Beaches And Reefs (Start Sydney - Until Mar 2019)
- Our saving
- US $ 2,183
- +12 Destinations
- Australia East Coast
- Snorkel and see the colours of the Great Barrier Reef.
- Relax on the white sandy beaches of the Whitsundays.
- Try your hand at some good country whip cracking.
- Indulge in home cooked damper and party outback style.
- Watch Instagram likes soar with a snap of Fraser Island.
- Release your inner party animal at Surfer’s Paradise.
- Age range
- 18 to 35 year olds
- Hostel, Hotel, Lodge, Guesthouse, Resort
- Max Group Size
- Train & Rail, Coach / Bus
- Physical Rating
- Travel style
- Discovery, Coach / Bus
- Rather Poor
- CBcaoimheWritten on January 30, 20184.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
The trip itself was amazing.. accommodation was great.. definitely ticked loads of the bucket list. Bus driver was lovely. Transportation was comfortable.. did not find tour guide helpful she picked who she wanted to help and everyone else could do what... Read more
- DiannaWritten on September 11, 20172.5 - AverageShow detailed ratings
It was ok. Too many British people. Tooooo long on the buses. Way more travel than enjoyment. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. Also hotels far from all main city centers. The excursions were really waaaayyy too much work for the small pleasure.
- SCSuzanneWritten on December 19, 20164.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
Good itinerary and included activities. If you are used to travelling solo or in small groups (and like it), probably not the right trip, but good for those who want or need some hand-holding whilst seeing the world.
- BSBobbiWritten on June 6, 20164.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
Trys made my time in Australia, this was my first time going abroad by myself and Trys made it so easy and ensured I made friends and had the best time! Trys always made sure people were included and able to experience as much as possible no matter how long... Read more
- ECEllisWritten on May 9, 20165.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
I booked this trip with 3 weeks to go before it started I had done little to no research and went on a very spontaneous trip with no expectations or ideas of what to expect. When I arrived at the hotel where I met the rest of the group and leader (Trys) (as... Read more
- MDMickWritten on May 4, 20165.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Such an awesome trip
- MCMeganWritten on April 17, 20165.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
This trip was a once in a lifetime trip. I will always remember it. It was very well organized and prepared. Our bus was great! Our drivers name was Horse. He was an excellent driver and got us where we needed to be with ease, every single day. The... Read more
- VBVivienneWritten on April 16, 20164.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Our guide was always there for us and cheerful !
- GGemmaWritten on April 15, 20165.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
The trip was amazing and everything that I wanted out of travelling the east coast. You have some amazing opportunities to do some once in a life time things like climb the harbour bridge. Our tour manager was amazing. He made an effort with each individual... Read more
- KEKirillyWritten on April 14, 20165.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
My tour guide was TK ! (Trys) he was beyond awesome! :) he made the contiki trip for me so much fun! He always made us laugh, keeping us entertained on the bus with funny games movies, songs, extra sight seeing whenever he could fit it in! Buying as a... Read more
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Arrive Sydney
- Day 2: Sydney
- Day 3: Sydney to Coffs Harbour
- Day 4: Coffs Harbour to Byron Bay
- Day 5: Byron Bay to Surfers Paradise
- Day 6: Surfers Paradise including Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary
- Day 7: Surfers Paradise to Noosa
- Day 8: Noosa
- Day 9: Noosa to Farmstay
- Day 10: Farmstay to the Whitsundays
- Day 11: The Whitsundays
- Day 12: The Whitsundays to Cairns
- Day 13: Cairns
- Day 14: Cairns
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Travel Isn't About Where You Go...
- Contiki Experiences
- Contiki Munch
- Europe Summer Team
- Contiki Accomodation
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Will a private bathroom facility be provided in every single/twin accommodation?
In most cases you will have a private en suite bathroom in twin share rooms, but it is not guaranteed due to some issue outside of Contiki's hands where there are hotels that can't provide this for you. Therefore, it is likely you will have en suite bathrooms, but we cannot guarantee.
What is the standard accommodation for this tour?
Hotels, resorts, hostels, surf villages (and a night at a cattle station!) will be used for accommodation during this tour. All accommodation has been hand-picked., tried and tested.
Guides who have led this tour
- "I'm a born and bred Aussie, who has been living this crazy nomadic lifestyle of a Tour Manager for the..."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Vicki10th June 2018
Beaches And Reefs (Start Sydney - Until Mar 2019)
- Upcoming departures
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- January 2020
- February 2020
- March 2020
- SundayFeb 3, 2019from Sydney14 DaysSaturdayFeb 16, 2019to CairnsOnly 1 seat left$385$2,569-15%USD $2,183
- SundayFeb 10, 2019from Sydney14 DaysSaturdayFeb 23, 2019to Cairns0 seats left$143USD $2,426Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- SundayMar 10, 2019from Sydney14 DaysSaturdayMar 23, 2019to CairnsOnly 1 seat left$385$2,569-15%USD $2,183Book Now Hold my
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Yellow fever
- Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an infected area for Australia. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Japanese B encephalitis
- Recommended for Australia. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Sydney is the starting point and Cairns is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Contiki to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $200 to confirm this Contiki booking. The remaining balance is then payable 45 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 7 March 2019 the full payment of $2,183 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $2183 for Beaches And Reefs (Start Sydney - Until Mar 2019), but the deposit of $200 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Contiki tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Sydney (Australia)
- 315 km
- Port Macquarie (Australia)
- 128 km
- Coffs Harbour (Australia)
- 190 km
- Byron Bay (Australia)
- 74 km
- Surfers Paradise (Australia)
- 16 km
- Currumbin (Australia)
- 87 km
- Brisbane (Australia)
- 119 km
- Noosa (Australia)
- 112 km
- Fraser Island (Australia)
- 340 km
- Rockhampton (Australia)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $2,183 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 1,283 tours in Australia/Oceania
- covered by 81 different operators in Australia/Oceania
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior to the departure date.
- 42 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Beaches And Reefs (Start Sydney - Until Mar 2019)