Beaches and Reefs (Start Sydney)
- Our saving
- US $ 1,908
- +12 Destinations
- Australia East Coast
- Day trip to Blue Mountain
- Take part in Aussie Surf Camp
- Visit Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary
- Relax on the beach in Cairns
- Age range
- 18 to 35 year olds
- Hostel, Hotel, Lodge, Guesthouse, Resort
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus
- Physical Rating
- Rather Poor
- DiannaWritten on September 11, 20172.5 - AverageIt was ok. Too many British people. Tooooo long on the buses. Way more travel than enjoyment. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. Also hotels far from all main city centers. The excursions were really waaaayyy too much work for the small pleasure.Show detailed ratings
- BSBobbiWritten on June 6, 20164.0 - GoodTrys made my time in Australia, this was my first time going abroad by myself and Trys made it so easy and ensured I made friends and had the best time! Trys always made sure people were included and able to experience as much as possible no matter how long they had! Trys has inspired me to carry on seeing the world as he made me realise how easy it can be and unfortunately he's frequent saying that 'you can always get more money' has stuck with me and I am excited to see many other places!!Show detailed ratings
- GGemmaWritten on April 15, 20165.0 - ExcellentThe trip was amazing and everything that I wanted out of travelling the east coast. You have some amazing opportunities to do some once in a life time things like climb the harbour bridge. Our tour manager was amazing. He made an effort with each individual person on the trip and made sure that we were all having fun. At the end of the trip my friend had to go to hospital and he made sure that I was being looked after and went out of his way to do things for us which was such a big help, I wouldn't of known what to do without him. Overall a really fantastic trip that I will never forget.Show detailed ratings
- SBSarahWritten on April 5, 20164.0 - GoodI had such an amazing time when I went to Australia. To see beautiful beaches, the amazing cities and the adventures in Great Barrier Reef was an opportunity of a lifetime. If it hadn't have been for Trys Eddy who kept us entertained on the bus rides, guided us into the unknown and made us feel at ease when we were homesick then I wouldn't have come away with such a positive experience. His transcending personality and his love of photography is what captured me the most. It was an unforgettable few weeks all thanks to Trys. I wouldn't have wanted any other tour guide.Show detailed ratings
- JMJacklynnWritten on April 3, 20164.5 - ExcellentThis was my first contiki experience and it was amazing. From start to finish full of fun and adventure. Trys our tour guide was fantastic about recommendations on where to eat and had fun activities for us to do.Show detailed ratings
- MRMelissaWritten on April 3, 20165.0 - ExcellentThe trip was great. It wasn't sure what exactly to expect as this was my first Contiki tour. There was a great mix of activities that kept us busy but we still got to enjoy the Australian beaches as well.Show detailed ratings
- NNatalieWritten on April 1, 20165.0 - ExcellentCan't complain, amazing experience!Show detailed ratings
- LLaurenWritten on April 1, 20164.0 - GoodIt was incredible! 2 of the best weeks of my life. And our tour guide was fantastic! I would recommend it to anyone thinking about going travellingShow detailed ratings
- AAbbyWritten on April 1, 20165.0 - ExcellentMost amazing holiday of a lifetime. Made friends for life!!!Show detailed ratings
- AAnaWritten on April 1, 20165.0 - ExcellentIt was amaizing, trys was an amaizing guide!Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Sydney
- Day 2: Sydney
- Day 3: Sydney to Coffs Harbour
- Day 4: Coffs Harbour to Byron Bay
- Day 5: Byron Bay to Surfers Paradise
- Day 6: Surfers Paradise
- Day 7: Surfers Paradise to Noosa
- Day 8: Noosa
- Day 9: Noosa to Farmstay
- Day 9 - 11: Farmstay to the Whitsundays
- Day 12: The Whitsundays to Cairns
- Day 13: Cairns
- Day 14: Cairns
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Optional Extras
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- December 1, 2016
Is it 100% guaranteed that a private bathroom facility will be provided in every single/twin accommodation?
In most cases you will have a private en suite bathroom in twin share rooms, but it is not guaranteed due to some issue outside of Contiki's hands where there are hotels that can't provide this for you. Therefore, it is likely you will have en suite bathrooms, but we cannot guarantee.
- December 1, 2016
What is the standard accommodation for this tour?
The standard accommodation for this tour is 3-4 star.
Guides who have led this tour
- "I'm a born and bred Aussie, who has been living this crazy nomadic lifestyle of a Tour Manager for the..."
5 travellers met using the Meet App before going on their Contiki Beaches and Reefs (Start Sydney) tour.
Select the departure date of the tour that you're planning on going on and chat with other travellers going on that tour. If you don't find your departure date, add a meet and others travellers will join.
- Departs 7th January 20181 comment"✈️"
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Andrew, 27 years old4th May 2017
Beaches and Reefs (Start Sydney)
- Upcoming departures
- October 2017
- November 2017
- December 2017
- January 2018
- February 2018
- March 2018
- April 2018
- May 2018
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- SundayOct 29, 2017from SydneySaturdayNov 11, 2017in CairnsOur saving$525Price$2,385-20%USD $1,908Based on Quad RoomOnly 1 space left
- SundayNov 19, 2017from SydneySaturdayDec 2, 2017in CairnsOur saving$429Price$2,505-15%USD $2,129Based on Quad Room10+ spaces left
- SundayNov 26, 2017from SydneySaturdayDec 9, 2017in CairnsOur saving$429Price$2,505-15%USD $2,129Based on Quad Room10+ spaces left
- SundayDec 17, 2017from SydneySaturdayDec 30, 2017in CairnsOur saving$63PriceUSD $2,505Based on Quad Room10+ spaces left
- SundayDec 24, 2017from SydneySaturdayJan 6, 2018in CairnsOur saving$63PriceUSD $2,505Based on Quad Room10+ spaces left
- SundayJan 7, 2018from SydneySaturdayJan 20, 2018in CairnsOur saving$63PriceUSD $2,505Based on Quad Room10+ spaces left
- SundayJan 14, 2018from SydneySaturdayJan 27, 2018in CairnsOur saving$63PriceUSD $2,505Based on Quad Room10+ spaces left
- SundayJan 21, 2018from SydneySaturdayFeb 3, 2018in CairnsOur saving$63PriceUSD $2,505Based on Quad Room10+ spaces left
- SundayFeb 4, 2018from SydneySaturdayFeb 17, 2018in CairnsOur saving$63PriceUSD $2,505Based on Quad Room10+ spaces left
- SundayFeb 11, 2018from SydneySaturdayFeb 24, 2018in CairnsOur saving$63PriceUSD $2,505Based on Quad Room10+ spaces left
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Yellow fever
- Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an infected area for Australia. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Japanese B encephalitis
- Recommended for Australia. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Sydney is the starting point and Cairns is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Contiki to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $200 to confirm this Contiki booking. The remaining balance is then payable 45 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 6 December 2017 the full payment of $1,908 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1908 for Beaches and Reefs (Start Sydney), but the deposit of $200 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Contiki tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Sydney (Australia)
- 162 km
- Hunter Valley (Australia)
- 505 km
- Byron Bay (Australia)
- 74 km
- Surfers Paradise (Australia)
- 153 km
- Toowoomba (Australia)
- 264 km
- Fraser Island (Australia)
- 112 km
- Noosa (Australia)
- 424 km
- Rockhampton (Australia)
- 392 km
- Airlie Beach (Australia)
- 25 km
- Whitsunday Islands (Australia)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,908 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 862 tours in Australia/Oceania
- covered by 51 different operators in Australia/Oceania
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior to the departure date.
- 5 travellers have already met
before they left for Beaches and Reefs (Start Sydney) tour
Download TourRadar Meet App
- 16 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Beaches and Reefs (Start Sydney)