As of June 2017, Quark Expeditions’ much beloved polar expedition ship the “Sea Adventurer” will be undergoing a multi-million-dollar renovation and be officially renamed the “Ocean Adventurer”.
The new and improved Ocean Adventurer is designed to carry 132 travellers in comfort to the most remote corners of the world. Originally built in Yugoslavia in 1976, this nimble, ice-strengthened ship has become a passenger favourite over the years and underwent refurbishments in 1999 and 2002 with the most significant being in 2017.
With the latest rounds of refurbishments guests will enjoy:
A refreshed, contemporary new look and feel throughout the ship.
The addition of six new twin cabins and three new suites.
All existing cabins will be furnished with all new soft furnishings and brand new bathrooms.
Main common areas such as the Lounge and Dining Room will be remodelled as well as the Bar.
Major technical enhancements – include two new Rolls Royce engines, which will significantly increase fuel efficiency and minimized carbon footprint.
- 57 outside cabins with exterior views and en-suite facilities
- TV and DVD player in every cabin
- Chef-prepared meals (all meals and daily snack included)
- One dining room with unreserved seating
- Bar staffed by a professional bartender
- 24 hour beverage service
- Polar Library with a large collection of polar books and DVDs
- Polar Boutique
- Multi-purpose lounge and presentation room
- Exercise Room
- Ship-to-shore satellite communications with email, and wireless, Internet access
- AElfyn PughAntarctic Explorer5.0 - ExcellentWritten on February 13, 2013
- AAntoinette ByrneAntarctic Explorer5.0 - ExcellentWritten on February 13, 2013
- ADuncan MuirAntarctica, Falklands & South Georgia5.0 - ExcellentWritten on February 7, 2013
- APoonam SatteeAntarctica, Falklands & South Georgia5.0 - ExcellentWritten on January 24, 2013
- AJanet BrayAntarctic Explorer4.0 - GoodWritten on January 23, 2013
- AEvelyn MacleanAntarctic Explorer5.0 - ExcellentWritten on January 4, 2013
- ARobin ThomsonAntarctic Explorer5.0 - ExcellentWritten on January 3, 2013
- AMarcus EvansAntarctic Explorer5.0 - ExcellentWritten on January 2, 2013
- AEnid AstleyAntarctic Explorer5.0 - ExcellentWritten on March 30, 2012
- AKathleen KerrAntarctica, Falklands & South Georgia5.0 - ExcellentWritten on February 26, 2012
Staterooms / Suites
- Triple 128 ft² / 12 m²
- Lower Deck Twin 133 ft² / 12 m²
- Main Deck Porthole 118 ft² / 11 m²
- Main Deck Twin Window 139 ft² / 13 m²
- Superior 142 ft² / 13 m²
- Deluxe 160 ft² / 15 m²
- Suite 215 ft² / 20 m²
- Owner’s Suite 290 ft² / 27 m²
- All 6 cabins are located on the Main Deck, towards the front of the vessel
Dining room located on the Upper Deck
Ocean Adventurer Tours
- Antarctica, Falklands & South Georgia 20 daysStarts UshuaiaEnds Ushuaia$13,495
- Antarctic Explorer 11 daysStarts UshuaiaEnds Ushuaia$7,495
- Antarctic Express: Fly the Drake 8 daysStarts Punta ArenasEnds Punta Arenas$10,495
- Spitsbergen, Greenland & Iceland 13 daysStarts LongyearbyenEnds ReykjavikSold Out
- Spitsbergen Explorer: Wildlife Capital of the Arctic 12 daysStarts OsloEnds Oslo$8,495
- Spitsbergen In Depth: Big Island, Big Adventure 14 daysStarts OsloEnds Oslo$9,995
- Essential Greenland: Southern Coasts and Disko Bay 15 daysStarts ReykjavikEnds Reykjavik$8,495
- Four Arctic Islands: Spitsbergen, Jan Mayen, Greenland and Iceland 18 daysStarts OsloEnds Reykjavik$12,995
- Antarctic Express: Peninsula In Depth 11 daysStarts Punta ArenasEnds Punta ArenasSold Out
- Arctic Saga: Exploring Spitsbergen via the Faroes and Jan Mayen 14 daysStarts AberdeenEnds Longyearbyen$6,495
- Jewels of the Russian Arctic: Franz Josef Land and Novaya Zemlya 16 daysStarts HelsinkiEnds Helsinki$10,495
- High Arctic Odyssey: Remote Russian Archipelagos 22 daysStarts HelsinkiEnds Helsinki$21,495