Northern Lights Eco Escape
- Our saving
- US $ 1,048
- Age range
- 18 to 75 year olds
- Max Group Size
Other reviews about Great Canadian Trails:Write a review
- Juan Pablo Villaseca's review about another Great Canadian Trails tour5.0 - ExcellentFantastic! Anne and Sharon are great
- Marieke Tilstra's review about another Great Canadian Trails tour4.5 - ExcellentThe winter adventure was an amazing experience! The transportation, however, could have been arranged better. We were ex... Read more
- Alan hughes's review about another Great Canadian Trails tour5.0 - ExcellentExcellent variety in choice of trails, giving a good flavour of different terrains from the Coastal Mountains to the Roc... Read more
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Bush flight from Yellowknife to Lodge
- Day 2: Seasonal activities and Aurora Viewing
- Day 3: Free morning then afternoon flight to Yellowknife
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
When is the best time of the year to take this tour?
This tour only runs at optimal times during the year to ensure that the skies are dark enough to see the lights to their full effect. The sighting is heavily dependent on the cloud cover and the activity of the Aurora. This is often down to chance, and all of the tour dates offer an equal chance of a sighting.
In terms of weather, Yellowknife will be much colder in December through to February, with low chances of rain or snow. If you visit during August - November the weather will be slightly warmer with more chance of rain and snow.
Am I guaranteed to see the Northern Lights?
Northern Lights (called the Aurora Borealis) is a naturally occurring phenomenon. The appearance of the Northern Lights is notoriously difficult to predict any further in advance than about two hours before it happens. Therefore, it is important to understand that the tour operator won’t be able to guarantee the perfect weather conditions while on the tour.
That being said, you will be situated in one of the best places in the world for viewing the lights, thus increasing a chance of a sighting! This tour in itself is a wonderful opportunity to relax in the incredible wilderness of the Northwest Territories.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Page, 60 years old4th October 2018
Northern Lights Eco Escape
- Upcoming departures
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- WednesdayJan 2, 2019from Yellowknife3 DaysFridayJan 4, 2019to Yellowknife10+ seats left$32USD $1,048+ $54 TaxesBased on Twin Share
- FridayJan 4, 2019from Yellowknife3 DaysSundayJan 6, 2019to Yellowknife10+ seats left$32USD $1,048+ $54 TaxesBased on Twin Share
- WednesdayJan 9, 2019from Yellowknife3 DaysFridayJan 11, 2019to Yellowknife10+ seats left$32USD $1,048+ $54 TaxesBased on Twin Share
- FridayJan 11, 2019from Yellowknife3 DaysSundayJan 13, 2019to Yellowknife10+ seats left$32USD $1,048+ $54 TaxesBased on Twin Share
- WednesdayJan 16, 2019from Yellowknife3 DaysFridayJan 18, 2019to Yellowknife10+ seats left$32USD $1,048+ $54 TaxesBased on Twin Share
- FridayJan 18, 2019from Yellowknife3 DaysSundayJan 20, 2019to Yellowknife10+ seats left$32USD $1,048+ $54 TaxesBased on Twin Share
- WednesdayJan 23, 2019from Yellowknife3 DaysFridayJan 25, 2019to Yellowknife10+ seats left$32USD $1,048+ $54 TaxesBased on Twin Share
- FridayJan 25, 2019from Yellowknife3 DaysSundayJan 27, 2019to Yellowknife10+ seats left$32USD $1,048+ $54 TaxesBased on Twin Share
- WednesdayJan 30, 2019from Yellowknife3 DaysFridayFeb 1, 2019to Yellowknife10+ seats left$32USD $1,048+ $54 TaxesBased on Twin Share
- FridayFeb 1, 2019from Yellowknife3 DaysSundayFeb 3, 2019to Yellowknife10+ seats left$32USD $1,048+ $54 TaxesBased on Twin Share
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Yellowknife.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Great Canadian Trails booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 19 December 2018 the full payment of $1,048 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1048 for Northern Lights Eco Escape, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Great Canadian Trails will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Great Canadian Trails tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Yellowknife (Canada)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,048 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 1,807 tours in North America
- covered by 70 different operators in North America
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Northern Lights Eco Escape via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 2,131 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on North America tours