Northern Lights Eco Escape
- Our saving
- US $ 1,212
- Age range
- 18 to 75 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Great Canadian Trail...
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Bush flight from Yellowknife to Lodge
- Day 2: Seasonal activities and Aurora Viewing
- Day 3: Free morning then afternoon flight to Yellowknife
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
- Catherine Khurana's review about another Great Canadian Trails tour4.5 - Excellent
We enjoyed the Halifax to Lunenburg bike tour very much. It was almost perfect! Our bikes from Bike and Bean were excellent and Bike and Bean is the best bike shop ever. The cafe and little gallery are brilliant too - spiced pumpkin soup to set us off was... Read more
- Maggie Youngblood's review about another Great Canadian Trails tour4.0 - Good
All the breakfasts were very good. The supper at Provincialart was exceptional. The one at Le Baril Roulant was horrible. One of our bicycle tires was not in good working condition. We did enjoy the tour and would recommend it to friends.
- Justus Klein's review about another Great Canadian Trails tour5.0 - Excellent
It's a fantastische adventure. Rebecca and Ian are experienced guides. I totales recommend it!
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
When is the best time of the year to take this tour?
This tour only runs at optimal times during the year to ensure that the skies are dark enough to see the lights to their full effect. The sighting is heavily dependent on the cloud cover and the activity of the Aurora. This is often down to chance, and all of the tour dates offer an equal chance of a sighting.
In terms of weather, Yellowknife will be much colder in December through to February, with low chances of rain or snow. If you visit during August - November the weather will be slightly warmer with more chance of rain and snow.
Am I guaranteed to see the Northern Lights?
Northern Lights (called the Aurora Borealis) is a naturally occurring phenomenon. The appearance of the Northern Lights is notoriously difficult to predict any further in advance than about two hours before it happens. Therefore, it is important to understand that the tour operator won’t be able to guarantee the perfect weather conditions while on the tour.
That being said, you will be situated in one of the best places in the world for viewing the lights, thus increasing a chance of a sighting! This tour in itself is a wonderful opportunity to relax in the incredible wilderness of the Northwest Territories.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Ross26th February 2019
Northern Lights Eco Escape
- Upcoming departures
- January 2020
- February 2020
- March 2020
- April 2020
- August 2020
- September 2020
- October 2020
- ThursdayJan 2, 2020from Yellowknife3 DaysSaturdayJan 4, 2020to Yellowknife10+ seats left$38USD $1,212Based on Twin Share
- WednesdayJan 8, 2020from Yellowknife3 DaysFridayJan 10, 2020to Yellowknife10+ seats left$38USD $1,212Based on Twin Share
- FridayJan 10, 2020from Yellowknife3 DaysSundayJan 12, 2020to Yellowknife10+ seats left$38USD $1,212Based on Twin Share
- WednesdayJan 15, 2020from Yellowknife3 DaysFridayJan 17, 2020to Yellowknife10+ seats left$38USD $1,212Based on Twin Share
- FridayJan 17, 2020from Yellowknife3 DaysSundayJan 19, 2020to Yellowknife10+ seats left$38USD $1,212Based on Twin Share
- WednesdayJan 22, 2020from Yellowknife3 DaysFridayJan 24, 2020to Yellowknife10+ seats left$38USD $1,212Based on Twin Share
- FridayJan 24, 2020from Yellowknife3 DaysSundayJan 26, 2020to Yellowknife10+ seats left$38USD $1,212Based on Twin Share
- WednesdayJan 29, 2020from Yellowknife3 DaysFridayJan 31, 2020to Yellowknife10+ seats left$38USD $1,212Based on Twin Share
- FridayJan 31, 2020from Yellowknife3 DaysSundayFeb 2, 2020to Yellowknife10+ seats left$38USD $1,212Based on Twin Share
- WednesdayFeb 5, 2020from Yellowknife3 DaysFridayFeb 7, 2020to Yellowknife10+ seats left$38USD $1,212Based on Twin Share
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Yellowknife.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- For any tour departing before 28 December 2019 a full payment is necessary. For tours departing after 28 December 2019, a minimum payment of 20% is required to confirm your booking with Great Canadian Trails. The final payment will be automatically charged to your credit card on the designated due date. The final payment of the remaining balance is required at least 75 days days prior to the departure date of your tour. TourRadar never charges you a booking fee and will charge you in the stated currency.
- Cancellation policy
- TourRadar is an authorised Agent of Great Canadian Trails. Please familiarise yourself with the Great Canadian Trails payment, cancellation and refund conditions.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Great Canadian Trails will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Payment methods
- The following cards are accepted for Great Canadian Trails tours: Visa, Maestro, Mastercard, American Express or PayPal. TourRadar does NOT charge you an extra fee for using any of these payment methods.
- Yellowknife (Canada)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,212 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 1,920 tours in North America
- covered by 102 different operators in North America
- Use Discounts and Credits*
- Past passenger discounts or credits, early-bird savings, child discounts, and multi-person discounts offered by the tour operator may be applicable when you book with TourRadar. *Discounts and credits are subject to the tour operator terms and conditions.
- 3,069 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on North America tours