“Kayla always had such a great energy and was always enthusiastic about what each place had to offer. When on Magnetic Island we did the Forts walk and saw Koalas in the wild. She had a good knowledge on what to do around the island and even forwarded me no...“
Stray Australia Guides
- Flexible - Hop-on Hop-off
- Meet great people
- Go further off the beaten track
- Fun, safe and hassle-free
- See More, Do More
- Award-Winning Itineraries
Stray differs from traditional sightseeing tour operators by offering travellers a social, adventurous ‘road trip’ style experience with travel flexibility, access to remote regions and connections with local communities. This unconventional style of travel is known ...
Stray differs from traditional sightseeing tour operators by offering travellers a social, adventurous ‘road trip’ style experience with travel flexibility, access to remote regions and connections with local communities. This unconventional style of travel is known as Stray’s Freestyle Adventure Travel Network. Stray operates in 8 countries across Asia-Pacific (including New Zealand and Australia). Stray collaborates with quality partners to deliver a truly meaningful and varied travel experience. Stray’s customers ‘See More’ than the average tourist, ‘Do More’ to make a positive impact and will ‘Be More’, growing through the experiences they share.Read more
55 Stray Australia Reviews
- Rather Poor
- 4.5 / 5
- 4.5 / 5
- 4 / 5
- Value for money
- 5 / 5
- AZAnastassiyaGreg Freestyle Tour: Sydney > Brisbane5.0 - ExcellentWritten on January 23, 2020It was wonderful! Our tour guide Adam was fantastic. Highly recommend.Stray Australia commented on this reviewThanks for the great review Anastassiya! Stoked to hear you had a great time travelling with us :)
- ClareGreg Pass: Sydney > Brisbane4.0 - GoodWritten on January 12, 2020Enjoyed the trip overall, had a great group and even better driver Linda. Linda was always full of engery and interesting facts and story's. Bit disappointed sh…Read moreStray Australia commented on this reviewHi Clare, thanks for the great review - we definitely agree that Linda is an awesome member of the Stray Team! Hope to have you travelling with us again one day :)
- JJoshMick Freestyle Tour: Sydney > Cairns5.0 - ExcellentWritten on October 27, 2019Kayla was very informative and any questions we had she answered. Easy going and up beat exactly what you want from a guide. 5 star service would highly recomme…Read moreStray Australia commented on this reviewThanks Josh, great news about Kayla! We'll be sure to pass on this feedback :)
- MMoasamuelssonMick Pass: Sydney to Cairns4.5 - ExcellentWritten on October 26, 2019Kayla was the most amazing tourgiude i ever had, she was so much fun. She helped with everything and she was overall fantastic.
- EEvieBrewinsTrev Freestyle Tour: Cairns > Sydney5.0 - ExcellentWritten on October 9, 2019Kayla made this tour! Her attitude is amazing and she offered some insightful views of the area as well as lots of laughs. She's incredible!Stray Australia commented on this reviewAwesome news! We'll be sure to pass this on. Thanks for the review :)
- MMollyMick Pass: Sydney to Cairns4.5 - ExcellentWritten on October 9, 2019Kayla is absolutely awesome! She made me feel super comfortable, she was extra helpful (especially when I lost my shoes!) She was mindful of my time and really …Read moreStray Australia commented on this reviewThis is great to hear Molly, thanks for leaving such great Feedback about Kayla :)
- AAnneliesStu Freestyle Tour: Brisbane > Cairns4.5 - ExcellentWritten on October 9, 2019What an enthousiastic and fun guide!! She took us on hikes, and did her very best to give us a wonderful time. Especially the snorkeling on great kepple island …Read moreStray Australia commented on this reviewSo great to hear you enjoyed your time Straying with us!
- CCourtneyMayTrev Freestyle Tour: Cairns > Sydney5.0 - ExcellentWritten on October 9, 2019Kayla always had such a great energy and was always enthusiastic about what each place had to offer. When on Magnetic Island we did the Forts walk and saw Koala…Read moreStray Australia commented on this reviewThis is so good to hear! Kayla is super popular and we're so happy we could show you an awesome time in Australia!
Stray Australia Tours
About Stray Australia
Stray Australia Guides
- "Hello! I’m Kayla, a bubbly and passionate traveller from Melbourne, Australia. I now call Queensland’s…"
Exclusive benefits with
- Compare 2500+ carefully screened operators
- Read 150,000+ genuine traveller reviews
- Choose from over 40,000 tours
- Always pay the best and lowest price
- Earn unlimited travel credits with every booking
- Never pay credit card or booking fees
- Book via our secure payment platform
- Enjoy flexible payment options
- Trusted by thousands of satisfied travellers
Stray Australia Photos
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions.
What is an hop-on-hop-off tour?
This means you have the flexibility to get on and off at any of Stray's stops and stay as long as you wish before continuing on your journey. The passes are generally valid for 12 months so you can even jump off to work or study for awhile and then just jump back on the next departure coming through the destination.
Is there WI-FI on the buses?
No WI-FI is on the buses that Stray use as they like you to share stories and make friends as this way your experience becomes even more memorable.
I am a solo traveller, is that okay?
Do not worry you will find on the tour alot of your fellow travellers arrive alone, others are with friends or partners. It really doesn’t matter, because by the end of day one you will have already made a great group of friends on the bus!
Is Stray a party bus tour?
The main priority of the tours is getting you out to see the real Australia, and there will be some early starts so that you can fit in as much adventure as possible. However what you do in your evenings is your own choice and of course, the Stray team are a sociable bunch who enjoy a cold beer or two!
Do I need to be quite fit to travel with Stray Australia?
You will find on the tours that you don’t have to be an athlete to travel with Stray, all walks and activities are optional and there will be something for everyone.
How many people are on your tours?
The Stray Australia groups are usually around 15-20 people, with summer being busier than winter. Their main buses seat 40 and they also have 24-27 seater buses that accommodate smaller routes.
Who is a typical Stray Australia traveller?
You will find on your tour that Stray attracts like-minded adventurous travellers from all corners of the globe.
They are more about attitude than age and anyone from 18-70 is welcome, with the majority of their passengers between 21 and 35 years of age.