“Tour overall was fine. We enjoyed the tour & itinerary provided, the tour guides were punctual and did deliver what was written on the tour. The only disappointment was the fact that they did not provide sufficient information daily as to when would be the...“
- Authentic Icelandic operator
- Deep knowledge of the Icelandic territory
- Sustainability and love for the local environment
- Wide range of choices and programs
Saga Travel is a creative and dynamic tour operator with small group guarantee for all scheduled departures. We offer day tours from Akureyri, Lake Mývatn and Reykjavik and a range of escorted holidays, short breaks and self drive packages around Iceland. Saga Trave...
Saga Travel is a creative and dynamic tour operator with small group guarantee for all scheduled departures. We offer day tours from Akureyri, Lake Mývatn and Reykjavik and a range of escorted holidays, short breaks and self drive packages around Iceland. Saga Travel is built by people with passion for Iceland and travel. We believe that life should be an adventure, driven by the desire for knowledge and new experiences. All our tour guides are highly qualified and experienced local professionals, who know the land like the back of their hand and are storytellers at heart.Read more
26 Saga Travel Reviews
- Rather Poor
- 4.5 / 5
- 4.5 / 5
- 4.5 / 5
- Value for money
- 4 / 5
- 4.5 / 5
- FLFrancisco7 Day Akureyri & Reykjavik Complete Iceland4.0 - GoodWritten on October 12, 2018Overall satisfied although some miscommunication maybe due to language barrier.special thanks to Tereza and Paulina from hotel Skuggi for being very helpful and…Read moreSaga Travel commented on this reviewHi Francisco - this is Anna Margrét here at Saga Travel GeoIceland. Thank you for taking the time in leaving us a review. I'll be sure to notify Skuggi Hotel for Tereza's and Paulina's great assistance :-) Best regards, Anna Margrét
- VCVictoria7 Day Reykjavík & Local Highlights5.0 - ExcellentWritten on October 9, 2018Amazing tour wonderful peopleSaga Travel commented on this reviewHi Vitctoria - Anna Margrét here at Saga Travel GeoIceland. Thank you for your review and comment! Happy to have you travelling with us on your visit to Iceland. If you are ever in Iceland again, you know where to find us! :-) Best regards, Anna Margrét
- GDGeorge3 Day Akureyri & Local Highlights5.0 - ExcellentWritten on August 25, 2018Iceland is such a beautiful country!!! The Ground Tour and the Whale Watching Tour were excellent and well done. I plan on revisiting Iceland in the very near f…Read moreSaga Travel commented on this reviewHi George - this is Anna Margrét here at Saga Travel GeoIceland Happy to hear that you enjoyed Iceland and travelling with us! :-) You know where to find us if ever in Iceland again. My warmest regards, Anna Margrét
- LRLaura7 Day Reykjavík & Local Highlights5.0 - ExcellentWritten on August 10, 2018The hotel you set us up with, for the full week, 8 days, 7 nights— Hotel Odinsve of Reykjavik was OUTSTANDING! The location was close to everything— the church…Read moreSaga Travel commented on this reviewHi Ricky and Laura - this is Anna Margrét here at Saga Travel GeoIceland. Thank you for a great review, so happy to see that everything was so greatly met by your standards :-) If you are ever in Iceland again, you know where to find us! Best regards, Anna Margrét
- LRLaura7 Day Reykjavík & Local Highlights5.0 - ExcellentWritten on August 10, 2018We had a blast on the Golden Circle Tour with Mr. Baldwin! He kept all 16 passengers on the mini-bus entertained from the minute we were picked up, till he dr…Read moreSaga Travel commented on this reviewHello Laura & Ricky - Tinna here Thank you so much for your kind words. We really appreciate it and are very happy that you enjoyed the tour like that. We hope that you have the chance to travel with us again! Best regards Tinna and Saga Travel GeoIceland Team
- NCNancy7 Day Reykjavík & Local Highlights4.5 - ExcellentWritten on August 2, 2018Thanks for putting together a great tour for my father and I! We will happily recommend Saga Tours in the future!Saga Travel commented on this reviewHi Nancy That´s wonderful to hear, we really appreciate your kind words! All the best Tinna
- THToshie5 Day Reykjavík & Local Highlights4.0 - GoodWritten on July 9, 2018This was my first time using TourRadar to book an Iceland trip. Booking online was very easy and I was lucky enough to have Anna Margret of Saga Travel as my bo…Read moreSaga Travel commented on this reviewHi Toshie, Anna Margrét here at Saga Travel GeoIceland. Thank you for your great review on our Short Break - glad to have you travel with us! :-) Sending my best regards, Anna Margrét
- DBDavid5 Day Reykjavík & Local Highlights5.0 - ExcellentWritten on January 17, 2018The accommodation at Sunna was clean and comfy, also well placed in Reykjavik. Our window view was of the famous church and overlooking the statue museum. T…Read moreSaga Travel commented on this reviewHi hi David - this is Hildigunnur at Saga Travel, thank you very much for a great review it´s always nice to hear from your customers how they experience our service. We hope to see you again in Iceland and would love to assist yo with your travel. Kind regards Hildigunnur
- HLHong5 Day Reykjavík & Local Highlights4.0 - GoodWritten on January 2, 2018Tour overall was fine. We enjoyed the tour & itinerary provided, the tour guides were punctual and did deliver what was written on the tour. The only disappoint…Read moreSaga Travel commented on this reviewHi hi Hong Lui Tan - this is Hildigunnur here at Saga Travel. It´s always nice to hear from our customers to improve our service. We thank you for your nice words and helpful comments and hope to see you again in Iceland. Kind regards Hildigunnur
Saga Travel Tours
About Saga Travel
Saga Travel videos
- Iceland: The Ultimate Travel Guide
- Northern Lights in North Iceland
Exclusive benefits with
- Compare 600+ carefully screened operators
- Read 100,000+ genuine traveller reviews
- Choose between 25,000+ tours
- Always pay the best and lowest price
- Earn unlimited travel credits with every booking
- Never pay credit card or booking fees
- Book via our secure payment platform
- Enjoy flexible payment options
- Trusted by thousands of satisfied travellers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions.
When is it daylight in Iceland?
Summer visitors who arrive to a bright midnight sky and ask when it gets dark in Iceland are sometimes told “in the middle of August.” The sun barely sets in the summer and it´s light round-the-clock in the north at the peak of summer. In mid-winter, expect only about four to five hours of daylight a day.
What is the currency in Iceland?
The Icelandic króna (ISK). All major currencies can be exchanged at the airport, banks and currency exchanges. Visa and MasterCard are accepted almost universally, and ATMs are generally not hard to find.
How many people will be in my group?
This depends on the nature of the excursion and the season of travel, but our rule is.
Super Jeep tours: Maximum 6 persons per jeep
Minibus: Maximum 16 persons per minibus
Bus tours: We do not travel this way in any of our tours. But…
Exeption A) Big Private groups
Exeption B) When we book for you with other tour operator then Saga Travel
What are Icelandic people like?
Quite Nordic personality, exceptionally friendly, highly educated, sophisticated, attractive, honest and very modern. Their ancestors were predominantly Norwegian, although some came from the British Isles. There are no Inuits in Iceland.
What clothing should I bring?
In the summer, light clothing is often all you need – but always be prepared for both cold and wet weather at all times of the year. The weather can be extremely changeable. Icelanders often say, “If you don´t like the weather, just wait 15 minutes.” And always bring a bathing suit, whatever time of the year you visit. A favourite pastime is year-round outdoor swimming in countless geothermally heated pools and lagoons, with a typical temperature of 25-28°C.
How cold does it get in Iceland?
Thanks to the Gulf Stream, Iceland isn´t as cold as it sounds. Temperatures are moderate year-round. Average July temperatures are around 10°C and the north and east are often the warmest parts in the summer. Snow is not the orm and only settles intermittently in the south but tends to stay longer in the north. Fine winter skiing areas are found on higher ground outside many towns, however. Average January temperatures in Reykjavík, at around zero, are actually higher than those in New York.