La Paz to Santiago
- Our saving
- US $ 1,143
- JUST PAY $99 TODAY
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Arrive La Paz
- Day 2: Uyuni
- Day 3: Uyuni (Salt Flats)
- Day 4: Laguna Colorada
- Day 5: San Pedro de Atacama
- Day 6: Valley of the Moon
- Day 7: Santiago
- Day 8: Depart Santiago
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Average by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Good by past passengers
- Rather Poor
- KennethWritten on July 17, 20193.0 - Average
The salt flats were amazing. The itinerary was solid, though it's marketed as 8 days, it was really 5, as the briefing on day one was worthless, and then we didn't leave until 5 the next day. The arrival in Santiago should be the last day, but Tucan... Read moreShow detailed ratingsTucan Travel commented on this reviewHi Kenneth, thank you for taking the time to leave a review - all feedback both positive and negative is important to us. Firstly I am so pleased you enjoyed the Salt Flats, they are a favourite of ours and that overall you seemed to enjoy the trip. Regarding the itinerary; for all of our tours (and tours of most other tour operators also) day one of the tour is a joining day to allow our clients time to arrive on international flights and the tour briefing is held at 6pm on this day. The published itinerary makes it clear that day 1 and 8 are simply arrival and departure days. Day 2 of the tour has an evening flight which allows time to explore the very interesting city of La Paz before heading to Uyuni. If the last day of the tour i.e. the arrival day in Santiago was the last day of the tour this would result in no hotel accommodation provided in Santiago and it would be very unwelcoming possibly unsafe to just leave our clients in a central location without a tour leader or help. We believe that this is stated honestly and in detail on our website and that this systems works very well for the benefit of our clients. I agree the staff on the Andes Salt Flat crossing are excellent and we are very happy to be working with them. Regarding your Tucan Travel tour leader, Fabio, he consistently receives good to excellent feedback on his client questionnaires although it is true to say that on your tour his feedback was mixed. We are investigating the complaints you have made as we take this very seriously. Nevertheless it is incorrect to say that the group almost missed the flight from Atacama to Santiago due to Fabio. Fabio did have airline tickets for all tour members ready and checked in for the flight, however upon arrival the airline initially claimed that some tickets did not have luggage included. Fabio then paid the luggage fee, however this money was then reimbursed as the airline realised they had made an error as Tucan Travel had paid in advance for check in luggage for all clients. This was an airline error not an error by Fabio who managed a difficult situation very well. Tucan Travel attempts to give an honest appraisal on our website of what to expect on the Salt Flats crossing; this includes a full page going into much detail on altitude sickness - https://www.tucantravel.com/high-altitude-sickness - It also needs to be remembered that your tour coincided with the coldest time of the year on the Salt Flats and I understand that on your tour temperatures fell below the norm for this time of the year; most of our tours do not experience the extreme could that you encountered. Thank you again for taking the time to leave feedback and we wish you all the best in your future adventures. Best, Rosanna @ Tucan TravelReview collected by Tucan Travel
- RRiadWritten on June 5, 20193.5 - GoodShow detailed ratings
Itinerary was very good. I would recommend that guests arrive early in La Paz, which is a very interesting city and there's really not enough time there on the tour to explore it properly. The Chilean border crossing was much longer than advised by guide. I... Read moreReview collected by Tucan Travel
- CColmWritten on June 5, 20194.2 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Not a great deal included, I think having the city tours included would be a good baseline for orientating on first arrival. The tour leader was personable and friendly, but he gave limited context and information while traveling between stops. He handed... Read moreReview collected by Tucan Travel
- SYSAIWritten on January 29, 20194.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Excellent guide, professional, helpful and knowledgeable. Detail and considerate design on itin with good cultural experience.
- KKalebWritten on July 11, 20183.0 - AverageShow detailed ratings
I had a Bolivia & Northern Chile Tour with Tucan Travel in October 2017. The tour itinerary itself is well designed and overall it was good. However, our tour guide 'Carlos' was very unprofessional. He was flirty with 20's female travelers and he even... Read more
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!Ask a question
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Anne19th March 2019
La Paz to Santiago
- Upcoming departures
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- January 2020
- February 2020
- March 2020
- April 2020
- May 2020
- June 2020
- July 2020
- August 2020
- September 2020
- October 2020
- November 2020
- December 2020
- FridayAug 2, 2019from La Paz8 DaysFridayAug 9, 2019to Santiago7 seats left$784$2,239-35%USD $1,455+ $160 Local Payment
- FridayAug 16, 2019from La Paz8 DaysFridayAug 23, 2019to SantiagoOnly 3 seats left$784$2,239-35%USD $1,455+ $160 Local Payment
- FridaySep 13, 2019from La Paz8 DaysFridaySep 20, 2019to Santiago7 seats left$724$2,069-35%USD $1,345+ $160 Local Payment
- FridaySep 27, 2019from La Paz8 DaysFridayOct 4, 2019to Santiago6 seats left$724$2,069-35%USD $1,345+ $160 Local Payment
- FridayOct 11, 2019from La Paz8 DaysFridayOct 18, 2019to Santiago7 seats leftUSD $1,939+ $160 Local Payment
- TuesdayOct 15, 2019from La Paz8 DaysTuesdayOct 22, 2019to Santiago7 seats left$679$1,939-35%USD $1,260+ $160 Local Payment
- TuesdayOct 22, 2019from La Paz8 DaysTuesdayOct 29, 2019to Santiago7 seats left$679$1,939-35%USD $1,260+ $160 Local Payment
- FridayOct 25, 2019from La Paz8 DaysFridayNov 1, 2019to Santiago7 seats leftUSD $1,939+ $160 Local Payment
- TuesdayNov 5, 2019from La Paz8 DaysTuesdayNov 12, 2019to Santiago7 seats left$616$1,759-35%USD $1,143+ $160 Local Payment
- FridayNov 8, 2019from La Paz8 DaysFridayNov 15, 2019to Santiago7 seats leftUSD $1,759+ $160 Local Payment
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Recommended for Bolivia and Chile. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Bolivia and Chile. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Recommended for Bolivia. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Bolivia and Chile. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Recommended for Bolivia and Chile. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Yellow fever
- Recommended for Bolivia. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- La Paz is the starting point and Santiago is the endpoint.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- For any tour departing before 24 September 2019 a full payment is necessary. For tours departing after 24 September 2019, a minimum payment of $99 is required to confirm your booking with Tucan Travel. The final payment will be automatically charged to your credit card on the designated due date. The final payment of the remaining balance is required at least 65 days days prior to the departure date of your tour. TourRadar never charges you a booking fee and will charge you in the stated currency.
- Cancellation policy
- TourRadar is an authorised Agent of Tucan Travel. Please familiarise yourself with the Tucan Travel payment, cancellation and refund conditions.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Tucan Travel will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Payment methods
- The following cards are accepted for Tucan Travel tours: Visa, Maestro, Mastercard, American Express or PayPal. TourRadar does NOT charge you an extra fee for using any of these payment methods.
- La Paz (Bolivia)
- 462 km
- Uyuni (Bolivia)
- 88 km
- Salar de Uyuni (Bolivia)
- 157 km
- Laguna Canapa (Bolivia)
- 14 km
- Laguna Honda (Bolivia)
- 71 km
- Laguna Colorada (Bolivia)
- 66 km
- Laguna Verde (Bolivia)
- 6 km
- Laguna Blanca (Bolivia)
- 44 km
- San Pedro De Atacama (Chile)
- 9 km
- Valle de la Luna (Chile)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,143 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 4,950 tours in Latin America
- covered by 241 different operators in Latin America
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for La Paz to Santiago via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 2 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on La Paz to Santiago