Reefs And Rainforests (Start Cairns)
- Our saving
- US $ 2,286
- +20 Destinations
- East Australia
- Age range
- 18 to 35 year olds
- Hostel, Hotel, Home-stay, Lodge, Guesthouse, Resort
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus
- Physical Rating
- Rather Poor
- PPPatrickWritten on April 10, 20164.5 - ExcellentThe trip was really good fun and met a lot of good fun people, the activities were exactly what I wanted to do. Our tour guid was passionate about his job and created a fun environment for the group and helped if we had any problems. The coach we drive on was very good, nice, clean and comfortable.Show detailed ratings
- MMMelissaWritten on April 4, 20164.5 - ExcellentFantastic tour, had the best time ever!! Starting in Sydney was great as we could acclimatise to the heat gradually as we drive up the coast.Show detailed ratings
- KSKimWritten on April 2, 20165.0 - Excellenttrys was absolutely amazing as our tour guide! everything he did was incredible and it was a big part of my trip!Show detailed ratings
- SBStephenWritten on April 2, 20165.0 - ExcellentI've taken many tours but this one was the high light of my life. Went on our honeymoon with my pregnant wife and every accommodation was made for us by this amazing tour guide. Even though tour was for a younger crowd still felt that we belong. He made the extra effort to make sure everyone was taken care of. Had endless enthusiasm even when talking about places he had been at countless times before. Even answering my silly questions with a humorous wit. He didnt make this just a tour but a vacation with long lasting friends and memories that will keep me smiling for the rest of my life. I can't think of another person that deserves this nomination more. I wish him the best of luck in his long life journey where ever that may take him.Show detailed ratings
- MMelanieWritten on April 2, 20164.0 - GoodAmazing tour, great people even better tour guide. Quite a few thing went wrong on the tour that were completely out of the control of our tour guide, for example our transport broke down on our way to fraiser island and we were left stranded for over 3 hours but Tyrs made the experience some of the best memories My friends and I had of the whole trip. No matter the obstacles Trys was able to handle it smoothly most of the time without us realising there was even an issue. The accomodation was fantastic at every location never an issue that I was aware of. Trys knowledge and relationships with the people we met at every stop made us feel welcome and confident to enjoy everything each location had ti offer. I am writing this review because although the trip was an outstanding experience I beleive it would have been severly hampered if it wasn't for the constant good spirits, lighthartedness, optimism and professionalism of Trys. He definatley deserves a medal for the things he had to put up with from the 45+ 18-35 year old toddlers he had to herd for the 3 weeks we had with him.Show detailed ratings
- LWLauraWritten on April 1, 20165.0 - ExcellentThis was the best experience I could of ever imagined. It exceeded my expectations and more. The people I met will be friends for life and my tour guide was one in a million. Such a down to earth guy who does so much for other people. I wouldn't have wanted anyone different to have taken my tour of a lifetime..Show detailed ratings
- KPKerryWritten on April 1, 20165.0 - ExcellentAbsolutely amazing trip ! Did so much in the space of 16 Days and Try's never failed to keep us all entertained ! If we had a question or literally anything, Try's would know the answer or find out for us straight away! Such a fun trip and I'd go back in an instant!!!!Show detailed ratings
- JKJaimeWritten on April 1, 20164.5 - Excellentthe trip was amazing, but I don't think it would have been half as incrediblewithout Trys. My wife and I took our trip to Australia and Trys did everything within his power to make our stay extra special. At every Stop he inquired about upgrading our room since we were on our honeymoon and at one stop there was a bottle of wine on the bed with a handwritten note saying enjoy your stay, whether that was Trys' doing or not he had a hand in it. And as thoughtful and generous as he was to my wife and I, his compassion and generosity to other members of our tour was clearly evident as well. Trys was and without a doubt will most likely be the best tour guide I will ever have in my travels. My only regret is that I was spoiled with such an amazing tour guide so early in my life and travels that I may never feel the same about a trip again.Show detailed ratings
- AAmieWritten on April 1, 20165.0 - ExcellentIt was an amazing experience - the views were beautiful and I got the opportunity to do things I never thought I would.Show detailed ratings
- LGLeylaWritten on April 1, 20165.0 - ExcellentThis tour was the best experience of my life. I ticked off so many of my bucket list activities, many of which were included in the tour price! Our group with Trys Eddy was so much fun we all became good friends instantly. Trys was super organised and great fun to be around, the tour wouldn't have been the same without him. I'd definitely do a contiki tour again.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Cairns to Cape Tribulation
- Day 2: Cape Tribulation to Cairns
- Day 3 - 5: Cairns
- Day 5 - 7: Cairns to the Whitsundays
- Day 7: The Whitsundays to Farmstay
- Day 8: Farmstay to Noosa
- Day 9: Fraser Island to Noosa
- Day 10: Noosa to Surfers Paradise
- Day 11: Surfers Paradise
- Day 12: Surfers Paradise to Byron Bay
- Day 13: Byron Bay to Coffs Harbour
- Day 14: Coffs Harbour to Sydney
- Day 15: Sydney
- Day 16: Sydney
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Optional Extras
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- December 1, 2016
Can you please provide more information about how this tour operates?
To give you an idea, Contiki creates trip itineraries designed exclusively for younger travellers. They are geared towards active, budget-minded young travellers who want to meet other people from all over the world, and tend to be very popular with university students and backpackers.
- December 1, 2016
Is there an age restiction on this tour?
This tour does have a generally strict age limit of 18-35 years old.
If this trip isn't quite what you were looking for, we still have plenty of fantastic tours. Get in contact with us and our customer support team will work on pairing you with the perfect adventure.
Guides who have led this tour
- "I'm a born and bred Aussie, who has been living this crazy nomadic lifestyle of a Tour Manager for the..."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Lynne5th September 2017
Reefs And Rainforests (Start Cairns)
- Upcoming departures
- January 2018
- February 2018
- March 2018
- April 2018
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- ThursdayJan 25, 2018from Cairns16 DaysFridayFeb 9, 2018to SydneyNot available in your region
- ThursdayFeb 15, 2018from Cairns16 DaysFridayMar 2, 2018to Sydney7 seats left$460$2,689-15%USD $2,286
- ThursdayFeb 22, 2018from Cairns16 DaysFridayMar 9, 2018to Sydney0 seats left$67USD $2,689Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- ThursdayMar 22, 2018from Cairns16 DaysFridayApr 6, 2018to SydneyOnly 1 seat left$67USD $2,689Book Now Hold my
- ThursdayApr 19, 2018from Cairns16 DaysFridayMay 4, 2018to SydneyNot available in your region
- ThursdayJun 14, 2018from Cairns16 DaysFridayJun 29, 2018to SydneyNot available in your region
- ThursdayJul 12, 2018from Cairns16 DaysFridayJul 27, 2018to SydneyNot available in your region
- ThursdaySep 6, 2018from Cairns16 DaysFridaySep 21, 2018to SydneyNot available in your region
- ThursdaySep 13, 2018from Cairns16 DaysFridaySep 28, 2018to SydneyNot available in your region
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Yellow fever
- Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an infected area for Australia. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Japanese B encephalitis
- Recommended for Australia. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Cairns is the starting point and Sydney is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Contiki to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $200 to confirm this Contiki booking. The remaining balance is then payable 45 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 7 March 2018 the full payment of $2,286 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $2286 for Reefs And Rainforests (Start Cairns), but the deposit of $200 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Contiki tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Cairns (Australia)
- 59 km
- Port Douglas (Australia)
- 11 km
- Mossman Gorge (Australia)
- 22 km
- Daintree (Australia)
- 33 km
- Cape Tribulation (Australia)
- 83 km
- Kuranda (Australia)
- 19 km
- Cairns (Australia)
- 282 km
- Townsville (Australia)
- 229 km
- Airlie Beach (Australia)
- 17 km
- Long Island (Australia)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $2,286 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 922 tours in Australia/Oceania
- covered by 53 different operators in Australia/Oceania
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior to the departure date.
- 6 travellers have already met
before they left for Reefs And Rainforests (Start Cairns) tour
Download TourRadar Meet App
- 14 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Reefs And Rainforests (Start Cairns)