“Peregrine Tour – Classic African Safari Feedback Overall experience: Excellent The principal objectives of this tour were all achieved. We were able to view and photograph nearly all the animals we hoped to see. We had good leaders and drivers and ex...“
Peregrine is for premium adventures, meaning embracing the spirit of adventure through a more immersive cultural journey. Hand-picked accommodation, small groups, award-winning local guides, added inclusions and a more considered pace. Not through a coach window or ...
Peregrine is for premium adventures, meaning embracing the spirit of adventure through a more immersive cultural journey. Hand-picked accommodation, small groups, award-winning local guides, added inclusions and a more considered pace. Not through a coach window or with 50 strangers wearing headsets, not with a personal butler or a big buffet breakfast, but intimately, authentically, memorably. Premium means an exceptional experience, but never an artificial one. Accommodation is hand-picked for its quality, character, amenities and central location. Each tour includes at least one stand out property - places that offer a deeper level of cultural immersion or unique perspective of a destination. It could be a heritage stay in a Rajasthan Palace, a wilderness lodge in the Sri Lankan jungle, a splash of luxury in a Moroccan Riad, or a night in stilt cottages over Myanmar's Inle Lake. Peregrine employs local guides and porters on all of their trips in order to give back to local economies and create jobs. Who better to show you around than someone born and raised in the area, someone with great connections within the community, an understanding of the culture and a passion for their region? Local guides will also help you find the best places to eat, point you in the direction of hidden highlights and provide you with practical information on etiquette, tipping and speaking the language. Group sizes are a maximum of 12 people, meaning less time checking into hotels and getting on and off transport, and more time seeing the sights. Even their Adventure Cruising and Polar tours use small ships, allowing you to truly immerse yourself in a destination and get into areas often restricted to larger groups . You'll also get more personalized attention from your local guide and be able to develop meaningful connections with the others in your group. Peregrine tours are also a popular choice for those travelling solo as they're a great way to meet others with similar interests. Peregrine travels at a slower pace with more days in each destination, giving you the chance to soak up the atmosphere, relax and unwind at your own speed. It's not about ticking off 12 countries in two weeks; it'ss about finding the pulse of a destination and learning its story.Read more
103 Peregrine Adventures Reviews
- Rather Poor
- 4.5 / 5
- 4.5 / 5
- 4.5 / 5
- Value for money
- 4.5 / 5
- 4.5 / 5
- AHALIXHighlights of Morocco4.0 - GoodWritten on April 13, 2018historic sites 123456
- TQTingtingMorocco Explorer4.5 - ExcellentWritten on April 4, 2018It was a fun and memorable trip. It exceeded my expectation.
- FLFrancoiseCambodia In Depth5.0 - ExcellentWritten on February 17, 2018Guide was really good, very attentive to our needs and flexible. He wanted to know our desires and tried to satisfy them as much as he could. He was not too ove…Read morePeregrine Adventures commented on this reviewHi Francoise, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! We’re delighted to hear that you had a great time in Cambodia and that your local leader showed you a great time in his country. We hope to see you on another trip with us again soon! Kind regards, Peregrine
- JJakeAntarctic Peninsula, Falkland Islands & South Georgia: From Buenos Aires5.0 - ExcellentWritten on January 16, 2018Mind-blowing!! Highlight of my life and could not fault the operations.Peregrine Adventures commented on this reviewHi Jake, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We’re delighted to hear that you had such a great time in Antarctica – it really is the adventure of a lifetime, isn’t it? We hope to see you on another trip with us again soon – it’ll be hard to top this one, but we’re up for the challenge! Kind regards, Peregrine
- DNDeniseGreat Wall Experience - Independent4.0 - GoodWritten on January 9, 2018…nd stay at that guest house gain...of course Jerry would be my guide. Peregrine did a good job too coordinating the tour and making sure I had all…Read morePeregrine Adventures commented on this reviewHi Denise, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We’re delighted to hear that you had such a great time at the Great Wall – and we hope to see you on another trip with us again soon! Kind regards, Peregrine
- RBRobertEssential Cuba4.0 - GoodWritten on December 10, 2017We really enjoyed our trip of Cuba and our fellow travellers were great fun.
- PNPaulaBhutan: Dragon Kingdom4.5 - ExcellentWritten on November 1, 2017Bhutan is a semitropical mountain country of Buddhist people who are proud, progressive, forward and backward looking and is total joy to be part of
Peregrine Adventures Tours
About Peregrine Adventures
Peregrine Adventures videos
- Experience life on the Ganges
- Enjoy afternoon tea in Kenya
- Fall for Iguazu
- Get up, up and away
- Junk cruising in Halong Bay
- Show more...
- Encounter Rwandan gorillas
- Visit EAMO
- Hippo African Wildlife
- North America Travel
- A Day In Vietnam
- Nepal Trekking
- Vietnam & Cambodia
- Egypt Cultural Travel
- Antarctic Adventures
- East Africa Wildlife Safari
- Antarctic Peninsula
- Travel Nepal - Royal Chitwan National Park
- Cambodia Culture Travel
- Peru & The Inca Trail
- South Africa Wildlife Safari
- Patagonia & Argentina Travel
- Peru Travel - Inca Trail, Machu Picchu, Nazca Lines
- Travel Nepal - Himalayas, Mount Everest
- Travel to Dead Sea, Petra, Jerash, Middle East
- Travel Oman: Jordan Travel
- Jordan Jewel of Middle East Travel
- Italy Travel Villas to Villages
- Italy - Land of Tradition & Culture
- India's Bengal Tiger & Wildlife
- Travel India - Local Indian Guides
- Peregrine Artic Travel Tour
- Greenland, Artic Ocean Cruise
- Galapagos Islands Travel
- Travel Galapagos Islands
- Travel Egypt, Local Egyptian Guides
- Borneo Travel
- Nepal, An Inspiring Culture
- Egyptian Tour And Travel
- Andean Condor
- Peru Inspiration Travel
- Patagonia Travel
- Antarctica Wildlife
- Antarctica Cruise Exploration
- South Africa Adventure
- South Africa Safari
- Botswana Safari
- Travel India Highlights
- Iceland: The Ultimate Travel Guide
- Japan: The Ultimate Travel Guide
- Ultimate Travel Guide: Canada
Local Leaders, Always
By Travelers, For Travelers
Exclusive benefits with
- Compare 500+ carefully screened operators
- Read 70,000+ genuine traveller reviews
- Choose between 20,000+ tours
- Always pay the best and lowest price
- Earn unlimited travel credits with every booking
- Never pay credit card or booking fees
- Book via our secure payment platform
- Enjoy flexible payment options
- Trusted by thousands of satisfied travellers
Peregrine Adventures Photos
Popular for Peregrine Adventures
Peregrine Story & History
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions.
What will the weather be like on the tour?
The weather can vary from destination to destination and can fluctuate throughout the year. More information is available in the specific trip notes, so please get in touch to request a copy.
Are there any long travelling days during the tour?
Peregrine tour itineraries indicate travelling time and mode of transport. Although there are some days where the travel is relatively long distances, their trips are organised to make travelling as convenient and efficient as possible.
What form of transportation is used on the tour?
Peregrine use private vehicles, and sometimes local transport where it adds to the experience (ie. the Shinkansen 'Bullet Train'). In certain areas, whether it’s the old quarter of a city or a remote rural valley, the best way to explore is on foot, so they try to incorporate some walking. Peregrine also use boats, ships, camels, bicycles which can all add to the authentic nature of our trips.
Is it possible to book extra pre/post tour accommodation?
Yes, we can certainly help book pre and post tour accommodation, please get in touch for more details and prices.
How to get to the starting point of the tour?
Airport transfers are usually included in the price of Peregrine tours. Tours always start in a specified hotel and we let travellers know exactly when they need to be at that hotel.
Does Peregrine cater to travellers with special dietary needs?
Yes, just let us know when you're booking, so we can inform the local leaders. That way they can make sure you are looked after in the local restaurants. Keep in mind that in some places your diet might be slightly limited, as meat often forms an integral part of the local cuisine.
What types of food is offered on the tour?
The tour leaders are local to the regions you visit, meaning they can take you to out of the way places for the most interesting cuisine. Their local knowledge comes in handy for deciphering menus and you can get tips on local delicacies and the most interesting markets to visit.
What is the accommodation on the tour?
Travellers stay in centrally located, comfortable accommodation with private amenities. Peregrine choose smaller hotels to avoid large chains, and some itineraries even offer authentic homestays.
Is it possible to arrive early or extend the visit on a destination?
Peregrine offers trip extensions around some of the start and end cities, for example many people choose to add a Zanzibar beach extension to the end of their Mount Kilimanjaro trip! You can also choose to add pre/ post tour accommodation, so please get in touch for more details.
How much free time can travellers enjoy on the tour?
Peregrine tours are a combination of organised activities and free time. It also depends on the trip, for example, some of the trekking adventures may have less free time than other trips. The framework itinerary is in place and the details are taken care of, but on many days travellers decide what they want to see and do.