Athens and the Balkans Tour
- Our saving
- US $ 3,326
24/7 Customer SupportAsk a question
- Take a trip to the Panathenaic Stadium
- Wander around Budva Old Town
- Enjoy the beautiful Bay of Kotor
- Visit the famous Stari Most Bridge
- Age range
- 12 to 99 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus
- Travel style
Start and end in Athens! With the sightseeing tour Athens and the Balkans Tour, you have a 16 day tour package taking you through Athens, Greece and 15 other destinations in Europe. Athens and the Balkans Tour is a small group tour that includes accommodation in a hotel as well as an expert guide, meals, transport and more.
- Rather Poor
- AAnonymousWritten on September 26, 20183.5 - GoodBus was dirty, not all guides spoke english well enough, some hotel rooms poor, and communication terrible. We have just finished a tour with another company and there was no comparison. Your tour was more expensive but no where near as goodShow detailed ratings
- RoxannWritten on August 15, 20183.5 - GoodMartin stressed over and over he was just the driver. The first night when we met him in the lobby he stressed this. We assumed we would meet our guide for the trip the next day. This was not so.He has a poor command of the English language. He was very nice and a great driver BUT 1. He was not a guide as we never knew what the plans were. 2. We never knew what we were seeing in the van He got us very safely from point A to B but he was not a guide! The guides we had in each town were very good After Martin left us In Skopje we were not told we would have a new driver to Ohrid. Boyyo showed up the next morning to take us there. There are so many things that went wrong at this point: 1. He was a rough aggressive driver. We were in several near accidents due to his aggressive driving. Also no water. .2. Talked and texted while driving 3. Took us for a nice lunch. Sat with us while we ate talking and smoking. When we were done eating he decided to order and eat lunch, Leaving us to wait on him. 3. Next morning He picked us up at 8:00 am. He Wanted to take us to a place with view for coffee. They were closed(it was a great view). He stopped one place to get himself water( he provided none for us). Stopped another place to get a banana. Stopped at yet another place to get a coffee. Then proceeded to sit down, drank the coffee and had a smoke while we were waiting in the van! We left Ohrid around 9:00am We assumed we were on our way to Thessaloniki(3 hour drive) We were actually on our way back to Skopje(3 hours) Another scary drive with Boyyo. We changed drivers back to Martin in Skopje. We didn’t arrive in Thessaloniki until much later with no tour(6-7 hours) Going back to Skopje was not on the itinerary. I understand that Martin needed time off but we went several hours out of our way and repeated scenery to do this. ALSO, we were never informed that this was happening. It’s just wrong and unacceptable at best!! We got from point A to Point B, the hotels were ok and the city guides were good. This is the only reason I even gave two stars. Not having a guide/driver, never knowing the plan except what time he would pick us up is just wrong. When you pay over $150 per day you expect a little more then this! Also, when we tried to check in to the hotel in Ohrid they had no record of us. I finally pulled up the itinerary and found a small mention of Karaci Tours and they found it under that. P.S. the Holiday Inn in Skopje is awful. It’s pretty hard to stay there when you know the Marriott next door is $15.00 more per night. You might want to rethink this. I could go on and on but I think you get the idea. I really think we are owed some of our money back for promises not kept and the danger our substitute driver put us in!Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1 - Monday - Athens
- Day 2 - Tuesday - Athens
- Day 3 - Wednesday - Athens - Meteora
- Day 4 - Thursday - Meteora - Tirana (Albania)
- Day 5 - Friday - Tirana - Budva - Kotor (Montenegro)
- Day 6 - Saturday - Kotor - Dubrovnik (Croatia)
- Day 7 - Sunday - Dubrovnik - Split
- Day 8 - Monday - Split - Mostar - Sarajevo (Bosnia and Herzegovina)
- Day 9 - Tuesday - Sarajevo - Belgrade (Serbia)
- Day 10 - Wednesday - Belgrade
- Day 11 - Thursday - Belgrade to Skopje (Macedonia)
- Day 12 - Friday - Skopje
- Day 13 - Saturday - Skopje - Ohrid (Macedonia)
- Day 14 - Sunday - Ohrid - Thessaloniki (Greece)
- Day 15 - Monday - Thessaloniki - Delphi - Athens
- Day 16 - Tuesday - Athens
Expand allDownload PDF Brochure
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Average by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Good by past passengers
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!Ask a question
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Randall, 60 years old4th October 2018
NO CREDIT CARD FEES
Athens and the Balkans Tour
Select Departure Month
- Upcoming departures
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
STARTENDSEATS LEFTSAVE NOW PRICE
- MondayMay 6, 2019from Athens16 DaysTuesdayMay 21, 2019to Athens10+ seats left$103USD $3,326
- MondayMay 20, 2019from Athens16 DaysTuesdayJun 4, 2019to Athens10+ seats left$103USD $3,326
- MondayJun 3, 2019from Athens16 DaysTuesdayJun 18, 2019to Athens10+ seats left$103USD $3,326
- MondayJun 17, 2019from Athens16 DaysTuesdayJul 2, 2019to Athens10+ seats left$103USD $3,326
- MondayJul 1, 2019from Athens16 DaysTuesdayJul 16, 2019to Athens10+ seats left$103USD $3,326
- MondayJul 15, 2019from Athens16 DaysTuesdayJul 30, 2019to Athens10+ seats left$103USD $3,326
- MondayJul 29, 2019from Athens16 DaysTuesdayAug 13, 2019to Athens10+ seats left$103USD $3,326
- MondayAug 12, 2019from Athens16 DaysTuesdayAug 27, 2019to Athens10+ seats left$103USD $3,326
- MondayAug 26, 2019from Athens16 DaysTuesdaySep 10, 2019to Athens10+ seats left$103USD $3,326
- MondaySep 9, 2019from Athens16 DaysTuesdaySep 24, 2019to Athens10+ seats left$103USD $3,326
Show more departures
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Useful things to know before you go
- EuroGreece and Montenegro
Plugs & Adapters
Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
These are only indications, so please visit your doctor before you travel to be 100% sure.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Greece, Albania, Montenegro, Bosnia, Serbia and Macedonia. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Greece, Albania, Montenegro, Croatia, Bosnia, Serbia and Macedonia. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Recommended for Albania. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Yellow fever
- Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an infected area for Albania. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Albania and Croatia. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Recommended for Bosnia. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Start and end in Athens.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Fez Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 19 December 2018 the full payment of $3,326 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $3326 for Athens and the Balkans Tour, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Fez Travel will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Fez Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
Covering a total distance of approx 2,300 km.
- Athens (Greece)
- 272 km
- Meteora (Greece)
- 9 km
- Kalambaka (Greece)
- 133 km
- Gjirokastra (Albania)
- 142 km
- Tirana (Albania)
- 134 km
- Budva (Montenegro)
- 16 km
- Kotor (Montenegro)
- 61 km
- Dubrovnik (Croatia)
- 164 km
- Split (Croatia)
- 111 km
- Mostar (Bosnia)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $3,326 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,492 tours in Europe
- covered by 259 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Athens and the Balkans Tour via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 1 Genuine Review
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Athens and the Balkans Tour