Sun & Steam
Travel Ready Sale Unlock up to $600 in extra savings
ends in 02:59:11
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
- Marvel at 1000 years old Kauri trees
- Soak in the volcanic landscapes of Auckland
- Explore the glowworm covered Waitomo Caves
- Tour Rotorua’s famous Ohinemutu Village
- Age range
- 18 to 35 year olds
- Hotel, Lodge
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus
- Physical Rating
Start and end in Auckland! With the in-depth cultural tour Sun & Steam, you have a 7 day tour package taking you through Auckland, New Zealand and 3 other destinations in New Zealand. Sun & Steam includes accommodation in a hotel as well as an expert guide, meals, transport and more.
- Rather Poor
- AlyVioletaWritten on December 29, 20144.0 - GoodIt's was an amazing experience and Isobel made it even better, she such a wonderful person and made sure we got the most of our tour and always made sure we were smiling and having fun!Show detailed ratings
- JessWritten on December 27, 20144.5 - ExcellentIsobel is an absolute gem of a tour guide! She gave us the most amazing whirlwind adventure through New Zealand, cannot recommend her enough! Anyone who has her as a guide will be in for a treat!Show detailed ratings
- SOSarahWritten on December 23, 20145.0 - ExcellentIzzy was an amazing tour guide! Was very friendly and fun and made the trip so worthwhileShow detailed ratings
- EEmmaWritten on December 20, 20145.0 - ExcellentAmazing!!!Show detailed ratings
- BBecWritten on December 20, 20145.0 - ExcellentIsobel was amazing, so informative and fun. Made sure that everyone got 110% out of their holiday!Show detailed ratings
- JJmderus@hotmail.comWritten on December 14, 20144.0 - GoodIsobel was amazing ... She made everyone feel so comfortable & took the time to get to know everyone! She is so knowledgeable & always had fun stories to share. Oh & she loves sandwiches!Show detailed ratings
- MichaelWritten on December 13, 20145.0 - ExcellentIsobel was the best! Rotorua was my favShow detailed ratings
- NinjiWritten on November 29, 20145.0 - ExcellentIsobel rocked! Very memorable. Still haven't looked at a sandwich the same way...Show detailed ratings
- TTessWritten on November 15, 20145.0 - ExcellentEvery thing about the sun and stream contiki tour was fabulous and the fact that we had an amazing down to earth and all round extremely personable guide made it unforgettable! I would book another tour knowing Isobel was the guide without even needing to think twice!!!!!Show detailed ratings
- StefanWritten on July 4, 2014Show detailed ratings5.0 - Excellent
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Auckland to Paihia
- Day 2: Paihia
- Day 3: Paihia to Auckland
- Day 4: Auckland to Waitomo
- Day 5: Waitomo to Rotorua
- Day 6: Rotorua
- Day 7: Rotorua to Auckland
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Optional Extras
- New Zealand HD
- Ultime Travel Guide: New Zealand
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!Ask a question
Guides who have led this tour
- "Well hello there, its so nice of you to visit my profile page. Im a double lucky guide as i get to work..."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Darren, 54 years old1st April 2017
About the countries
Useful things to know before you go
- DollarNew Zealand
Plugs & Adapters
Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
- Start and end in Auckland.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Contiki to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $200 to confirm this Contiki booking. The remaining balance is then payable 45 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 2 December 2017 the full payment of $0 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $0 for Sun & Steam, but the deposit of $200 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Contiki tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
Covering a total distance of approx 835 km.
- Auckland (New Zealand)
- 190 km
- Bay of Islands (New Zealand)
- 350 km
- Waitomo Caves (New Zealand)
- 100 km
- Rotorua (New Zealand)
- 194 km
- Auckland (New Zealand)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $0 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 864 tours in Australia/Oceania
- covered by 50 different operators in Australia/Oceania
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior to the departure date.
- 6,231 travellers have already met
before they left for their Australia/Oceania tour
Download TourRadar Meet App
- 11 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Sun & Steam