“This tour was a good “taster” of Romania with flexibility about some parts of the daily itinerary and a guide who was passionate about sharing the Romanian culture. Some of the days were not as action packed as others but there was some beautiful scenery. ...“
- Discover Romania through in-depth cultural multi-day tours
- Custom traditional activities and workshops
- Responsible travel and preservation of cultural heritage
- Professional and friendly tour leaders
Regardless of purpose – leisure or business – or the duration of your trip, group size or desired itinerary, we’ll do our best to provide high-quality information and convenient solutions. Rolandia team consists of professionals specialized on incoming tourism, offe...
Regardless of purpose – leisure or business – or the duration of your trip, group size or desired itinerary, we’ll do our best to provide high-quality information and convenient solutions. Rolandia team consists of professionals specialized on incoming tourism, offering full support in planning and booking your holiday in Romania. All necessary information is available online or by calling one of our consultants. We provide tailor-made solutions making it easier for you to design your holiday, from accommodation and transport to interesting and engaging activities organized in Romania. The tours and holiday packs created by Rolandia combine the excitement of discovering new places with the comfort and safety of a pleasant stay, while also observing the guidelines of environmentally friendly tourism.Read more
66 Rolandia Reviews
- Rather Poor
- 4.5 / 5
- 5 / 5
- 4.5 / 5
- Value for money
- 4.5 / 5
- 5 / 5
- FBFranklinTransylvania Castles - 4 days Medieval Tour5.0 - ExcellentWritten on October 24, 2018This tour exceeded our expectations! Nick, our guide, spoke perfect English, was very knowledgeable and an excellent driver, too.
- ILIritBest of Romania in 10 Days5.0 - ExcellentWritten on October 23, 2018We highly recommend this tour.
- AAnonymousClassic Romania Tour4.0 - GoodWritten on August 9, 2018This tour was a good “taster” for Romania.
Exclusive benefits with
- Compare 1000+ carefully screened operators
- Read 100,000+ genuine traveller reviews
- Choose between 25,000+ tours
- Always pay the best and lowest price
- Earn unlimited travel credits with every booking
- Never pay credit card or booking fees
- Book via our secure payment platform
- Enjoy flexible payment options
- Trusted by thousands of satisfied travellers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions.
What is the supply voltage?
The supply voltage is 220V, 50Hz and the electricity plugs supported in Romania are CEE 7/4, CEE 7/16 and CEE 7/17.
Do you provide transportation and pick-up?
Yes, we provide airport or hotel pick-up and drop-off as well as private transportation.
Do I need a health insurance?
Even though traveling to Romania doesn’t require any immunization due to the lack of infections and poisonous insects, we highly recommend getting health insurance before visiting us. Better safe than sorry.
Do I need a visa to travel to Romania if I am not an EU citizen?
Americans, Canadians, as well as citizens of Australia, New Zealand and most of the non-EU countries, do not need an entry visa to travel to Romania for stays shorter than 90 days. If you plan to stay longer than 90 days you will need to contact the Romanian Embassy to obtain a visa.
All European driver licenses, as well as U.S. and Canadian, are valid for driving in Romania for 90 days from the date of entry into Romania.
Entering and leaving Romania is free, no travel tax is charged.
What is the Romanian currency?
Although Romania is an EU member, the official Romanian currency is the Leu (lei), with the international abbreviation RON. It is valued at €0.2 – 0.3.
The Romanian currency cannot be bought from abroad, so if you want to exchange foreign currency in RON it is best to find a local exchange office or a bank that displays 0% commission. In general, exchange offices located at the airport or near railway stations offer lower exchange rates, and usually, it’s better to exchange currency at exchange offices rather than banks.
What is the spoken language in Romania?
Our official language is Romanian, a Romance language evolved from several Latin dialects. According to the Foreign Service Institute, it is one of the easiest languages to learn in the world. But don’t worry, because you won’t have to learn a whole new language a couple of days before your vacation. 31% of the Romanian population can speak English and over 20% can speak French.