Corners of Cornwall
- Our saving
- US $ 2,579
- Rather Poor
- BBBGWritten on June 15, 20183.5 - GoodThe itinerary was excellent but there was a bit of backtracking wasting time that could well have been spent at some of the stops if done in an efficient order. The MB Minibus was in excellent shape but the seats made airline coach seem quite spacious. Nether knee/foot room nor width for any but the trim of average or less height. 50% of the hotels were not those advertised. It seems Backroads is not adept at booking sufficiently ahead; some locales do not provide them good alternatives and we customers suffer. One hotel was not that advertised and was quite remote from anywhere except walking paths; taxi service was non-existent during parts of the day, and Back Roads made no provision for anything during that day yet they claim it as a touring day; it was a 'down day' for the drivers mandatory day off! Although not Back Roads problem that hotel also had wifi problems making it unusable for most of the stay. The food itself was usually quite good but Back Roads only pays for 2 of 3 courses when dinner is included, and the choices were Very Limited - that is not the hallmark of 'premium'. The guide and driver were both excellent although the guide was relatively new to Cornwall and unfamiliar with the pitfalls surrounding that out of the way hotel that would be very local knowledge. What could have been a great tour was tempered by Back Roads inability to deliver as advertised, the failures all being on head office. How does this rate against other tours? We did 16 days through Scotland with another small group company and it was like clockwork, as advertised, with brilliant meals and we were never down for a day because of drivers having to take days off.Show detailed ratings
- AAnonymousWritten on June 15, 20183.0 - AverageThe itinerary was very good but there was lots of backtracking where the time could otherwise have been welcomed at some of the stops. It should have been a top touring experience BUT Backroads seems to enjoy neglecting to book the advertised hotels and 50% of the hotels were not those advertised, and one was out of the way on a 'down day' for the driver. It was quite a distance from anywhere and we were essentially left to fend for ourselves. Not even taxi availability during parts of the day! That hotel also had wifi problems making the remoteness worse and they seemed blaise about it. Included dinners were only 2 courses not 3 and many were Very Limited selections. The tour guide and driver were both great.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: London – Wells – Dartmoor National Park
- Day 2: Dartmoor National Park – Port Isaac – Padstow – Falmouth
- Day 3: Falmouth – St Michael's Mount – St Ives – Falmouth
- Day 4: Falmouth – Tregothnan – Fowey
- Day 5: Fowey
- Day 6: Fowey – Lyme Regis – Hawkchurch
- Day 7: Hawkchurch – Salisbury – London
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
AccommodationRated Average by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Rather poor by past passengers
TransportRated Good by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Where does this tour end and at what time?
The tour will end on the last day at the Grange Wellington Hotel at approximately 5:30pm.
Please note this is subject to change until you have received your final travel documents.
Are airport transfers included in the tour price?
Backroads does not include airport transfers in the price of the tour however once you have a confirmed booking we can always request the tour operator to organise them for you for an additional cost.
Where does the tour start and at what time?
The tour will depart from the Grange Wellington 8:30am on day 1 of the tour.
Please note this is subject to change until your booking is confirmed.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Ellen22nd July 2018
Corners of Cornwall
- Upcoming departures
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- SundayMar 17, 2019from London7 DaysSaturdayMar 23, 2019to London10+ seats left$80USD $2,579Based on Double Share
- SundayApr 14, 2019from London7 DaysSaturdayApr 20, 2019to London10+ seats left$81USD $2,618Based on Double Share
- SundayApr 21, 2019from London7 DaysSaturdayApr 27, 2019to London10+ seats left$81USD $2,618Based on Double Share
- WednesdayApr 24, 2019from London7 DaysTuesdayApr 30, 2019to London10+ seats left$82USD $2,657Based on Double Share
- SundayApr 28, 2019from London7 DaysSaturdayMay 4, 2019to London10+ seats left$82USD $2,657Based on Double Share
- WednesdayMay 1, 2019from London7 DaysTuesdayMay 7, 2019to London10+ seats left$85USD $2,734Based on Double Share
- SundayMay 5, 2019from London7 DaysSaturdayMay 11, 2019to London10+ seats left$85USD $2,734Based on Double Share
- WednesdayMay 8, 2019from London7 DaysTuesdayMay 14, 2019to London10+ seats left$85USD $2,734Based on Double Share
- ThursdayMay 9, 2019from London7 DaysWednesdayMay 15, 2019to London10+ seats left$85USD $2,734Based on Double Share
- SundayMay 12, 2019from London7 DaysSaturdayMay 18, 2019to London10+ seats left$85USD $2,734Based on Double Share
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- Pound sterlingEngland
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in London.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Back-Roads Touring to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $200 to confirm this Back-Roads Touring booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 22 December 2018 the full payment of $2,579 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $2579 for Corners of Cornwall, but the deposit of $200 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Back-Roads Touring : Visa - Master Card - American Express
- London (England)
- 178 km
- Wells (England)
- 114 km
- Dartmoor National Park (England)
- 64 km
- Port Isaac (England)
- 10 km
- Padstow (England)
- 44 km
- Falmouth (England)
- 30 km
- St Ives (England)
- 11 km
- St Michaels Mount (England)
- 30 km
- Falmouth (England)
- 10 km
- Tregothnan (England)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $2,579 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,576 tours in Europe
- covered by 257 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date.
- 1 Genuine Review
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Corners of Cornwall