“I wanted to try out a St Paddy's Day in Ireland and this year I went for it! Booked the Stoke Travel trip and was very happy with my St Paddy's weekedn experience. Included in the price was accommodation in Kilkenny, a beautiful medieval town in the south...“
Awards & Recognitions
Stoke Travel Guides
- Best parties and festivals in Europe
- Excellent value for money
- Explore while having super-fun!
- Free time to enjoy the trip at the fullest
Stoke does travel your way, we won’t herd you around with inflexible itineraries, losing track of the beauty of travel. None of Stoke’s trips are identical, but there is a consistent theme. We like to consider our guests to be participants in the experience, not obs...
Stoke does travel your way, we won’t herd you around with inflexible itineraries, losing track of the beauty of travel. None of Stoke’s trips are identical, but there is a consistent theme. We like to consider our guests to be participants in the experience, not observers. We create an environment where you feels you ‘own’ your trip, with enough flexibility in our schedule for you to make your own decisions as to what you do. We consider ourselves ‘fun merchants', we believe that fun can be created, and is indeed valuable to the traveler. When you’re looking back on the travels you’ve done, surely the trips where you’ve had the most fun will be the trips you remember most fondly. There is no set formula for fun, and everybody enjoys different things, but we make sure the environment is there for you to enjoy yourself while you’re traveling with us… Why does Stoke surf? A long time ago a well known surf brand ran an ad campaign with the slogan “Only a surfer knows the feeling”. In this day and age we can, rightfully, view that sentiment as a pile of sentimental tripe. Nevertheless, the marketing gurus were onto something – surfing is a special pastime, one that transcends the boundaries of sport and art, that inspires the most primal feelings in your latent flippers (we came from the sea, 70% of us still calls the sea our close cousin). To surf is not just to do something overwhelmingly fun, healthy or cool, though it is all of those things, it’s a quasi spiritual pastime, a form of meditation that doesn't require you to stink like a hippy, a way to clear the mind, bring yourself closer to the great creator, to retrace our steps from sea to land, to dance the cosmic dance that our ancestors did all those eons ago… Or maybe, just perhaps, we’re being self indulgent wankers and there isn’t more to surfing than the quite simple act of riding waves, looking cool, scoring babes and getting sand in your ears (amongst other orrifices). In any case, it’s what Stoke Travel does, what got us on the road in the first place, and something we will continue to do until we are old and sultana like. It is for these reasons Stoke takes special pride in its surf camps, it’s where we started and where we want to end up. You should join us for a surf sometime… The sport of kings* is our thing. We started out in Europe chasing waves, and we haven’t even thought about slowing down. *Polynesian royals were the first to get it on, but the British monarchy soon picked it up.Read more
240 Stoke Travel Reviews
- Rather Poor
- 4 / 5
- 4 / 5
- 4.5 / 5
- Value for money
- 4.5 / 5
- 4.5 / 5
- StephieLa Tomatina to Ibiza3.0 - AverageWritten on September 20, 2018Unfortunately the La Tomatina part of my trip was dissapointing due to the fact that staff don't get paid so they were all drunk all of the time. They had no id…Read moreStoke Travel commented on this reviewHi Stephie, Thanks for your feedback, we took it all on board when you made your complaints to us privately, and we've sorted it out where we were wrong. A couple of things on your complaints. All the meals that have been offered were included, with space for many hungry travellers to have seconds. Did you miss the huge paella? It was literally the size of a small car. At some festivals we don't include lunch, but we clearly state that on the website, through the booking process, and in your confirmation emails and pre-trip information sheets. This isn't because we don't want to feed you, but because we have different deals with different campsite partners. As your pre-arrival information lets you know, there was a very cheap and tasty restaurant no more than 20 metres from our campsite, and a store where you could buy snacks, etc. It was just next to the swimming pool with slippery slide, just at the front of the campsite where you walk to the beautiful and warm Mediterranean Sea. Yes, the amazing Ibiza staff did take your extra mattress, as single tents include one mattress, and were unable to inform you of this as they needed it and you were off having fun in the Ibiza sun! Single tent does mean that you will sleep alone in your tent (unless you don't want to), but it will be on just the one mattress. If anybody really needs two mattresses we'll see what we can do, but generally everybody fits on the one. Sorry about your sunstroke, Mediterranean sun can be pretty unforgiving, that's why we've made sure our Ibiza camp is well shaded -- by trees and coverings we made ourselves We do not specifically create camps for people to be drunk at, but if that's how our guests want to pass their Ibiza trip, or their La Tomatina experience, then we're going to make sure they do so in a safe, fun environment surrounded by amazing partying legends from all over the world -- our staff included. That's how festival travel should be!
- MBMackenzieLa Tomatina (3 night Hotel Package) 3.0 - AverageWritten on September 6, 2018Stoke as a company are quite disorganised. We had multiple emails sending us incorrect information which we had to query to get the right info. The accommodatio…Read moreStoke Travel commented on this reviewHi Mackenzie, Thanks for the feedback, it's super important to us. We do apologise for the incorrect information being sent to you, but do want to make clear that the mistake was identified, rectified and the culprit chastised well before the tour began. The intern who sent those incorrect emails was sent up the greasy pole to have tomatoes pelted at them -- I hope you had the chance to mete out your vengeance on that inbox infraction, and we're happy that we were able to get the correct information to you with more than ample time for your tour to start. We can't address your issues with the rooms, as the hotel assures us that all Stoke travellers were given the same accommodations as others staying at their establishment. We can confirm that when you book a trip with Stoke Travel you will receive more inclusions for way less, so thank you for reinforcing that we are cheaper than most, if not all, out there, and that we do consistently seem to be the legends' choice, meaning that even if you're not having the best time you will be surrounded by great people who are and really, at the end of the day, isn't travel about the people we're with and the experiences we find ourselves in? We're glad you met some legends, at Stoke Travel we're proud of putting great people together and into the times of their lives.
- JJohnStoke Afloat Croatia Cruise5.0 - ExcellentWritten on August 18, 2018Unreal sail around Croatia with a awesome crew and even better tour guide Olivia. Would definitely recommend to all
- CarissaUltimate Oktoberfest Adventure (4 nights)2.0 - Rather poorWritten on August 13, 2018If you're an 18 yo kiwi or aussie looking to get completely annihilated everyday, welcome to paradise. If you're over 25, looking for somewhere dry and warm to …Read moreStoke Travel commented on this reviewHi Carissa, Thanks for your review and the constructive criticism. Let us clarify some of your points. At Stoke Travel we're proud to create environments where people can party, or chill out, in whichever manner that befits their mood, or stage of festivities. Yes, we do provide dancefloors, DJs and live music -- all absolutely free of charge -- but we also have undercover shaded areas with padded seating to chill out and chat in (granted, we bought the padded seats from an out-of-business strip club, but that history is about as hedonistic as these chill out zones gets). There's absolutely no pressure for anyone to drink too much beer, or sangria, despite having an open bar. We just want to provide an economic alternative for travellers who would rather pay €10 per day for all the drinks they can consume, rather than €2.50 per beer in the onsite vending machines. That said, having beer vending machines is pretty cool. For sure, some revellers party hard, BUT this is a beer festival, and so reasonably unsurprising. We do make sure that travellers don't drink too much, and have cut many guests off from the bar for being too drunk, or acting like fools. We do, however, like to let people enjoy themselves in whichever way they want to. Every traveller is different and we like to accommodate as many of their varying needs as we physically can. That is why since our inception we've bent over backwards to provide more entertainment than anybody else operating in Munich -- the aforementioned live music and DJs, burlesque shows, carnival games in our campsite, stand-up comedians and our famous radio show that's broadcast over the event. The tents are... tents. They are triple share, but we use them to accommodate two people. There is a glamping option, or a single tent option, if the accommodations aren't up to a traveller's standards. These cost a little more, but we obviously cannot provide individual tepees for the thousands of partiers we host over the event (last year 7,500 and this year will be even bigger!). We do provide mattresses and sleeping bags, where nobody else offering similar accommodations does, and if these aren't up to standard then we will replace them with new sets. If you were given torn and dirty gear we simply would have replaced it, just like we would have replaced the air mattress if it was faulty. Yes, you have to pay for hot water, but that's the campsite's stipulation and not ours. In 10 years of operating at this campsite we've never known the hot water to be lacking. Yes, it is a 20 minute ride on public transport to the beer halls, but that's because it's incredibly poor use of city space to have campsites in the city centre. We're just outside the centre, on the main metro (U-Bahn) line, surrounded by trees and pumpkin fields, and we think that's pretty nice. Your claim that Stoke Travel is bad value for money is incorrect.A brief search for dorm accommodation in Munich over Oktoberfest sees the cheapest shared rooms coming in at €50-60 per night for a bed. Stoke Travel includes a shared tent, cooked breakfast and dinner, all the entertainment listed above, the opportunity to take advantage of the open bar, and a group of thousands of potentially like-minded travellers to party with and get to know, a mere stone's throw from downtown Munich. We're in this business to provide travellers with more value for less money, as well as spaces where they can meet people from all over the world, party with them, and be whoever they want to be. Last year we hosted people from over 80 countries, of all ages, and we hope that they all found they could truly enjoy not just Oktoberfest, but Stoke Travel's installations at that famous festival. It's disappointing that you didn't find what you were looking for, and we sincerely hope that you'll give us another chance in the future.
Stoke Travel Tours
About Stoke Travel
Stoke Travel videos
- San Vino
- Running of the Bulls
- Van Surfari/San Sebastian
- Show more...
- La Tomatina
- Spring Break Ibiza
- Las Fallas Fire Shots
- Why Not Wine And Waves?
- The Perfect Day In Barcelona
- Surfari Interview
- La Tomatina Teaser 2016
- Running of the Bulls Teaser
- San Vino On The Spanish TV
- Springfest 2014
- Oktoberfest 2015
- Les Fetes De Bayonne
- San Seb Surf Camp
- San Vino Roaming Around The World
- Barcelona Boat Party
- Buzzy Kiwi Oktoberfest
- Buzzy Kiwi Sziget
- The Stoke Travel Passport
- A day in the life at Stoketoberfest
- Surfing San Sebastian
- Ibiza Beach Camp
- Stoke Travel's Guide to Ibiza
- The Stoke Travel Passport explained
- Stoked in the Park Pamplona
- Stoke Travel's San Vino Campsite
- Stoke Travel's Guide to Valencia
- San Fermin (Running of the Bulls) Opening Ceremony
- San Vino on BBC
- London to Edinburgh for Hogmanay
- La Tomatina, The Campsite
Awards & Recognitions
Stoke Travel Guides
Exclusive benefits with
- Compare 600+ carefully screened operators
- Read 100,000+ genuine traveller reviews
- Choose between 25,000+ tours
- Always pay the best and lowest price
- Earn unlimited travel credits with every booking
- Never pay credit card or booking fees
- Book via our secure payment platform
- Enjoy flexible payment options
- Trusted by thousands of satisfied travellers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions.
What type of accommodation do we stay in?
At our campsites the standard accommodation are twin-share tents. However, there are upgrade options for each trip, book Glamping if you want to sleep in more comfort, alone (solo tent) or in groups (teepees)! For some trips they include hotel or dorm-style accommodation, this is specified in the what’s included section of each trip.
How do I change my booking?
If you need to edit your booking at any time just email us through our online portal and we’ll do our very best to update this for you.
How to add extras?
There are add-on options which are different for each trip and will help you make the most of your time with us! You can add these at the time of booking e.g. upgrading to a solo tent or adding on our ever famous €10 per night unlimited beer & sangria option!
Can I add extra nights?
Yes you can, message us via our online portal, or check out all the Stoke Travel trips on TourRadar. Chances are you'll see an option for the number of nights you're after.
I haven't received my voucher, am I going to be okay to check in?
Yes, you don't need one. Just give us the name you used at the time of booking at check in. Your pre-departure information will be sent through to you, via the booking email and will state everything you need to know.
When will I receive my pre-departure information?
We send out pre-departure information roughly 2 weeks before your departure date, so you don’t lose the email in all your inbox. In the meantime if you have any questions feel free to message us via the online portal.
Is alcohol cheap?
At €10 per day for an open bar at our campsites, yes booze is cheap! So make the most of pre-drinking before heading out and you shall be thrifty little party animals.
Do I need to have a passport and travel visa?
Yes, before travelling make sure your passport has at least 6 months before expiry on it and check what visas your nationality may require.
What will the weather be like?
We are no weather gods and cannot predict rain, hail or shine, so come prepared.
Can I come and have a beer if I’m under 18?
Unfortunately our drinking age is 18. Wait a few years matey.