The Pandaw experience is all about exploring remote and often hard-to-navigate rivers and coasts in specially-designed luxury small ships. Pandaw operate their own luxury small ship river cruises on the Mekong River through Vietnam and Cambodia; the Red River and Hal...
The Pandaw experience is all about exploring remote and often hard-to-navigate rivers and coasts in specially-designed luxury small ships. Pandaw operate their own luxury small ship river cruises on the Mekong River through Vietnam and Cambodia; the Red River and Halong Bay in Vietnam; Laos, China and Thailand on the Upper Mekong; the Irrawaddy & Chindwin rivers in Burma. We also operate boutique ships with partners on the Amazon in Brazil and the Brahmaputra, Hooghly and Ganges in India. Each ship, hand-crafted in brass and teak, is an object of beauty in itself. A Pandaw adventure is very different from that offered on an ocean-going cruise. The ships are small scale, and the atmosphere is informal, and very friendly.Read more
4 Pandaw Cruises Reviews
- Rather Poor
- 4.5 / 5
- 5 / 5
- 5 / 5
- Value for money
- 4.5 / 5
- 5 / 5
- SRSusanMandalay Pagan Packet (from Mandalay to Pagan)5.0 - ExcellentWritten on March 31, 2018Visiting villages and seeing the Myanmar way of life.
- CDChrisPagan-Mandalay or Mandalay-Pagan Short Cruise (from Pagan to Mandalay)5.0 - ExcellentWritten on March 15, 2018Excellent in every possible respect!
Pandaw Cruises Tours
- Mandalay Pagan Packet (from Mandalay to Pagan) 8 daysStarts MandalayEnds Pagan$2,095 $1,829-13%
- Pagan-Mandalay or Mandalay-Pagan Short Cruise (from Pagan to Mandalay) 3 daysStarts PaganEnds Mandalay$745 $651-13%
- Classic Mekong (from My Tho to Siem Reap) 8 daysStarts My ThoEnds Siem Reap$3,246 $2,519-22%
About Pandaw Cruises
Pandaw Cruises videos
- Pandaw River Expedition 2014
- Pandaw River Expedition 2017
- The Mergui Archipelago
- Halong Bay and Red River
- Show more...
Pandaw Cruises Ships
- RV Zawgyi Pandaw*Built in 2014, the cleverly designed RV Zawgyi Pandaw is a fairly new addition to Pandaw’s fleet and comes with superb specificatio… Read more
- RV Kha ByooBuilt in 2016, the beautifully crafted RV Kha Byoo Pandaw currently performs as Pandaw Academy’s Training Ship at Pagan. Featuring… Read more
- RV Kalaw Pandaw*Sister to RV Kalaw Pandaw, the RV Kindat Pandaw perfects the two deck shallow draft vessel design that enables her to travel to remote ar… Read more
- RV Orient PandawBuilt in 2008, the magnificent RV Orient Pandaw has served in five Southeast Asian countries and currently operates in Myanmar (Burma). B… Read more
- RV Indochina PandawIdentical to the RV Bassac Pandaw and the RV Orient Pandaw, the 170 foot long RV Indochina Pandaw was built in 2009 and began operations… Read more
- RV Katha PandawBuilt in 2011, the RV Katha Pandaw follows traditions of 19th century colonial-style river vessels but incorporates new, radical design e… Read more
- RV Kalay PandawSmall and intimate, the RV Kalay Pandaw offers the perfect setting for memorable friend and family cruises on the Upper Chindwin waterway… Read more
- RV Kindat PandawSister to RV Kalaw Pandaw, the RV Kindat Pandaw perfects the two deck shallow draft vessel design that enables her to travel to remote ar… Read more
- Pandaw IIBuilt in 2001, the RV Pandaw II is the oldest self-built ship in Pandaw’s fleet of excellent river cruise vessels. Featuring just t… Read more
- RV Andaman ExplorerOriginally christened the MV Atlantic Guard, the 61 metre-long MY Andaman Explorer began service as a Norwegian coast guard vessel in 196… Read more
- MV MahabaahuThe 55 metre-long MV Mahabaahu is a sophisticated river cruise vessel operating on one of India’s holiest rivers – the Brahma… Read more
- RV Mekong Pandaw*Built in 2003 and refurbished in 2013, the RV Mekong Pandaw is one of the most beautiful river cruise vessels to glide on Vietnam’s… Read more
- RV Tonle Pandaw*Similar in design to the Pandaw II, the RV Tonle Pandaw plied in Burma for a year (2002/3) before she was sent to service the mighty Meko… Read more
- RV Angkor PandawBuilt in 2012, the 138 foot-long RV Angkor Pandaw is a sister-ship to Katha but boasts an enclosed air-conditioned dining room for enhanc… Read more
- RV Champa PandawLaunched in September 2016, RV Champa Pandaw is the latest Pandaw ship to grace Asia’s legendary waterways. Sister to RV Laos Panda… Read more
- RV Laos Pandaw*The 20 berth RV Laos Pandaw set sail on her maiden voyage in 2015. Under trying circumstances, shipbuilding experts overcame many hurdles… Read more
Exclusive benefits with
- Compare 600+ carefully screened operators
- Read 100,000+ genuine traveller reviews
- Choose between 25,000+ tours
- Always pay the best and lowest price
- Earn unlimited travel credits with every booking
- Never pay credit card or booking fees
- Book via our secure payment platform
- Enjoy flexible payment options
- Trusted by thousands of satisfied travellers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions.
Are the ships air-conditioned?
All the ships in the Pandaw fleet are air-conditioned including the cabins, dining rooms and lower deck cabins.
Is there internet and wifi onboard?
Internet is available on all ships as there are computers which can be used on sundeck however WiFI can only be accessed in certain locations which the crew will advise on.
Is there double beds in the cabin?
Each cabin is based on twin beds however if you prefer a double this can be arranged, just let your cruise specialist know at the time of booking.
How do I know which cabin to book?
The layout of all the cabins on the ship are the same, it is just the location that is different. You might prefer the right-hand side of the ship as it is closer to the sundeck and further away from the anchor but it really is your own personal preferences, which cabin you choose.
The main advantage of cabins on the upper decks and main decks is that you have windows and space outside your cabin to sit and look out on to the river. In the lower deck there are no windows, just portholes and have no space outside the cabin to relax.
As you cruise downstream or upstream there are lots to be seen on both sides of the river and many of the stops along the river can be on either side of the river too so all cabins offer similar views.
Is a triple cabin available?
The ships do not offer triple cabins as they are all based on twin cabins, however, Pandaw does allow infants below the age of 4 years to sleep in a cabin with their parents on an additional mattress.
Is this cruise suitable for children?
Children are welcome onboard the ships and generally will have a fantastic time. Please contact our cruise specialist for more information on pricing for children.
What are the additional charges onboard?
Whilst onboard the following services are an additional cost - Espresso and cappuccino bar
Spa service including foot, head and body massages (Mekong cruises only)
Personal laundry service
Selected wines from the Pandaw Wine List, and imported mineral waters.
How large are the beds in the cabins onboard?
The mattress dimensions of the cabin beds are: (90 x 199 x 22) cm.