As of June 2017, Quark Expeditions’ much beloved polar expedition ship the “Sea Adventurer” will be undergoing a multi-million-dollar renovation and be officially renamed the “Ocean Adventurer”.
The new and improved Ocean Adventurer is designed to carry 132 travellers in comfort to the most remote corners of the world. Originally built in Yugoslavia in 1976, this nimble, ice-strengthened ship has become a passenger favourite over the years and underwent refurbishments in 1999 and 2002 with the most significant being in 2017.
With the latest rounds of refurbishments guests will enjoy:
A refreshed, contemporary new look and feel throughout the ship.
The addition of six new twin cabins and three new suites.
All existing cabins will be furnished with all new soft furnishings and brand new bathrooms.
Main common areas such as the Lounge and Dining Room will be remodelled as well as the Bar.
Major technical enhancements – include two new Rolls Royce engines, which will significantly increase fuel efficiency and minimized carbon footprint.
- 57 outside cabins with exterior views and en-suite facilities
- TV and DVD player in every cabin
- Chef-prepared meals (all meals and daily snack included)
- One dining room with unreserved seating
- Bar staffed by a professional bartender
- 24 hour beverage service
- Polar Library with a large collection of polar books and DVDs
- Polar Boutique
- Multi-purpose lounge and presentation room
- Exercise Room
- Ship-to-shore satellite communications with email, and wireless, Internet access
Staterooms / Suites
- Triple 128 ft² / 12 m²
- Lower Deck Twin 133 ft² / 12 m²
- Main Deck Porthole 118 ft² / 11 m²
- Main Deck Twin Window 139 ft² / 13 m²
- Superior 142 ft² / 13 m²
- Deluxe 160 ft² / 15 m²
- Suite 215 ft² / 20 m²
- Owner’s Suite 290 ft² / 27 m²
- All 6 cabins are located on the Main Deck, towards the front of the vessel
Dining room located on the Upper Deck
Ocean Adventurer Tours
- Antarctic Peninsula, Falkland Islands & South Georgia from Ushuaia 20 daysStarts UshuaiaEnds Ushuaia$13,495
- Antarctic Explorer from Ushuaia 12 day 12 daysStarts UshuaiaEnds Ushuaia$8,995
- Spitsbergen, East Greenland and Iceland - Southbound 15 daysStarts OsloEnds Reykjavik$10,590
- Introduction to Spitsbergen 10 daysStarts LongyearbyenEnds Longyearbyen$9,120
- Spitsbergen in Depth (Ocean Adventurer) 14 daysStarts LongyearbyenEnds Longyearbyen$9,890
- Antarctic Express - Crossing the Circle from Punta Arenas 11 daysStarts Punta ArenasEnds Punta Arenas$17,995
- Antarctic Explorer from Ushuaia 11 day 11 daysStarts UshuaiaEnds Ushuaia$7,495
- Antarctic Express - Fly the Drake from Punta Arenas 8 daysStarts Punta ArenasEnds Punta Arenas$10,495
- Northwest Passage High Arctic, Villages and Icebergs 17 daysStarts OttawaEnds OttawaSold Out