Start in Belgrade and end in Sofia! With the discovery tour Balkan Discovery, you have a 9 day tour package taking you through Belgrade, Serbia and 14 other destinations in Europe. Balkan Discovery includes accommodation in a hotel as well as an expert guide, meals, transport.
- Rather Poor
- SBSonjyaWritten on August 11, 20184.0 - GoodWas a great overall experience but had some very long days. The border crossings varied from good to 6.5hrs at the Croatian/Montenegro border in the full sun - not the fault of tour company but made our tour less enjoyable. The air conditioning on bus failed to keep us cool in the summer heat at other times as well. Aykut our tour group leader tried hard and was very good as was Boyan our local guide from Serbia and our driver Victor. Bus had toilet on board which made our travels easier but different bus between Skopje and Sofia did not have functional toilet so had a pretty bad emergency pit stop. I would recommend it to see the Balkan Countries and would suit people who like a bit of night life or prefer quiet times and travelling as a single (or not wanting to eat alone) we were a quiet double and feel tour was a good mix. Definitely do the optional extras - Macedonia Folk Night, Lake Ohrid Cruise and Canyon Tour from Ohrid. Recommend taking euros in cash not just cards as sometimes not in a country very long and easier to change small amounts of euros.Show detailed ratings
- RSROGERWritten on August 7, 20184.0 - GoodOverall the tour was good; however it was way too short for amount of territory covered (4 or 5 days more) and hotels were not in great locations. Aykut was a great tour director/guide. We should have stopped more often for road side photo ops. "Whisperers" should be added for out of coach walking tours. Coach was excellent; great legroom and electrical outlets for charging. Border crossings were a gross waste of time; 8 wasted hours on day 4. Day 3 hotel should definitely be just north of Dubrovnik not in Trebinje. In-future please limit number of hotel changes between booking and tour especially first and last hotels.Show detailed ratings
- AAAdrianWritten on July 23, 20184.0 - GoodGood tour. Visited many places. I adviseShow detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Belgrade
- Day 2: Belgrade, Sarajevo
- Day 3: Sarajevo, Mostar,Trebinje
- Day 4: Trebinje, Dubrovnik, Kotor, Budva, Podgorica
- Day 5: Podgorica, Shkodra, Tirana, Ohrid
- Day 6: Ohrid, St.Naum, Tetovo, Skopje
- Day 7: Skopje
- Day 8: Sofia
- Day 9: Sofia
Expand allDownload PDF Brochure
AccommodationRated Average by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Good by past passengers
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!Ask a question
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Ivy30th July 2018
About the countries
Useful things to know before you go
Plugs & Adapters
Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
These are only indications, so please visit your doctor before you travel to be 100% sure.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Serbia, Bosnia, Montenegro, Albania, Macedonia and Bulgaria. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Serbia, Bosnia, Croatia, Montenegro, Albania, Macedonia and Bulgaria. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Recommended for Bosnia and Bulgaria. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Croatia and Albania. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Recommended for Albania. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Yellow fever
- Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an infected area for Albania. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Belgrade is the starting point and Sofia is the endpoint.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $120 to confirm this Travel Talk booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 21 December 2018 the full payment of $0 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $0 for Balkan Discovery, but the deposit of $120 is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Travel Talk will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Travel Talk tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
Covering a total distance of approx 1,065 km.
- Belgrade (Serbia)
- 206 km
- Sarajevo (Bosnia)
- 68 km
- Mostar (Bosnia)
- 79 km
- Dubrovnik (Croatia)
- 21 km
- Trebinje (Bosnia)
- 48 km
- Kotor (Montenegro)
- 16 km
- Budva (Montenegro)
- 38 km
- Podgorica (Montenegro)
- 46 km
- Shkodra (Albania)
- 86 km
- Tirana (Albania)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $0 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,511 tours in Europe
- covered by 254 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Balkan Discovery via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 3 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Balkan Discovery