“My origins are from Greece, and I planned for many years to visit Romania. Coming from a Balkan country, I never considered Romania an essential destination. Only after I studied more about Byzantine history, I put Romania in my top countries to visit, and...“
- Discover Romania through in-depth cultural multi-day tours
- Custom traditional activities and workshops
- Responsible travel and preservation of cultural heritage
- Professional and friendly tour leaders
Regardless of purpose – leisure or business – or the duration of your trip, group size or desired itinerary, we’ll do our best to provide high-quality information and convenient solutions. Rolandia team consists of professionals specialized on incoming tourism, offe...
Regardless of purpose – leisure or business – or the duration of your trip, group size or desired itinerary, we’ll do our best to provide high-quality information and convenient solutions. Rolandia team consists of professionals specialized on incoming tourism, offering full support in planning and booking your holiday in Romania. All necessary information is available online or by calling one of our consultants. We provide tailor-made solutions making it easier for you to design your holiday, from accommodation and transport to interesting and engaging activities organized in Romania. The tours and holiday packs created by Rolandia combine the excitement of discovering new places with the comfort and safety of a pleasant stay, while also observing the guidelines of environmentally friendly tourism.Read more
112 Rolandia Reviews
- Rather Poor
- 4.5 / 5
- 5 / 5
- 4.5 / 5
- Value for money
- 5 / 5
- 5 / 5
- ESElizabethTransylvania Castle tour in four days from Bucharest5.0 - ExcellentWritten on December 26, 2019Overall, excellent!!
- KKaiaBest of Romania in 10 days5.0 - ExcellentWritten on November 16, 2019We had the best time on our Best of Romania in 10 days tour with Rolandia. Alex was incredibly nice, answered all of our questions and told us lovely stories ab…Read moreRolandia commented on this reviewHi Kaia, Thank you for your kind words, it was our pleasure to organize this tour for you! We hope everyone from the group loved Romania and please let us know if we should send Mike some Mititei, as he requested before departing! Warmest regards from Romania, Ioana
- ZZhaoFeiClassic Romania Tour5.0 - ExcellentWritten on November 16, 2019We chose Rolandia's Classic Romania tour with 4* hotel accommodation included. Our tour guide, Chris, was very knowledgeable and personable. The choices of tour…Read moreRolandia commented on this reviewHi ZhaoFei, Thank you so much for your nice words! We are pleased to learn you enjoyed your trip and we hope you return to Romania! Warmest regards, Ioana
- RachaelHalloween in Transylvania 2020| 7-day tour and Halloween party at Dracula Castle (6 destinations)5.0 - ExcellentWritten on November 7, 2019So much fun. The Halloween party was amazing. The tour guide did everything she could to make this a magical trip for me. Thank you so much Claudia and rolandia…Read moreRolandia commented on this reviewHi Rachel, Please let me tell you that your photographs are amazing! You are extremely talented! We're really happy you enjoyed this trip, I know how important it was for you and I hope you will return one day! Warmest regards, Ioana
- SCSusanTransylvania Castle tour in four days from Bucharest4.5 - ExcellentWritten on November 4, 2019The whole trip flowed very well. The order we did trip in told us the story about Vlad the Impaler from start to finish. The Castles, Fortresses and cities all …Read moreRolandia commented on this reviewHi Susan, Thank you very much for taking the time to review your trip! We will let Alex know of your nice review and I am sure he will be extremely happy! We hope Romania made you a good impression too! Warmest regards, Ioana
- GGiorgosBest of Romania in 10 days5.0 - ExcellentWritten on October 27, 2019My origins are from Greece, and I planned for many years to visit Romania. Coming from a Balkan country, I never considered Romania an essential destination. On…Read moreRolandia commented on this reviewHi Giorgos, Thank you for your wonderful review! Romania is, indeed an important part of the Byzantine history, and we are very glad you chose to put it on your list! Warmest regards, Ioana
- LLLesleyBest of Romania in 10 days4.5 - ExcellentWritten on October 23, 2019Overall I was happy with the transportation, itinerary, breakfast and the tour accommodation of the Best of Romania in 10 days tour which started on 28/9/2019 a…Read moreRolandia commented on this reviewDearest Lesley, Thank you very much for your feedback! Because it is a shared your, and we sometimes have guests with various mobility issues, we must stick to a certain schedule in order to visit everything that is included. I believe he was concerned about not being able to visit everything in time. However, we apologize for this and he should have communicated with you. Please be informed that your booking was made in 3* hotels and we upgraded you for free to 4* hotels (as stated in my message on the 27th of August), because we had more participants to this tour and our budget allowed us to, so Duke Romana, the hotel prior to your arrival was a 4* hotel which was the only one who had availability on that date. You were initially booked at a 3* hotel prior to your arrival (as requested when you booked the tour), but because we have upgraded you for free, we wanted to also upgrade the 3* hotel. I did change your hotel but from a 3* hotel to a 4* hotel. The rest of the guests have already booked the tour in 4* hotels, and we have booked for them in advance the rooms at Moxa Boutique 4*, and I tried to get you a room prior to your arrival as well, but they did not have availability. We hope you loved Romania overall and we hope you come back again! Warmest regards, Ioana
- JBJudithTransylvania Castle tour in four days from Bucharest5.0 - ExcellentWritten on October 20, 2019I really ejoyed visiting Romania and learning about the country. The castles and churches we visited met all my expectations. Our guide Nick was very knowled…Read moreRolandia commented on this reviewHi Judith, Thank you for the review, we are very happy you enjoyed Romania! Rolandia Team
Exclusive benefits with
- Compare 2500+ carefully screened operators
- Read 150,000+ genuine traveller reviews
- Choose from over 40,000 tours
- Always pay the best and lowest price
- Earn unlimited travel credits with every booking
- Never pay credit card or booking fees
- Book via our secure payment platform
- Enjoy flexible payment options
- Trusted by thousands of satisfied travellers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions.
What is the supply voltage?
The supply voltage is 220V, 50Hz and the electricity plugs supported in Romania are CEE 7/4, CEE 7/16 and CEE 7/17.
Do you provide transportation and pick-up?
Yes, we provide airport or hotel pick-up and drop-off as well as private transportation.
Do I need a health insurance?
Even though traveling to Romania doesn’t require any immunization due to the lack of infections and poisonous insects, we highly recommend getting health insurance before visiting us. Better safe than sorry.
Do I need a visa to travel to Romania if I am not an EU citizen?
Americans, Canadians, as well as citizens of Australia, New Zealand and most of the non-EU countries, do not need an entry visa to travel to Romania for stays shorter than 90 days. If you plan to stay longer than 90 days you will need to contact the Romanian Embassy to obtain a visa.
All European driver licenses, as well as U.S. and Canadian, are valid for driving in Romania for 90 days from the date of entry into Romania.
Entering and leaving Romania is free, no travel tax is charged.
What is the Romanian currency?
Although Romania is an EU member, the official Romanian currency is the Leu (lei), with the international abbreviation RON. It is valued at €0.2 – 0.3.
The Romanian currency cannot be bought from abroad, so if you want to exchange foreign currency in RON it is best to find a local exchange office or a bank that displays 0% commission. In general, exchange offices located at the airport or near railway stations offer lower exchange rates, and usually, it’s better to exchange currency at exchange offices rather than banks.
What is the spoken language in Romania?
Our official language is Romanian, a Romance language evolved from several Latin dialects. According to the Foreign Service Institute, it is one of the easiest languages to learn in the world. But don’t worry, because you won’t have to learn a whole new language a couple of days before your vacation. 31% of the Romanian population can speak English and over 20% can speak French.