of cultural and adventurous tours around the world, each carefully designed to help you get the most out of the country you're visiting. Our tours range from historical sightseeing and Nile cruises in Egypt, through to long strenuous treks and white water rafting in Nepal or swimming with whales in Tonga. You can join other travellers on a small group departure, or personalise and tailor-make an itinerary for you to enjoy privately. Whatever your preference, we have a team of experienced travel consultants ready to advise you and help arrange your next great adventure!Read more
- Overall RatingGood
- AAnne MacKenzie· December 30th, 2019The Valley of the Kings and Edfu was a definite highlight but overall it was a great experience!Encounters Travel commented on this reviewThanks for taking the time to get back to us with your tour feedback. We are happy you enjoyed your Abu Simbel Sun Festival holiday and we hope that you'll join us again in the future!Trip date: February 2019Review collected by Encounters Travel
- AKaren Visse· December 30th, 2019Loved the Le Riad Hotel de Charme and the Nubian Village. Great tour!Encounters Travel commented on this reviewThanks for taking the time to get back to us with your tour feedback. We are happy you enjoyed your Abu Simbel Sun Festival holiday and we hope that you'll join us again in the future!Trip date: February 2019Review collected by Encounters Travel
- ADaniel Mairena· December 30th, 2019Loved the staff. More time in Karnak would have been nice though.Encounters Travel commented on this reviewThanks for taking the time to get back to us with your tour feedback. We are happy you enjoyed your Abu Simbel Sun Festival holiday and we hope that you'll join us again in the future!Trip date: February 2019Review collected by Encounters Travel
- AElizabeth Mairena· December 30th, 2019Everything was excellent - from the staff to the tour itself. No complaints!Encounters Travel commented on this reviewThanks for taking the time to get back to us with your tour feedback. We are happy you enjoyed your Abu Simbel Sun Festival holiday and we hope that you'll join us again in the future!Trip date: February 2019Review collected by Encounters Travel
- ALauren Young· December 30th, 2019Meals and rest breaks needs to be prioritised. Waking up at 4am and only having breakfast at 3:30pm is not acceptable. Staying out until 9:30pm and then having to wake up at 4am is not acceptable. Communication between guides and local reps need to be... Show moreTrip date: February 2019Review collected by Encounters Travel
Dates & Availability
Take advantage of our 0% interest instalment plan on selected departures. Learn More
- Get Instant ConfirmationWednesday18 Oct, 2023Thursday26 Oct, 2023English$1,7450% Interest Instalments
Frequently Asked Questions
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!
Good to Know
- Egyptian PoundEgypt
- Plugs & Adapters
As a traveller from USA, Canada, England, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa you will need an adaptor for types C, E, F.
- Type CEgypt
- Type EEgypt
- Type FEgypt
- These are only indications, so please visit your doctor before you travel to be 100% sure.
- Typhoid - Recommended for Egypt. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A - Recommended for Egypt. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B - Recommended for Egypt. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Rabies - Recommended for Egypt. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Yellow fever - Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an infected area for Egypt. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Unfortunately we cannot offer you a visa application service. Whether you need a visa or not depends on your nationality and where you wish to travel. Assuming your home country does not have a visa agreement with the country you're planning to visit, you will need to apply for a visa in advance of your scheduled departure.
- Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
- Payment information
- For any tour departing before May 30th, 2023 a full payment is necessary. For tours departing after May 30th, 2023, a minimum payment of $250 is required to confirm your booking with Encounters Travel. The final payment will be automatically charged to your credit card on the designated due date. The final payment of the remaining balance is required at least 60 days prior to the departure date of your tour. TourRadar never charges you a booking fee and will charge you in the stated currency.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Encounters Travel will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- The following cards are accepted for "Encounters Travel" tours: Visa, Maestro, Mastercard, American Express or PayPal. TourRadar does NOT charge you an extra fee for using any of these payment methods.
- Cancellation Policy
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar is an authorised Agent of Encounters Travel. Please familiarise yourself with the Encounters Travel payment, cancellation and refund conditions.
- AccessibilitySome tours are not suitable for mobility-restricted traveller, however, some operators may be able to accommodate special requests. For any enquiries, you can contact our customer support team, who are ready and waiting to help you.
Keep Exploring Egypt
- Egypt Travel Guide | All You Need to Know
- Complete Safari Packing List: Clothes, Medicines, Gear & Essentials
- 10 Best Cultural Travel Companies & Tour Operators
- 10 Best Cultural Experiences in The World 2023/2024
- Egypt from Cairo
- Egypt In-depth Cultural
- 9 days Egypt
- Operators in Africa
- Valley Of The Kings
- Abu Simbel Sun Festival Tours in Egypt
- In-depth Cultural Tours
- Nile Valley Tours
- Egypt Tours
- In-depth Cultural Tours
- Family Tours
- Private Tours
- Group Tours
- Fully Guided Tours
- Nile Valley
- Valley Of The Kings
- Egypt tours